+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry with 370 odd points

aryasridhar

Jul 1, 2010
Hello Guys,

Need help/suggestions please.

I plan to apply for PR through EE, however I do realize the recent cut off CRS is upwards of 450.
While I did my assessment on the Immigration website, with me and my wife cutting through up-to 390 at best.

I guess I waited too long to try, I am 38 now and my wife is 37, neither of us have a Masters Degree or siblings/blood relatives or a Job offer at hand to improve our CRS.

Having said that, I did come across some websites, e.g. Alberta & Saskatchewan PNP, where invites were extended to applicants with as low a score as 300 in 2019, as late as Oct 2019.

Wonder if any of you experienced in the process could advise if pursuing a Canadian PR would be fruitful, as in, successful?

I do understand if a state nominates us, we might get 600 additional points added to the overall score.

I am preparing for IELTS & in the process of getting ECA done via WES. I did score 84 off 100 in PTE-A (I know it does not work for Canadian Immigration), however I am hopeful I could score decent in IELTS with preparations.

NOC 0213 (Close to my profile)
NOC 2171 (Close to my wife' Profile)

Appreciate if any inputs on this could be provided please.

Regards
Arya

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I plan to apply for PR through EE, however I do realize the recent cut off CRS is upwards of 450.
While I did my assessment on the Immigration website, with me and my wife cutting through up-to 390 at best.

I guess I waited too long to try, I am 38 now and my wife is 37, neither of us have a Masters Degree or siblings/blood relatives or a Job offer at hand to improve our CRS.

Having said that, I did come across some websites, e.g. Alberta & Saskatchewan PNP, where invites were extended to applicants with as low a score as 300 in 2019, as late as Oct 2019.

Wonder if any of you experienced in the process could advise if pursuing a Canadian PR would be fruitful, as in, successful?

I do understand if a state nominates us, we might get 600 additional points added to the overall score.

I am preparing for IELTS & in the process of getting ECA done via WES. I did score 84 off 100 in PTE-A (I know it does not work for Canadian Immigration), however I am hopeful I could score decent in IELTS with preparations.

Regards
Arya
Your score is definitely too low for Express Entry - yes, your age is working againt you. Looking into the Provincial programs is the right move. You'll need to spend time researching the program details through their websites. Selection can often be based on occupation. Also recommend you dedicate time to reading through the posts in the PNP section of the forum. No short cut to extensive research - apart from hiring an immigration lawyer to do all of the work for you. Good luck.

Reactions: aryasridhar

aryasridhar

Jul 1, 2010
Your score is definitely too low for Express Entry - yes, your age is working againt you. Looking into the Provincial programs is the right move. You'll need to spend time researching the program details through their websites. Selection can often be based on occupation. Also recommend you dedicate time to reading through the posts in the PNP section of the forum. No short cut to extensive research - apart from hiring an immigration lawyer to do all of the work for you. Good luck.
Thank You for taking the time Scylla. Appreciate your inputs.

I’ve so far been looking at AIPP, AINP & SINP & OINP. Delving into details at the moment with with other Provincial Programs as well.

Hopefully, by the time I have my WES done, I may possibly have more insight on the programs.

I’d not like to miss out since age is a big factor here, are you able to help in suggesting a good Immigration Lawyer I could speak to or hire to help my case please?

Thanks & Regards
Arya

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank You for taking the time Scylla. Appreciate your inputs.

I’ve so far been looking at AIPP, AINP & SINP & OINP. Delving into details at the moment with with other Provincial Programs as well.

Hopefully, by the time I have my WES done, I may possibly have more insight on the programs.

I’d not like to miss out since age is a big factor here, are you able to help in suggesting a good Immigration Lawyer I could speak to or hire to help my case please?

Thanks & Regards
Arya
Sorry - never worked with an immigration lawyer and can't recommend one.

