+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry

vvidoushi

Aug 31, 2017
Hi
I have a question. I am applying for express entry and I am showing an international work experience of around 2 years. However it was 1 year part time and 1 year full time in the same company. How do I show it in the letter and also will they ask for a pay stub or just the letter? I don't have any pay stub. Will they may be call the company?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi
I have a question. I am applying for express entry and I am showing an international work experience of around 2 years. However it was 1 year part time and 1 year full time in the same company. How do I show it in the letter and also will they ask for a pay stub or just the letter? I don't have any pay stub. Will they may be call the company?
You will only be able to claim one and half year of work experience. One letter according to IRCC requirements is enough to prove your experience but it MUST meet all conditions. If your experience letter meets all requirements then apart from this letter, you Do Not need any other documents. Your primary NOC job experience must be minimum one year continuous at the skill type 0, A or B.

Here are the IRCC requirements for Eligibility-
Your work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.
If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible under this program.

Here are the IRCC requirements for letter-

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
IRCC may use various methods to check the authenticity of your Experience. First they check if the letter is printed on company letterhead or not. then they may check company registration. they would check official website (if not exists then don't worry). your company should have a landline number and official email address (not a personal one) otherwise it may raise a red flag, they may call or email or do both. also company registered in a residential area could get extra verification. Few candidates from India reported that IRCC officer visited their office to check him/her but it was before Express Entry. as a rule of thumb you should include visiting/business card of the supervisor/manager/MD who ever would sign your letter.

You should not get worried if your work is genuine and you meet all requirements of the experience letter format. Google for the format of the experience letter. May not even call or email, if they get satisfied by your letter and company profile (website, registration etc.)

I hope above information clears your doubts and help your cause. Good Luck