+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Facing problems to get SIN number

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
I landed to Canada on 19th of April. On 21st of April I applied for SIN number but till now I didn’t got my SIN number. I applied it in person but they did paper application as there was a strike and it's more then a month. I tried calling Service canada and IRCC but no one is answering properly.I have job offer letter but without SIN they are not going to hire me. I feel so helpless and frustrated because every time I called 'service Canada sin' every agent give me different answer. Please help me in this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I landed to Canada on 19th of April. On 21st of April I applied for SIN number but till now I didn’t got my SIN number. I applied it in person but they did paper application as there was a strike and it's more then a month. I tried calling Service canada and IRCC but no one is answering properly.I have job offer letter but without SIN they are not going to hire me. I feel so helpless and frustrated because every time I called 'service Canada sin' every agent give me different answer. Please help me in this
Go in person to a Service Canada office. They are not on strike anymore.

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
I go 3 4 times but they told me to call 18662746627 this number as follow up them. They are not able to help me anymore. I called on this number many times but every time I got different answers. I got to know that there was error from immigration department in my work permit so that thing was resolved but still there is no progress from 'service Canada sin'.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I go 3 4 times but they told me to call 18662746627 this number as follow up them. They are not able to help me anymore. I called on this number many times but every time I got different answers. I got to know that there was error from immigration department in my work permit so that thing was resolved but still there is no progress from 'service Canada sin'.
What was the issue with your work permit? If error and corrected then may need apply again. IRCC and Service Canada are two different departments. What did SC tell you to do.

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
Some information was missing. I can not apply again for SIN. As it already given to 'service Canada sin'. Yeah I know both are different. SC told me follow up on 18662746627 this number.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Some information was missing. I can not apply again for SIN. As it already given to 'service Canada sin'. Yeah I know both are different. SC told me follow up on 18662746627 this number.
Unfortunately not much you can do is wait & keep calling.

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
That is what I am doing... But because of thus I losed my 2 job offers and it's really very difficult to survive without money.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is what I am doing... But because of thus I losed my 2 job offers and it's really very difficult to survive without money.
Has it even been mailed? What have they told you? Unfortunately you applied during the strike so probably a backlog to process SINs now.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was not aware about the strike and they did not even told me about that.
The strike was in the news. Not sure at what point someone would like have had to be required to tell you there is a strike. I assume there may have been some signs about longer processing times. What type of WP do you have? PGWP, closed work permit (based on a job off the) or OWP and on what grounds did you qualify for the OWP? Assume it must not be a PGWP since you would have already had a SIN# if you were an international student.