+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extra proofs of relationship/ Same sex couple

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Hi everyone,

My application has recently been received by LVO on April 1st and I was just going through my copies of my application at home and have realised I've missed out a whole chunk of evidence, facebook chats and emails!!!

Now I'm a little worried that our 'evidence' my be lacking, do you think my best option would be to send it in now for them to add to my file? or wait and see if they request anything?

Also is their any other same sex couples on here applying outland for PR? I know there is no difference between us and a regular couple but we filed our app late Dec 2013 and only received SA on march 28th, is this normal?.. is there anyone else out there like us?? haha

Thank you :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That seems like a long time for SA, since most have it ~ 30- 45 days.

You could make copies of everything and send them to CIC, since you have a UCI number and an application number. They should be able to match this with your file. If they don't, you'll still have the originals that you can send if/when they ask for more evidence during processing.

Fortunately, if they don't see enough evidence, they'll ask you for more, before simply denying your application.

Good luck!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Chevy23 said:
Hi everyone,
My application has recently been received by LVO on April 1st and I was just going through my copies of my application at home and have realised I've missed out a whole chunk of evidence, facebook chats and emails!!! Now I'm a little worried that our 'evidence' my be lacking, do you think my best option would be to send it in now for them to add to my file? or wait and see if they request anything? Also is their any other same sex couples on here applying outland for PR? I know there is no difference between us and a regular couple but we filed our app late Dec 2013 and only received SA on march 28th, is this normal?.. is there anyone else out there like us?? haha Thank you :)
Looks like your SA took a couple weeks longer than mine (we're a "regular" couple). Yes longer than the norm. Who knows why. I'm just looking at it that the "karmic bounce" will come further down the road when my wife will get her visa early! Re: sending more evidence, what have you sent so far? If you've sent phone records or other proof of communications maybe emails aren't as crucial? Anyway I believe I've read here where people have sent in more stuff so if it eases your mind then why not. I suppose you would send them to the LVO though (not Missy), citing of course the UCI number, your names, etc. (just photocopy your SA and include it even) As for other same sex couples on here I remember seeing some posts by a guy named Florida Bear. Do a search & you should find his posts. Good luck!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
facebook chats and e-mails are not a big deal as long as you sent them the key stuff like photos and proof of visits to each other and with each other (boarding passes, etc).

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
thanks guys for your responses

yh I thought our SA took took way too long but oh well we have it now so that's good

I think maybe I will wait and see if they request any more, I just don't want to complicate anything or delay it further, i just wanted a bit of reassurance that they wont automatically reject our file and we would have to start over

I have also ordered gcms notes which should arrive in a few weeks and I've read on here that they can have some good info in them so hopefully that will give me a better insight

As for proofs i already sent, wedding pics, pics of trips taken together in AB, BC and QC from 2011, flight tickets/stubs, wedding cards/bday cards sent, photos with family. We also worked together and lived together (when i was in Canada) they would see this from our forms submitted

There is nothing for phone bills due to us living together and me having several different phones e.g from a uk one to a cad one back to a uk one, i left Canada in December and of course i have evidence of communication eg fb and email but i still feel without these our evidence may be a little 'light' but then again maybe its ok because of our trips put together and living together??!

I think I'm just second guessing everything now lol

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Chevy23 said:
thanks guys for your responses

yh I thought our SA took took way too long but oh well we have it now so that's good

I think maybe I will wait and see if they request any more, I just don't want to complicate anything or delay it further, i just wanted a bit of reassurance that they wont automatically reject our file and we would have to start over

I have also ordered gcms notes which should arrive in a few weeks and I've read on here that they can have some good info in them so hopefully that will give me a better insight

As for proofs i already sent, wedding pics, pics of trips taken together in AB, BC and QC from 2011, flight tickets/stubs, wedding cards/bday cards sent, photos with family. We also worked together and lived together (when i was in Canada) they would see this from our forms submitted

There is nothing for phone bills due to us living together and me having several different phones e.g from a uk one to a cad one back to a uk one, i left Canada in December and of course i have evidence of communication eg fb and email but i still feel without these our evidence may be a little 'light' but then again maybe its ok because of our trips put together and living together??!

I think I'm just second guessing everything now lol
Chevy, where are you from (what country is your passport for)?

As for second guessing, i think 99.99% of us on the forum can relate!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I think you should be fine. Applicants from the UK don't get as much suspicion in regards to relationship validity. You already sent the big proof (photos, tickets, cards, etc).

Romance-in-Paris

Apr 15, 2014
Personally I think the evidence you've included is sufficient. I would wait for them to ask for more before sending it.

I personally included a printout of my Facebook page (going on for about 40 pages on paper) which includes our relationship status being together, pictures of various vacations we took together (we also obviously included the real photos) and a few posts we wrote on each others' walls like "happy anniversary, love you".

That all is the PUBLIC part of Facebook. They like to know that your relationship is known to your family and friends. I did not include any private emails or chat logs between us (even though we do chat a bit on Facebook during the day when we are each at work).

But then again, my situation is different because we're currently living together (abroad) and plan to move to Canada together later this year. So we don't have to prove that we are keeping in contact during a separation.