+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry with Beta Thalassemia

monty2176

Apr 30, 2020
Hi
I am Banker having 5 years experience living in Bangladesh. I am a thalassemia mejor ( Beta thalassemia) patient. I need blood transfusion in every 3 week. My iron deposit is low. So I dont need any kind of surgery in near future. Other than that I am at a very healthy state right now and I want to migrating to Canada as a permanent Resident for a better quality of life. I would like to know my chances of in Express Entry.

I have few questions regarding my medical Condition:
1. Am I eligible to receive PR with my existing medical condition?
2. Will I get medical benefits if I get PR? Or I need to pay my own bills?

I have try to communicate with Thallasemia Society of Canada but they did not send me any reply. I have check previous post in this site. But note of those give exact answer. So if you know please do reply. I have also talk with Agents but are not giving me any valuable information. It will be a huge help if you share your experience.

Thanks in advance

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi
I am Banker having 5 years experience living in Bangladesh. I am a thalassemia mejor ( Beta thalassemia) patient. I need blood transfusion in every 3 week. My iron deposit is low. So I dont need any kind of surgery in near future. Other than that I am at a very healthy state right now and I want to migrating to Canada as a permanent Resident for a better quality of life. I would like to know my chances of in Express Entry.

I have try to communicate with Thallasemia Society of Canada but they did not send me any reply. I have check previous post in this site. But note of those give exact answer. So if you know please do reply. I have also talk with Agents but are not giving me any valuable information. It will be a huge help if you share your experience.

Thanks in advance
Hi, PR decision based on your health is in the hands of adjudicating officer. Officer will follow guidelines like your age, your condition, how treatable it is and how burden can you be on Canadian health system

Did you check your CRS score? I would suggest you check that and see if you are eligible for PR

If you get a PR I am sure you will be eligible for medical benefits but I cannot answer about your medical condition

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Thanks in advance
You have a high likelihood of being refused PR due to your medical condition and the burden this will place on the Canadian health care system since you require regular transfusions.

Having said that, you can certainly try applying for PR. You should expect that you will receive a Procedural Fairness Letter after you complete your medical stating that IRCC plans to refuse your application due to your medical condition. You will then have to convince IRCC that that annual costs of your treatment will not exceed $20,000. You will likely want to hire a good lawyer in Canada to help you with this stage.

ahsan_thala

Sep 6, 2021
Hi

Thanks in advance
Hi brother have you got your PR ?? Please update because im also Thalassemia major and seeking to apply for PR soon