+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express_Entry: Work Experience Letter, is it an issue?

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015
Dear Readers,

Currently I have received the ITA for my application and I'm preparing all the documents required to be submitted.

My concern and query is regarding the Work experience summary letter issued by the employers.
I have a total of 4 years of expereince. 1 year from the past company and 3+ years from the current.

I have requested the current employer regarding the work experience letter and provided the format as per the guidelines given in MyCIC. Unfortunately, the company has issued me a summary letter as per their standard format. In addition I cannot request such letters from my managers.

But I have additional letters and proof's such as offer letter, time statements, position change, tax receipts, payslips, compensation letters, performance reports. (Performance reports details the Roles & Responsiblities + my score and comments from managers)

Please let me know if it will be alright to go ahead with whatever documents I have currently or is it compulsory required to produce a summary letter as per the guidelines.

Really worried. Would be thankful for your advice & replies.
Rob.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Re: Express_Entry: Work Experience Letter

rob_1 said:
Dear Readers,

Currently I have received the ITA for my application and I'm preparing all the documents required to be submitted.

My concern and query is regarding the Work experience summary letter issued by the employers.
I have a total of 4 years of expereince. 1 year from the past company and 3+ years from the current.

I have requested the current employer regarding the work experience letter and provided the format as per the guidelines given in MyCIC. Unfortunately, the company has issued me a summary letter as per their standard format. In addition I cannot request such letters from my managers.

But I have additional letters and proof's such as offer letter, time statements, position change, tax receipts, payslips, compensation letters, performance reports. (Performance reports details the Roles & Responsiblities + my score and comments from managers)

Please let me know if it will be alright to go ahead with whatever documents I have currently or is it compulsory required to produce a summary letter as per the guidelines.

Really worried. Would be thankful for your advice & replies.
Rob.
Does the summary letter cover any job responsibilities? Do you have any e-mail(s) confirming that employer cannot provide job duties in the letter.?

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

rob_1 said:
Please find some innovative ideas to get such a letter from your manager. For example, you can say you're planning to write an exam that requires proof of work-ex, such as PMP or CBAP.

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015

Hi Joelmath,

They don't have the roles and resp on the same letter, they only have mentioned the curr desig, d.o.j.

If the company is not issuing a letter in the same format, then if they provide a email stating the reason for not providing such a letter, Will that be enough? Because all the other documents are good enough to prove my job, roles & resp as per the NOC, payslips etc..

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015

hello number411,
:D I tried that and that didnt workout good enough. The first reply came was managers are not authorized to give us such a letter on company letter head just contact the HR dept. So i approached them.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014

rob_1 said:
Hi Joelmath,

They don't have the roles and resp on the same letter, they only have mentioned the curr desig, d.o.j.

If the company is not issuing a letter in the same format, then if they provide a email stating the reason for not providing such a letter, Will that be enough? Because all the other documents are good enough to prove my job, roles & resp as per the NOC, payslips etc..
If you can convince the VO that you tried your best and the employer refused to comply with the request, then you can provide other documents to support the experience. Logically speaking, its not that every company complies with such requests and its not that CIC would have never encountered an application where the employer refused to provide the requested letter. In such situations the onus is on applicant to prove that they have are correctly claiming points for the work experience they declared.

Please note that e-mail in itself will not suffice. Job responsibilities are probably the most important requirement and you have to find a way to get something official that shows your job responsibilities. There are other posts on this forum that have suggested using affidavits signed by colleagues/supervisors. Please also go through them and see if that is a possibility in your case.

Gather all supporting docs you mentioned earlier, try getting the e-mail we discussed earlier, prepare a well written LOE and connect the dots in your LOE.

All the best

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015
Hi JoelMath,

Thank you for your advice & replies. I'll try my best to get the documents as you have mentioned.

I did read quite a lot before I put up this thread. But thank you for your support.

Regards,
Rob.