+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend my post-diploma permit

ahassa

Aug 7, 2020
Hello,
I need some help.

I currently have a post-diploma work permit which expires on December 17, 2020. I have been working with the same employer since 2018. I wanted to apply for residency via express entry but the system asks me for a language test. I registered for the test but I am on the waiting list.

Now I am looking to extend my post-diploma permit but the system is asking me for a Labor Market Impact Study (LMIA).

my question: is there no other way to extend my post-diploma permit without going through the labor market impact study (LMIA)?

Any solution is welcome.

Is there anyone who has had the same case as me?

How to get out of this situation?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
A PGWP cannot be extended. You need an LMIA to apply for a closed work permit or to apply for PR before your PGWP expires so you can get a bridging work permit.

If you are only waiting to take your language test (and otherwise have enough Canadian work experience) then you may want to change your status to visitor.

ahassa

Aug 7, 2020
A PGWP cannot be extended. You need an LMIA to apply for a closed work permit or to apply for PR before your PGWP expires so you can get a bridging work permit.

If you are only waiting to take your language test (and otherwise have enough Canadian work experience) then you may want to change your status to visitor.
thank you very much for responding

How to apply for PR before your PGWP expires ?

What is the procedure for applying in this category?