+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend my stay as a visitor

lastomato

Oct 16, 2012
Hi,

Currently I am holding a spouse work permit and it is expiring at the end of Nov. (the same date as my visa), my company is applying for an LMO for me at the same time and it will probably be issued after my work permit and visa expire. So my question is, can I extend my stay as a visitor and wait until LMO is issued?

Thanks in advance!
Jay

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Why not send an application for WP and attach a cover letter saying that a LMO has been applied in your name. You'll send the LMO once received.

lastomato said:
Hi,

Currently I am holding a spouse work permit and it is expiring at the end of Nov. (the same date as my visa), my company is applying for an LMO for me at the same time and it will probably be issued after my work permit and visa expire. So my question is, can I extend my stay as a visitor and wait until LMO is issued?

Thanks in advance!
Jay

lastomato

Oct 16, 2012
I'm not sure if it works this way. Will CIC wait several months for my LMO?

job_seeker said:
Why not send an application for WP and attach a cover letter saying that a LMO has been applied in your name. You'll send the LMO once received.

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
lastomato said:
Hi

I am same situation with you but i asm holding Working Holiday Visa instead of WP and my one cannot be extended. Currently i am living in Banff and i've contact the people who can help to answer the Visa problem.
They told me to apply WP with offer letter prior received LMO .
It seems make sense.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you read CIC's website, you are allowed to apply for extension of your work permit 2 weeks before the permit expires and can say that the LMO is pending. If you have the file number, provide it. This will give you implied status(if you are reneweing it with same employer) and you can continue working until a decision is made.

Apparently, CIC holds such applications for 2 months and if you get the LMO, provide the information to the CIC call centre. If your application is rejected before the LMO is approved, you have 90 days to restore your status.

lastomato said:

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
If you read CIC's website, you are allowed to apply for extension of your work permit 2 weeks before the permit expires and can say that the LMO is pending. If you have the file number, provide it. This will give you implied status(if you are reneweing it with same employer) and you can continue working until a decision is made.

Apparently, CIC holds such applications for 2 months and if you get the LMO, provide the information to the CIC call centre. If your application is rejected before the LMO is approved, you have 90 days to restore your status.
Hi there,

As you mentioned once got rejected before the LMO approved will have 90 days to restore status so which mean can apply the restoration as a worker?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes, as a worker when you have the LMO. But if the 90 days is almost over and still no LMO, apply for restoration as a visitor. Then you can change to worker when LMO is approved.

sypnicole said:
Hi there,

As you mentioned once got rejected before the LMO approved will have 90 days to restore status so which mean can apply the restoration as a worker?