+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi simp, are you using Internet Explorer as your browser? Try to use Mozilla Firefox or download it for free if you don't have if your using windows.My friend have same problem last week but when I did download Mozilla Firefox as her browser she can open the document submitted/uploaded. Good thing we noticed that, because when she used mine Mac Os thru Safari browser she can open it. Hope it helps.

Simp said:
Hi Anne 55,

I ne visited this forum before.

So i have a question regarding my application of online work permit with the same employer.It says usually 50 to 55 days.
I submitted it online on March 12 and the message came You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on 12 March 2011 10:18:21AM EST.And now when i go to My CIC and there is written VIEW CHECKLIST .When i click it it opens up the list of documents which i provided at the time of submission of application and the status says PROVIDED and there is a column REQUIRED BY which states 1st April.There is an option VIEW DOCUMENT and when i click this it gives the same error as being discussed in the forum that unable to download from cic site.

So how i know that my documents were loaded or not at the time of submission of online application.Do i need to call ?

Plz advise.

Simp

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi simp,

Try honey sweeties' advice of downloading firefox. I am using the same one and I don't have problem viewing the documents. If it won't work you can always call the cic then dial 1-1-1-1-0 to save you from waiting and listening to the options but rather transfer you to the representative right away! ;)

Good luck! :D

Anne55

Simp said:
Hi Anne 55,

I ne visited this forum before.

So i have a question regarding my application of online work permit with the same employer.It says usually 50 to 55 days.
I submitted it online on March 12 and the message came You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on 12 March 2011 10:18:21AM EST.And now when i go to My CIC and there is written VIEW CHECKLIST .When i click it it opens up the list of documents which i provided at the time of submission of application and the status says PROVIDED and there is a column REQUIRED BY which states 1st April.There is an option VIEW DOCUMENT and when i click this it gives the same error as being discussed in the forum that unable to download from cic site.

So how i know that my documents were loaded or not at the time of submission of online application.Do i need to call ?

Plz advise.

Simp

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Anne55 and Honey sweetie.

It worked.Another question is my employment is till dec 2013 as per new employment letter but my passport is going to be expired in Oct 2012.So i assume that i would be issued the permit till passport expiry that or you think that cic could ask for the new passport once they start processing.I didnt renew my passport for now as my immigration is also in process and hoping willnt recieve any more permit if evthng goes well and buffalo moves fast.

Thanks

S

anne55 said:
Hi simp,

Try honey sweeties' advice of downloading firefox. I am using the same one and I don't have problem viewing the documents. If it won't work you can always call the cic then dial 1-1-1-1-0 to save you from waiting and listening to the options but rather transfer you to the representative right away! ;)

Good luck! :D

Anne55

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will issue WP based on the expiry of your passport. THEY WON'T ASK YOU FOR A NEW PASSPORT. They will based on the documents you have submitted.

Simp said:

It worked.Another question is my employment is till dec 2013 as per new employment letter but my passport is going to be expired in Oct 2012.So i assume that i would be issued the permit till passport expiry that or you think that cic could ask for the new passport once they start processing.I didnt renew my passport for now as my immigration is also in process and hoping willnt recieve any more permit if evthng goes well and buffalo moves fast.

Thanks

S

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Your welcome Simp,

They will base the validity of your new work permit on the expiration of your passport. Like the one I read somewhere in this forum, his passport was about to expire in 6 months, cic never asked him for a new one but rather just gave him a work permit based on the expiration of his passport...

I don't think you need a work permit for more than a year anyways coz soon you will be receiving your PR right?? ;D
Be positive! ;)

Good luck

Anne55

Simp said:

Thanks

S

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again.

S

anne55 said:
Your welcome Simp,

They will base the validity of your new work permit on the expiration of your passport. Like the one I read somewhere in this forum, his passport was about to expire in 6 months, cic never asked him for a new one but rather just gave him a work permit based on the expiration of his passport...

I don't think you need a work permit for more than a year anyways coz soon you will be receiving your PR right?? ;D
Be positive! ;)

Good luck

Anne55

K

kawal

Hi,

Copy paste all the pages of passport along with the visa stamp in the word doc. Then convert it to PDF. If you dont have converter then try downloading from the site win2pdf

Once converted then upload the pdf.

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Hi All,

One of my friend applied for work permit extension online and CIC issued and mailed him the paper copy of extended work permit but did not ask him to send the original passport to stamp the visa in his passport and when he called them back to enquire he was informed by some agent at call center that the new work permit is valid till he is in canada and once he leave Canada he has to apply for fresh Temporary resident visa to enter Canada.I am shocked to hear this, is this true?

I have applied for work permit extension online on 14th March and waiting for CIC to open my application,hopefully I may get some response soon.My current work permit and visa will be expiring on 30 Apr 2011,so if it is ture that no visa stamping in passport will be done for online applications then I am planning to apply for Temporary resident visa now.Please guide me if it is possible to apply for temporary resident visa when online work permit extension is already in process.I am not sure any info in this regard will be highly appreciated,thanks.

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in a process to get an open work permit through IEC working holiday program. It will be valid for 12 months. After that, while I am in Canada, and if I want to extend this work permit as a regular work permit, do I need LMO or just employment contract from my (same) employer is enough?

MsOptimistic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the question in Online Application for work permit extension is:

Do you have a labour market opinion issued by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada?

I answered "My employer has applied for one, but has not yet received it."

So, I submitted my Extension of Work Permit through Online Application last April 18, 2011 without my Positive LMO.

Fortunately, I got my Positive LMO today.

My question is: How can I submit my Positive LMO to CIC?

Thank you so much in advance..

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echoes1978 said:
I am in a process to get an open work permit through IEC working holiday program. It will be valid for 12 months. After that, while I am in Canada, and if I want to extend this work permit as a regular work permit, do I need LMO or just employment contract from my (same) employer is enough?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need LMO.

echoes1978 said:

Danna

May 2, 2011
hey there,I have a urgent questions to ask , if anyone can answer it please reply it asap
last night ,i send my online appliciation to CIC,but the point is I don't know I should upload the contract ,I did everything that the CIC website asksd.which that mean, I just scan the passport and the visa I didn't upload the contract and the employer's letter. :( until a good friend told me I must be upload the document together,so today I did call the CIC centre,to see if I can add informations,but the agent said I don't need do ,if they need any other document they will e-mail to me ,then I can add the document that they need.
so I am upset if that will effect my apply.does anyone have some idea? what should I do right now
because I saw the CIC websit said if I want add any information( excample change addess phone number) I can make change in 2weeks
so can I do something to save my apply.if anyone know it please tell me how to do it .it will be great for u to give me some suggestion.
looking forward to your reply

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
up...........

Danna

May 2, 2011
hey there
I was wondering did anyone have try to send a letter to the senator's wife olivia chow.which that means let them know that our case process take a long time,they should do something to help us ,right know nobody care about us case so it takes long time to get the PR, after the vote,so many chinese people take a seat in the goverment,if we can do something to get them attention that will be greatly , I don't think anyone (who works as a live-in caregiver )wants our case take long time to finish, life is short ,we should use our time do something not just wait
so if you already did sent a letter to them or you have a plan about it ,please let us know , we will appreciate for that
thank u again
looking forward to your reply