+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Bose79

Apr 27, 2022
Hello all,
I got into the EE pool with 335, is there a chance for me? Is EE done this year? My EE entry will expire in about 4 months . I also did Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island provincial momination and got into their pools. What are my chances, I have PhD Economics and I am a university lecturer in South Africa
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,
I got into the EE pool with 335, is there a chance for me? Is EE done this year? My EE entry will expire in about 4 months . I also did Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island provincial momination and got into their pools. What are my chances, I have PhD Economics and I am a university lecturer in South Africa
Thank you
EE is expected to re-start this summer however your score is far too low to be selected through FSW. To be selected through FSW, you would need a score of 480+. Can you increase your score at all? It's very low for someone with a PhD. I take it that's because you are losing points due to your age.

Reactions: Bose79

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
Thank you
EE scores will be around 480. SINP depends on your score and NOC. Same with PEI. PEI has a population of 150,000 people so they have specific NOCs too.

Bose79

Apr 27, 2022
EE is expected to re-start this summer however your score is far too low to be selected through FSW. To be selected through FSW, you would need a score of 480+. Can you increase your score at all? It's very low for someone with a PhD. I take it that's because you are losing points due to your age.
Thank you. I am 42. I also did not get points for Canada experience . I however got overall band of 7.5 in ielts. Could improving my ielts score make a difference?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. My NOC4011
What is your SINP score? The NOC was last drawn in January 2020. Becoming fluent in French (B2) will increase your score. Which PEI program are you eligible for without a job offer? Sncie you are a professor could you get a tenured position or post doc research position at a Canadian university?

Last edited:

Bose79

Apr 27, 2022
What is your SINP score? The NOC was last drawn in January 2020. Becoming fluent in French (B2) will increase your score. Which PEI program are you eligible for without a job offer? Sncie you are a professor could you get a tenured position or post doc research position at a Canadian university?
My SINP is 68 under international skilled worker and score for PEI is 75. Not sure of the PEI program i am eligible for, but seems it requires that i get a job offer. I have been applying to many universities in Canada for tenured position, but nothing is forthcoming. I will also look into postdoc research positions; i think that will be another way to go. Can you kindly suggest some universities that i can apply to for these?
Thank you for those suggestions

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My SINP is 68 under international skilled worker and score for PEI is 75. Not sure of the PEI program i am eligible for, but seems it requires that i get a job offer. I have been applying to many universities in Canada for tenured position, but nothing is forthcoming. I will also look into postdoc research positions; i think that will be another way to go. Can you kindly suggest some universities that i can apply to for these?
Thank you for those suggestions
68 is too low at the moment. Can’t suggest universities as you need to research what universities are hiring in your your field of research. Tenured positons are scare because most positions are for sessional lecturers so part-time.

Bose79

Apr 27, 2022
68 is too low at the moment. Can’t suggest universities as you need to research what universities are hiring in your your field of research. Tenured positons are scare because most positions are for sessional lecturers so part-time.
Thank you, i understand. I will check for possible universities. For the breakdown of SINP points, i got 0 points in "connection to Saskatchewan labour market and adaptability". Meanwhile in age i got 10, education 23, first lang 20, work experience 15 making total of the 68

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, i understand. I will check for possible universities. For the breakdown of SINP points, i got 0 points in "connection to Saskatchewan labour market and adaptability". Meanwhile in age i got 10, education 23, first lang 20, work experience 15 making total of the 68
Your NOC hasn’t been drawn in over two years and scores have been over 70.