+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi, my name is Joel george chalakkal.my own sister lives in alberta and she is married. can i claim sibling score due to the fact that she is married?. if yes, i have one more doubt. if i submit her passport as the the proof of relationship, her and my mother's name on our passport is the same. but my father's name on my passport is 'George Joseph' while in her's is George Chalakkal Joseph'. Chalakkal is my last name. so will i encounter any problems because of our difference in father's name in passport?
You can get a "One and the same person affidavit" to declare that though there is a name difference, the name represents the same person. Do a forum search and you'll find a lot of posts talking about this. You can google "One and the same person affidavit" to get a format for this type of letter. Type it out and get it notarized.

Good luck!

sada777

Jul 16, 2021
Hi Team,

I had below questions on Work History.
1) In the Work history section, nowhere its mentioned the number of years of work details we need to enter. Can someone please tell me how many years of work history to be entered in case the work history is more than 15 years.
2) Also, in this field --> "Date a person first became qualified to practice in this occupation" ... I had entered my graduation date (e.g 2003). While creating the profile I had entered work history only from 2021 to 2010. is that fine since I did not enter details of my work history from 2003 to 2010?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Team,

I had below questions on Work History.
1) In the Work history section, nowhere its mentioned the number of years of work details we need to enter. Can someone please tell me how many years of work history to be entered in case the work history is more than 15 years.
2) Also, in this field --> "Date a person first became qualified to practice in this occupation" ... I had entered my graduation date (e.g 2003). While creating the profile I had entered work history only from 2021 to 2010. is that fine since I did not enter details of my work history from 2003 to 2010?
Only enter the job for which you are claiming points for in the work history section. You do not have to enter all of your jobs in the work history section. Save the other jobs for the personal history section.

You can enter "2003" for "Date a person first became qualified to practice in this occupation" if 2003 is when you graduated.

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hi I have worked as an advertising sales executive for 2.5 years and my job title is matching with noc 6411 but my job duties aren’t that but it matches with noc 0601 and noc 1123 so what should I do ?

ysamimo

Jul 20, 2021
Hi guys, I have a question about Express Entry profile.
It would be awesome if anyone knows about these.

- I graduated from 3 year program at canadian college (advanced Diploma)
so for the education section, I chose "Bachelors Degree (three or more year at university, college, trade and technical school,or other institute)"
Did I choose it right? I wanted to get a double check from you guys.

- Since my program was 3 year program, I typed 3 on academic years and typed "2015. sep to 2018. june" when I was making my profile.
But since they're not techically "full" 3 years(it's 2 years and 9 months) , somehow they didn't give me the points for the canadian education section.
Which didn't make sense. In most of canadian colleges , people enter to college in sept and graduate in june so its pretty common that a few months are missing even though its "3 year program". So I had to type Sept for my graduation date so that I can get points, and there was no other ways to solve this problem. Would this be ok ?
im wondering if anyone had the similar issue.

Emeka76

Jul 16, 2021
I think I have a similar issue. I set up my profile and application yesterday and the scores in my profile page is zero for all parameters even though I am 35yrs with a Medical degree (outside Canada) and 3yrs working experience and average of 7 in my IELTS exam. I also got an email that I am eligible. Also I didn't see anywhere I was asked to make any payment. Please how do I progress my application?

jimmyeasy

Jul 21, 2021
Hello All,

Hope everyone is doing safe and fine.

I got my WES completed and for one of the degree it considered as "Canadian equivalency: College-level certificate (one year)", does anyone has information if this can considered while calculation of CRS score.

If yes, in which level and how many points.?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Emeka76

Jul 16, 2021
Please I am new here. I just created my profile for EE yesterday, 20th July and all the details showed 'transmitted' and I go a message congratulations your application has been received. But I immediately got email that I am not eligible. Please how do I re-apply to be such that I am still in the pool? I am 35yrs old and a certified medical doctor with 4 years working experience and I took IELTS last month with an average score of 7.0

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please I am new here. I just created my profile for EE yesterday, 20th July and all the details showed 'transmitted' and I go a message congratulations your application has been received. But I immediately got email that I am not eligible. Please how do I re-apply to be such that I am still in the pool? I am 35yrs old and a certified medical doctor with 4 years working experience and I took IELTS last month with an average score of 7.0
Don’t post the same question over and over. I responded on a different thread and you didn’t respond. Is your NOC a medical doctor? Full IELTS scores. If so, was your degree assessed by the Medical Council of Canada.

Emeka76

Jul 16, 2021
Don’t post the same question over and over. I responded on a different thread and you didn’t respond. Is your NOC a medical doctor? Full IELTS scores. If so, was your degree assessed by the Medical Council of Canada.
Medical doctor is NOC 3112, Speaking 8.0, Reading 6.0, Writing 6.5 and Listening 6.5. Degree not yet assessed. Please how do I ensure am still in the pool?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Medical doctor is NOC 3112, Speaking 8.0, Reading 6.0, Writing 6.5 and Listening 6.5. Degree not yet assessed. Please how do I ensure am still in the pool?
You can't enter the pool until your ECA is completed for your degree. Once your ECA is completed you can submit a profile. IELTS and ECAs are mandatory.