+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

F-1 Student apply for visitor visa in the US... Submitted on Nov 18

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
I'm an international student holding F-1 status in the US. I planned to go to Canada this winter break for two weeks.
I submitted my application online on Nov 18, and received the original passport request today, Nov. 27.
Considering processing times of the two visa offices in the US, I sent my passport and the request letter to LA office.
I will come back when I receive any further notice from CIC or USPS.

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
Same here. Applied on Nov 18 and sent my passport on Nov 27 to LA office.
Passport received by LA consulate on Nov 29.
Hoping to receive it back before Dec 10.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
Same here. Applied on Nov 18 and sent my passport on Nov 27 to LA office.
Passport received by LA consulate on Nov 29.
Hoping to receive it back before Dec 10.
Hi Anburaj,
my USPS envelope was received by the consulate on Nov 29. I saw that via USPS Tracking. Have they sent you any notice that they have received your passport?

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
They haven't sent any notice stating that they received the passport. Did you login in your account and checked for any updates?
My CIC doesn't have any update.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
anburaj1985 said:
They haven't sent any notice stating that they received the passport. Did you login in your account and checked for any updates?
My CIC doesn't have any update.
No updates. But the layout of the MyCIC webpage seems changed.
I don't know when the passport will return so I haven't booked flight tickets. Have you?

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
robertwangbo said:
I don't know when the passport will return so I haven't booked flight tickets. Have you?
I applied online on Nov 4 but i didn't receive any request for submitting my passport.....why!!!! I have flights scheduled on Dec 22. Do you smart guys know how long it's gonna take from sending passport to receiving it with visa stamp on that??> Thanks!!! If it's gonna take more than 10 days Im gonna change my flight then..

anburaj1985

Nov 25, 2013
@robertwangbo. Yeah. I can see the change in MYCIC layout. But no updates. I'm going to drive to Canada. Howsoever, I have to be there by Dec 25th though.
@zgzjhzxhq. I hope you get it soon. Really can't predict the reason. Try sending emails with your flight ticket and subject as URGENT!

Serendi

Dec 3, 2013
My boyfriend:
11.7 Applied online
11.20 Passport Request
11.21 Sent via Priority Mail from Pittsburgh
11.23 Arrived LA Consulate

Me:
11.8 Applied
11.21 Passport Request
11.25 Sent via Priority Mail from Seattle
11.28 Delivery Status hasn't been updated till now!!!

I'm quite worried. My boyfriend bought his ticket to Seattle on Dec 12th. If the LA Consulate cannot mail his passport back before next Monday, our schedule will be ruined...

Serendi

Dec 3, 2013
Serendi said:
My boyfriend:
11.7 Applied online
11.20 Passport Request
11.21 Sent via Priority Mail from Pittsburgh
11.23 Arrived LA Consulate

Me:
11.8 Applied
11.21 Passport Request
11.25 Sent via Priority Mail from Seattle
11.28 Delivery Status hasn't been updated till now!!!

I'm quite worried. My boyfriend bought his ticket to Seattle on Dec 12th. If the LA Consulate cannot mail his passport back before next Monday, our schedule will be ruined...
New update! According to tracking numbers, both mine and my boyfriend's passport have just been sent out from LA Consulate this afternoon! I'm so happy!
We applied for one-time visitor visa.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
Serendi said:
New update! According to tracking numbers, both mine and my boyfriend's passport have just been sent out from LA Consulate this afternoon! I'm so happy!
Congrats! According to your times, hope mine would be back in a week.

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
I just received the passport. Multiple, 2 years.

Timeline:
Submit online application - Nov 18
Original passport request - Nov 27
Send out passport - Nov 27
Receive passport - Dec 5

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
I got update saying finalized and approved, closed. Last update on Nov. 30, but I still did not get the passport yet. Did you get Wang bo?
robertwangbo said:

qeandnz

Dec 6, 2013
Hi,
I sent my passport to LA on 19 Nov, but I forgot to record the tracking No. back, so stupid.
Did you get any update on website before you see the tracking change on USPS? Mine says application finalized, approved and closed.

Serendi said: