+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending visa

Nitma

Mar 4, 2010
Hi All,

If my parents want to extend their visitor visa beyond 6 months in Canada. Can they do so?
Will they get extension. I am on work permit…

TIA

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Nitma said:
Hi All,

If my parents want to extend their visitor visa beyond 6 months in Canada. Can they do so?
Will they get extension. I am on work permit...

TIA
1. They can apply http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
2. Maybe.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
I would like to extend my visit so that I can continue to visit with my husband while the spousal application within Canada (entirely, hopefully). My 6 month entry stamp expires in middle December, so I thought it would be a good idea to apply for a visitor extension beginning/middle of November.

I heard it is better to do this via snail-mail than online, because snail-mail takes a lot longer and while it's processing you are on "implied status".

Did anybody else do this? Did it work out well?

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I kind of have the same question as Indigo, I'm planning to have my partner visit me in Canada while the application is in process.
I believe you heard right, Indigo but it would be nice to have it confirmed again by someone who knows for sure!
Indigo, you are applying outland I'm assuming? Did you start your visit before or after sending in your application?

mrsshabi

Oct 11, 2011
hi
just go to this website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp and apply online...
you should submit online application atleasst one month before the expiration of your stay.......

I just applied it tooo....

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsshabi said:
hi
just go to this website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp and apply online...
you should submit online application atleasst one month before the expiration of your stay.......

I just applied it tooo....
mrsshabi,
can you let us know how long it takes to gt an answer? that'd be great!

likathy

Nov 10, 2011
Hi, I am currently a visitor in Canada. I already sent extension application to the immigration office but i'm not sure when It will be finalized? and I heard that it takes about 100 days to process but my status will be expired before my application is finalized?? what should i do?? your reply will be appreciated :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You'd be on implied status until you get a response from Vegreville.

likathy said:
Hi, I am currently a visitor in Canada. I already sent extension application to the immigration office but i'm not sure when It will be finalized? and I heard that it takes about 100 days to process but my status will be expired before my application is finalized?? what should i do?? your reply will be appreciated :)

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any word on how long it takes CIC to process a visitor visa extension ?