+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Visitor Visa- PMM

zezo389

Apr 19, 2010
PMM, I hope you can answer my question. Others are welcome as well!

We applied for a inland sponsorship for my husband, in October 2009. With the application also sent the open work permit. We sent the extension of stay before the PR application, and I believe it was about 30 days from expiring or so. It was extended till April 30th. Does my husband need to apply to extend it again?

I called the cic agent, and she said if we applied with the owp, then its implied. But reading the answers from others, its conflicting. In the forum others have stated that if the PR application was sent after the status was expired (we had already applied for extension of stay but had not heard back with the letter), then its not implied.

Can you clarify please? I dont want to not extend it thinking we're right, and then get into major problems because it was not "implied".

Thanks so much for your time and help. Really appreciate it.

Zezo

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zezo389 said:
PMM, I hope you can answer my question. Others are welcome as well!

We applied for a inland sponsorship for my husband, in October 2009. With the application also sent the open work permit. We sent the extension of stay before the PR application, and I believe it was about 30 days from expiring or so. It was extended till April 30th. Does my husband need to apply to extend it again?

I called the cic agent, and she said if we applied with the owp, then its implied. But reading the answers from others, its conflicting. In the forum others have stated that if the PR application was sent after the status was expired (we had already applied for extension of stay but had not heard back with the letter), then its not implied.

Can you clarify please? I dont want to not extend it thinking we're right, and then get into major problems because it was not "implied".

Thanks so much for your time and help. Really appreciate it.

Zezo
You are fine as you included the OWP application with the PR application. He has implied status until a decision is made.