+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Temporary resident Visa -- Within canada

Dec 14, 2015
Hi,
My Temporary resident visa stamp on my old passport was valid only up to the validity of my passport and since then I have renewed my passport in Canada and now would like to apply for a new TRV. I went on my cic and filled out a questionnaire and when I filled in all the forms and successfully uploaded all off them except the temporary resident visa form IMM5257E the error is (Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.Error Description: The answers you provided previously in the question flow do not correspond with the values in the application form. Please modify your answers in the question flow or the values in the application form.)

Then I realized that MyCic online application thinks I am applying from outside of Canada I would like to know how to fix that and if I am using the right forms or not. I called the helpline they sent me a link which was not helpful.. Please advise ..

Also If I leave the country will I be able to re enter Canada with an expired temporary resident visa stamp, I am an international student and my study permit is valid till Nov 2017.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you hold study permit, why you need to extend your visitor visa.
you can enter Canada with study permit, if you register as full time student.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

floomy said:
if you hold study permit, why you need to extend your visitor visa.
you can enter Canada with study permit, if you register as full time student.

1. OP need valid TRV to re-enter Canada. Study permit doesn't allow you to re-enter.

Hopefulgir08

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2014 (July 1, 2014 refused due to foreign police clearance) October 29, 2014 (reapplied)
Med's Request
June 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 19,2014
Passport Req..
Paper Application. November 4, 2014(approval email rceived)
VISA ISSUED...
November 6, 2014 Passport received
LANDED..........
November 2014
Hello,

I believe you are from a non trv exempt country that's why you have that visa. First, if you are travelling outside Canada except the USA, you need to renew your TRV in order to come back to Canada without any problems even if you have a valid study permit. Second, in order to apply for a TRV online and inside Canada, it takes 12 days for cic to process it from the day you have mailed your passport.