+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Passport Request Letter

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Hi guys,
I received a Letter of Original Passport Request from IRCC few days ago and its mentioned that i have to submit my passport within 30days of recieving the email.
Unfortunately my passport is not available with me now and wont be available until after 60days.. what can i do in this regard ?
is it possible i can write IRCC to extend my submission date ?

i will appreciate any advise from here.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi guys,
I received a Letter of Original Passport Request from IRCC few days ago and its mentioned that i have to submit my passport within 30days of recieving the email.
Unfortunately my passport is not available with me now and wont be available until after 60days.. what can i do in this regard ?
is it possible i can write IRCC to extend my submission date ?

i will appreciate any advise from here.
Did you give your passport to someone else to travel on?
Try to send an explanation letter but the point of this whole thing is to have your docs available for important moments like this.

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Did you give your passport to someone else to travel on?
Try to send an explanation letter but the point of this whole thing is to have your docs available for important moments like this.
No...i submitted my passport to USA government for a certain application.... And i have share the copy of the application i make as a proof to ircc...still waiting for their reply..

Reactions: Hummingbird89

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
No...i submitted my passport to USA government for a certain application.... And i have share the copy of the application i make as a proof to ircc...still waiting for their reply..
they gave me the extension and send me another passport request letter with a new date ....

kiyone

May 7, 2023
they gave me the extension and send me another passport request letter with a new date ....
Hi, how did you ask for an extension? Did you use the IRCC webform? If so, do you know how long they take to respond? I'm in a similar situation, I was unable to submit my passport within the 30 days

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Hi, how did you ask for an extension? Did you use the IRCC webform? If so, do you know how long they take to respond? I'm in a similar situation, I was unable to submit my passport within the 30 days
yes i filled and submit multiple webform.... i did not get any response from them , only autoreply acknowledgement.
But a day after the last day of the submission letter, i checked my account and found a new Letter with a new date for another 30days...
i really pray and hope my passport will be ready before this new letter expires.

Reactions: Rhny

kiyone

May 7, 2023
yes i filled and submit multiple webform.... i did not get any response from them , only autoreply acknowledgement.
But a day after the last day of the submission letter, i checked my account and found a new Letter with a new date for another 30days...
i really pray and hope my passport will be ready before this new letter expires.
Hi how long did it take you to receive an extension? Do you think it helps to submit multiple webforms? I only submitted one and did not receive a reply

kiyone

May 7, 2023
has your letter 30days expired ?

i send multiple webform because i was thinking that they will reply me..
Yeah I am a few days past the 30 days and vfs requested that I get an updated passport request letter, so I submitted a webform requesting for an extension