+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

False Profile Express Entry

Nov 3, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have interest for Express Entry and I'm searching for information related to it. When searching information , I read some topics regarding mispresentation/fake profile. Hence I have a question related to this problem:
Are there any possibilities that someone (for some reasons, for example, to troll you) use your identity to create your profile on Express Entry with wrong information to test the system.
Then they receive ITA for this profile and they could submit the fake document but ofcourse they could not go to take biometrics because they are not you. In this case, are there any impacts for you when you create your profile by yourself with exact your information?

Thanks alot.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
To create an Express Entry profile you need quite a lot of personal information plus IELTS and WES. Then you need MUCH more personal information if you get ITA... and then that person would have to be willing to pay at least 850 CAD processing fee... and only then the application would be at a stage when a case officer would actually look at it.
Is it possible? Sure, in theory everything is ;) But it's extremely unlikely/borderline impossible as it requires a lot of effort, access to information and a fair bit of money and there's nothing to gain.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
I have interest for Express Entry and I'm searching for information related to it. When searching information , I read some topics regarding mispresentation/fake profile. Hence I have a question related to this problem:
Are there any possibilities that someone (for some reasons, for example, to troll you) use your identity to create your profile on Express Entry with wrong information to test the system.
Then they receive ITA for this profile and they could submit the fake document but ofcourse they could not go to take biometrics because they are not you. In this case, are there any impacts for you when you create your profile by yourself with exact your information?

Thanks alot.
I don't see how this is possible. I don't think it would even be possible to create the profile.

So short answer, no.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes! If they have your passport, I guess they can.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes! If they have your passport, I guess they can.
They would also need to have ECA and IELTS. It's a lot more than the passport.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
ECA and IELTS are not really part of your identity. Passport number most likely is. Also, ECA verification does not happen till late in process.

There is a rule of 1 EE profile per person. If you violate it (or made to violate it), i do not know what will happen. But there is literally no verification in EE profile stage.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Typically, an agent represented by you can "create" your profile using the data provided by you. The agent needs to be legal and registered under IRCC.

Nov 3, 2022
Typically, an agent represented by you can "create" your profile using the data provided by you. The agent needs to be legal and registered under IRCC.
[/QUOTE
Any impact in this situation, if you don't know agent change some information with your profile when submitting?

Nov 3, 2022
ECA and IELTS are not really part of your identity. Passport number most likely is. Also, ECA verification does not happen till late in process.

There is a rule of 1 EE profile per person. If you violate it (or made to violate it), i do not know what will happen. But there is literally no verification in EE profile stage.
In EE profile, if you don't know about that profile (as my question) and no biometrics, then will the profile be expired? Any impact when you submit your profile by yourself after that?

Nov 3, 2022
To create an Express Entry profile you need quite a lot of personal information plus IELTS and WES. Then you need MUCH more personal information if you get ITA... and then that person would have to be willing to pay at least 850 CAD processing fee... and only then the application would be at a stage when a case officer would actually look at it.
Is it possible? Sure, in theory everything is ;) But it's extremely unlikely/borderline impossible as it requires a lot of effort, access to information and a fair bit of money and there's nothing to gain.
Thanks :D, so if it happens (although very rare), there will be no consequence when you submit your true profile after that?

Nov 3, 2022
For EE profile, if no receipt of ITA or receiving ITA but no biometrics submitted, then will it be expired after 1 year and no consequence for your true profile submitted after that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For EE profile, if no receipt of ITA or receiving ITA but no biometrics submitted, then will it be expired after 1 year and no consequence for your true profile submitted after that?
Yes

Reactions: Emily93Nguyen1

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Possible, One of the reasons why you choose a registered agent. But, again, messing with your profile is a loss of business for them too.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks :D, so if it happens (although very rare), there will be no consequence when you submit your true profile after that?
I don't have any experience with anything like this happening so I can't say for sure. What I'm trying to say that even if someone would just open a fake EE profile, this is not going to be reviewed by a case officer. To the best of my knowledge, you could only get into trouble if someone used your details and somehow submitted a whole fake application - by this I mean submitting all documents after ITA and paying processing fee. The chances of this happening are almost none... certainly not 'just to troll someone' ;-)