+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

vanin023

Jun 12, 2023
I received my ITA and have applied for the residency but after applying my company lay me off now they wanted me to apply for EI and stay with them cuz there was less work available for a few weeks will that affect my file and is it okay for me to stay on EI for a while?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I received my ITA and have applied for the residency but after applying my company lay me off now they wanted me to apply for EI and stay with them cuz there was less work available for a few weeks will that affect my file and is it okay for me to stay on EI for a while?
If you are in EE(FSW, CEC) and your employer ONLY provided employment reference for AOR and you are not someone who's PNP nomination required a valid employment or either an offer of employment - you are going to be fine.

As long as what you claimed points against was true when you got your ITA (IELTS should be valid till AOR) - you've nothing to worry about.

vanin023

Jun 12, 2023
I have applied for in EE but i had a nomination under AINP(tech pathway) and just to confirm how much time does it take for AOR. Also is it ok if i want to change the job(NOC as well).