+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows abt quebec pnp. We applied for EE and recieved ITA. But my husband is enrolled for phd in Qc. So since we did not go through the QC PNP, and will be staying in Qc till atleast 2022, will it cause problem for our EE?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows abt quebec pnp. We applied for EE and recieved ITA. But my husband is enrolled for phd in Qc. So since we did not go through the QC PNP, and will be staying in Qc till atleast 2022, will it cause problem for our EE?
Yes. During the processing of your application your husband will receive a request to write a letter of intent in which he must explain and provide proof if any that he intends to reside outside the province of Quebec. If his argument fails to convince the processing officer then his application will be rejected.

If he chooses any city of Quebec as his intended destination in the Post-ITA forms then his application will be cancelled.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Yes. During the processing of your application your husband will receive a request to write a letter of intent in which he must explain and provide proof if any that he intends to reside outside the province of Quebec. If his argument fails to convince the processing officer then his application will be rejected.

If he chooses any city of Quebec as his intended destination in the Post-ITA forms then his application will be cancelled.
How does one prove that they wont stay in qc after the phd program. I mean we cant rent a house elsewhere now or anything like that to prove.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does one prove that they wont stay in qc after the phd program. I mean we cant rent a house elsewhere now or anything like that to prove.
There are quite a few threads from other applicants along with the information they provided to deal with this situation.

Arguments that I can remember: having relatives in other provinces, not being able to speak the French language, no job opportunities for the principal applicant in Quebec, spouse/children living in another province.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
There are quite a few threads from other applicants along with the information they provided to deal with this situation.

Arguments that I can remember: having relatives in other provinces, not being able to speak the French language, no job opportunities for the principal applicant in Quebec, spouse/children living in another province.
I just spoke to the ircc hotline. They told me i will have to decline my ita. Cz apprently staying in qc will be violating rules. He said there are ways around the system but he cant tell me those. I dont know what to do.
We have relatives here and in other provinces. We speak no french.
Is there no way we can make this work? Please help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just spoke to the ircc hotline. They told me i will have to decline my ita. Cz apprently staying in qc will be violating rules. He said there are ways around the system but he cant tell me those. I dont know what to do.
We have relatives here and in other provinces. We speak no french.
Is there no way we can make this work? Please help.
1 - He's an idiot.
2 - You can definitely apply via EE when living in Quebec but like I said if you choose any city in Quebec as your intended destination it will only lead to cancellation of your application.
3 - If you choose any city outside the province of Quebec then simply be prepared to provide a strong argument as to why your intention is to reside somewhere else.
4 - Number 3 does not guarantee that you'll get PR via EE but it does give you a chance to present your case and see what happens.
5 - If you don't want to choose option number 3 then either apply via the Quebec immigration program OR once you're settled somewhere outside the province of Quebec you can try EE.

Virt

Sep 28, 2017
Hi All,

I am completing my application Post ITA and I need assistance.

I applied in 2014 for permanent residency through the paper based application, but was returned due to the fact that my NOC had capped, and they wrote my UCI number in pencil on my form. Now I'm being asked if I have applied for PR before and I answered yes, and they asked for my PR file number and I wasn't given any such number. I am required to fill in the PR file number and UCI number, without which that section will be incomplete except I answer "No" to the question if I have applied for PR before. Please what do you advise I do?

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
1 - He's an idiot.
2 - You can definitely apply via EE when living in Quebec but like I said if you choose any city in Quebec as your intended destination it will only lead to cancellation of your application.
3 - If you choose any city outside the province of Quebec then simply be prepared to provide a strong argument as to why your intention is to reside somewhere else.
4 - Number 3 does not guarantee that you'll get PR via EE but it does give you a chance to present your case and see what happens.
5 - If you don't want to choose option number 3 then either apply via the Quebec immigration program OR once you're settled somewhere outside the province of Quebec you can try EE.
Thanks for the confidence. Really need that now. I feel hopeless. I came across this verdict for a similar cadidate.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2016/2016fc131/2016fc131.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAcaW1taWdyYXRpb24gaW50ZW50IHRvIHJlc2lkZQAAAAAB&resultIndex=11>
Now in that specific case she too was enrolled in phd and had to intent to stay in qc and had given stong reasons. We on the other hand have not the same proof. I am scared that ours will be rejected as well.
We will keep lokking till we find a solution but as a backup we were thinking of applying for the qc skilled program. Since we dont know french our points barely make it up to the bar. And i cant find any step by step guide for the qc program like the EE.
I really dont wanna go back to the place where we arent wanted. Any suggestions anybody? For what could be strong enough reason that will convince the visa officers that we will move out of qc after the phd. Cz they seem to interpret the intended place to stay term differently.

harry_04

Oct 5, 2017
Hi all, I am looking for some assistance in how descriptive the work history needs to be, while completing EE profile?

Basically, I have worked 6 years in a financial firm (2009-2015) doing sales and 2 years (2015-17) in a startup, running operations. I have 2 questions -

1) I am basing my profile on the financial experience NOC (which is clear). But while I worked for 6 years in the same firm, I got promoted twice and hence have 3 titles in total. Do I need to add 3 entries for this 6-year employment period? And hence if I do get ITA later, do I need to show documentary proof of each position or just one letter mentioning entire period and latest position suffice?

2) Should I even add the 2 years in a startup as a work ex entry? Its clear to me its not the same NOC as my primary selected NOC in finance. But does it make sense to add it since it is my most recent occupation? Does it give any additional points? Even if it doesnt, does omitting it mean IRCC might think I am withholding info?

Thanks in advance

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Funnily enough that did work for an applicant who was working in Gatineau, he moved to Ottawa and choose such city as his intended destination.
Ok that sounds like a little hope we might have.
But is there any other way you know that people found way around this problem

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok that sounds like a little hope we might have.
But is there any other way you know that people found way around this problem
There are quite a few ways but like I said, you just have to look for threads in this forum regarding "letter of intent to reside outside the province of Quebec"

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
There are quite a few ways but like I said, you just have to look for threads in this forum regarding "letter of intent to reside outside the province of Quebec"
Thanks. I am looking for them. But nothing too promising yet. I wish the ircc guy was a little more clear abt what could be done rather than saying there are ways around the system. I will keep looking. Thanks. Appreciate it