This forum is paid for by a well known immigration firm. You could check with them.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hello Guys,

Regards
Arya
We have used immigration services of ‘Ferriera and Koach. You can contact them, very professional.
Best of luck.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Hello Guys,

Regards
Arya
your PTE scores look good.

wud suggest to try for australia simultaneously.

I think you wud get enough points.

hrimbalib

Nov 8, 2019
Hello Guys,

Regards
Arya
Hi,

Had the same issue as my score was 386 with 8 overall score in IELTS. I applied for MANITOBA PNP , more precisely city of Morden, 110 km south of Winnipeg and close to the border with USA. I applied, had been interviewed, been offered exploratory visit chances, visited back in April the town and had the interview in Winnipeg, applied and got the nomination. I got the 600 points and now I stand at 986 points. Dec19 draw gave me the ITA and now I am preparing for CIC application. My story in short . Just FYI , my process started in 2017 when I signed the contract with the immigration company.

Regards

aryasridhar

Jul 1, 2010
Hi,

Had the same issue as my score was 386 with 8 overall score in IELTS. I applied for MANITOBA PNP , more precisely city of Morden, 110 km south of Winnipeg and close to the border with USA. I applied, had been interviewed, been offered exploratory visit chances, visited back in April the town and had the interview in Winnipeg, applied and got the nomination. I got the 600 points and now I stand at 986 points. Dec19 draw gave me the ITA and now I am preparing for CIC application. My story in short . Just FYI , my process started in 2017 when I signed the contract with the immigration company.

Regards
Hey congratulations,

This definitely is motivation to me. Do you mind sharing the immigration company details who worked on your file please?

my email ID is aryasridhar@gmail.com, appreciate you sharing your journey here.

aryasridhar

Jul 1, 2010
your PTE scores look good.

wud suggest to try for australia simultaneously.

I think you wud get enough points.
Hey Mahi,

I’m in the race for that, adding some more points now with my wife’s assessment and IELTS. Will hopefully be at 85 points when I resubmit my application soon as I have the ACS done.

I was keen on Canada, since it is also a gateway to the US (Thinking for my kid’ future perspective, I feel that is a kind of open ground I want to leave them with atleast).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Mahi,

I’m in the race for that, adding some more points now with my wife’s assessment and IELTS. Will hopefully be at 85 points when I resubmit my application soon as I have the ACS done.

I was keen on Canada, since it is also a gateway to the US (Thinking for my kid’ future perspective, I feel that is a kind of open ground I want to leave them with atleast).
For what it's worth, Canada is not as much of a gateway to the US as people seem to think it is. This is largely a misconception.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Hey Mahi,

All d best, in-case you really want to get to Canada, either one of you/spouse can enroll in a masters program.

After that PR wud be much easier, both point wise, as well as various provinces have nomination quota's for their province students.

aryasridhar

Jul 1, 2010
For what it's worth, Canada is not as much of a gateway to the US as people seem to think it is. This is largely a misconception.
Hi Scylla,

could you elaborate as to why it may not be a gateway? I ask since it would help me make a decision please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

could you elaborate as to why it may not be a gateway? I ask since it would help me make a decision please.
There's a misconception that a Canadian and move to the U.S. extremely easily and work there extremely easily. This isn't the case - they are in fact two completely different countries. To move there permanently, a Canadian has to go through the same immigration process as anyone else. There is really no easier path to immigration for Canadians. To work there, a Canadian does potentially have a simplified path to a work permit depending on their occupation - but this doesn't mean it's easy or automatic.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Adding to what Scylla said above let's say you come to Canada and kids get candian citizenship later on. Even that doesn't help to get USA GC faster for your kids in future. As of current rules USA GC processing is tied to place of birth and since you talked about getting a gateway to usa I'm assuming your kid was born outside of USA.

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hello Guys,

Regards
Arya
Go for SINP in demand occupation - Both NOC are in demand.
But I would need to know your education background and work experience in order to calculate the eligibility points.
You need at-least 60 points in order to be eligible to apply.