+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extension of work permit

S

safii

hi
i m working as under live in caregiver program.my work permit will be expire on july18 ,i wana extend my work permit.
1. when should i apply to extend my work permit n whats the procees time for that
2. how can i apply for this

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
safii said:
hi
i m working as under live in caregiver program.my work permit will be expire on july18 ,i wana extend my work permit.
1. when should i apply to extend my work permit n whats the procees time for that
2. how can i apply for this
Hi,

I am not sure if you need a new LMO if the extension is for the same employer. Anyway average processing time is 86 days for renewal of work permit for the same employer and 27 days for a new employer. You need to submit a new contract though.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#temp_res

To extend your work permit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Maybe somebody who has had experience extending his/her WP can give his/her experience.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I phoned CIC and was assured that an LMO was not required for a caregiver extension. I asked and received an email confirmation that an LMO was not required. My caregiver's one year permit expires on May 13th 2010 and he submitted his request for a 2 year extension last week without an LMO because the process time is now 86 days..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dben said:
I phoned CIC and was assured that an LMO was not required for a caregiver extension. I asked and received an email confirmation that an LMO was not required. My caregiver's one year permit expires on May 13th 2010 and he submitted his request for a 2 year extension last week without an LMO because the process time is now 86 days..
Thanks dben. Has your caregiver already filed her work permit extension?

leirbag

Jan 14, 2010
sure the number is 18882422100, but note that you will not speak with and immigration officer but with a call centre agent... some times their information is confuse. So be sure to double check.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
My caregiver is a male as I mentioned in my post and sent the extension application a week ago.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dben said:
My caregiver is a male as I mentioned in my post and sent the extension application a week ago.
Thanks, and sorry about that. I read the post then and it did not register. Brain foggy. :( And I re-read it now and it was so clearly stated there. Thanks again.