+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

pasinishi

Apr 27, 2015
Hi

I completed my EE profile and i have received 469 CRS points for it as well. I have all together 3 years work experience and among them is a 1 year experience as a "Management Trainee" in a multi national organization. Even though it's termed as "Trainee" it's actually an executive level position where at the end you will be absorbed as an Assistant Manager. In order to be selected as a Management Trainee you need a Bachelors Degree and this job was Full time and they paid me monthly salary as well. I have put that into my experience and i obtained this points.

My concern is that whether CIC rejects this 1 year as a Management Trainee stating that this is a Vocational Training. But in fact i worked after graduation and this was a full time job.

Any suggestions?

Junkon

Dec 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a question regarding ECA report. I've got an electronic copy of my ECA report yesterday, and a paper copy was sent to me (I expect it to arrive in 20-30 days). Should I wait for paper copy or I can create ee profile now using provided report number?

Thanks

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
DoubleS said:
Firstly, please check if you reach the 67 points needed to qualify for FSW category. Here is the link:

1. Link to CIC

2. I think each of you have be on the others profile as a spouse

3. To get points for a second language, you must take the TEF exam. I doubt a Diplôme de langue française from the Alliance Française would be considered for education points, and given that you have a masters it doesn't matter; it wouldn't get you any more points anyway.

Hope this helps, and in also hope other members will answer your questions.

Good luck!!!!
Thank you so much for the answers! We score 77 points in the FSW category. However, isn't the point system different now in the Express Entry system? For every year above 29 that you're older, you lose 5 points?!! That way my spouse and I score just 402 and 392 points respectively.

For my Q2 ) I wanted to know if CIC wouldn't disqualify us or ban us just because we created 2 profiles? Is it perfectly legal? Thanks a bunch again! :)

nikhillsharma

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Team,

I am Nikhil Sharma, I have applied for FSW 2014, and last month I have received the my file number. Now I would like to know is there any benefit for me if I share or Update in my Express entry profile.

My current score in Express entry is 398,

Regards,
Nikhil Sharma

JHGelbolingo

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver Nominee Office - Inside Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
DoubleS said:
Once he doesn't have an LMIA approved job, he is treated as is he does not have a job, therefore, he has to register with the job bank. This only affects his CRS score and not his eligibility.

Hi..need help..I fill out and submitted EE profile..I got 10 for listening, 7 writing, 7 speaking, 6 reading..work as Assistant Store Manager ( equivalent to Supervisor) from June 2014 till Jan 2015.. got good job offer as Supervisor from other company and work for them from Jan 2015 till present here in BC..I work in an open work permit as spouse, so LMIA is not required..work as Supervisor in philippines for more than 1 year...I got ECA done with bachelor degree..applied BC PNP September 2014..no nomination yet for BC PNP as I need to create EE profile so I can submit the addedum to change it to EE BCPNP..I have a job offer... I have been working for the new company for 4 months plus 7 months from other company...but after I submitted my EE profile on CIC online, i got a result that I am not eligible...Howevr, I put funds available $4000 only...at first I put less 11K when I fill out the come to canada wizard for EE and says I am eligible..but when I enter everything and submit, it tells me not eligible...is it because my funds that got me rejected? or does my work experience in Canada for two company with total of less than 1 year does not qualify? I want to create a profile again, but I am not so sure if I dont get mistake again...How many times we can create a profile for EE?

I cant submit my addendum if I dont have the EE profile number..Please help..what I need to do..

Please need help..

meysam.gh

Apr 22, 2015
Hi Guys

Just a quick question. I read somewhere that you should mention in your profile if you had applied for express entry before. I did apply for express entry once before I get my IELTS results and it was rejected cause I did not meet the minimum requirements. Should I mention this in my new profile?! and if yes do you guys remember which part of the profile was it in? thanks

cheers

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
I am not an IMM expert. Getting pay in lieu of vacation could be a different issue. Exactly what dates did you start and stop this job? Unless it is at least one full year I think you could have a problem. Not a problem if you worked, for example: 1 January to 15 December, took two weeks vacation and received paycheque on 31 December for last day. Where I see trouble is 1 January start date. Equivalence of annual Two Weeks Vacation paid each cheque. Last working day 15 December. A third scenario that might squeak through: 1 January start. 1-15 April two weeks off, 16 April - 31 December paid. Which way did it happen? If your employment shows it was NOT the full year you can try writing cover letter, showing pay in lieu of vacation on pay stubs, and hope that is accepted, but I cannot offer any assurances of how CIC will rule. Do some searches in OP manuals for official directions. All the best.
i went for two months....that is from 1 dec to 1 feb ,but my owner always mentioned vacation pay on every pay cheque ,and do they ask for pay stubs too.?..if yes i have all of them mentioned vacation pay on them...

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
NeelaR said:
Thank you so much for the answers! We score 77 points in the FSW category. However, isn't the point system different now in the Express Entry system? For every year above 29 that you're older, you lose 5 points?!! That way my spouse and I score just 402 and 392 points respectively.

For my Q2 ) I wanted to know if CIC wouldn't disqualify us or ban us just because we created 2 profiles? Is it perfectly legal? Thanks a bunch again! :)
Yes, there is a another point system for Express Entry, however, all applicants still have have to qualify under at least one of the three programmes: FSW, CEC or FST. So to qualify under FSW, you must score 67 or more points in the "Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers".

My personal opinion is that CIC won't care if a married/common law couple decide to create 2 profiles, as long as you provide full and truthful details in both. I suggest you contact CIC and ask them this question. Try calling the call centre:
1-888-242‑2100 (from within Canada)
1 613 944 4000 (from outside Canada)

PrincessIrene02

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2015
Junkon said:
Hi,

I have a question regarding ECA report. I've got an electronic copy of my ECA report yesterday, and a paper copy was sent to me (I expect it to arrive in 20-30 days). Should I wait for paper copy or I can create ee profile now using provided report number?

Thanks
no need to wait for the actual physical report.. you can create your profile using the number provided in the online report..

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts,

Does ECA is compulsary to get the points related to Level of Education ?

I am holding Master's degree in Computer science in India, I submitted EE and got Zero point for Level of Education..

Could you please guide if it is correct or Wrong , and if it is Wrong then what can be done to get the points , please give Full details Step-by-step.

Thanks

lkaur765

May 27, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Dear All,

Is der any wats app group fr the new joiners and learners....

Thnks

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Nikedev said:
Hello Experts,

Does ECA is compulsary to get the points related to Level of Education ?

I am holding Master's degree in Computer science in India, I submitted EE and got Zero point for Level of Education..

Could you please guide if it is correct or Wrong , and if it is Wrong then what can be done to get the points , please give Full details Step-by-step.

Thanks
Yes, ECA is mandatory in order to get points for qualifications/degrees earned outside of Canada. Please visit the following link for more information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Nidsabhi said:
Hi,

Can anyone please give me the format of experience letter?
This website should be helpful:
http://www.fsw2014.info/sample-reference-letter/

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sharma1990 said:
i went for two months....that is from 1 dec to 1 feb ,but my owner always mentioned vacation pay on every pay cheque ,and do they ask for pay stubs too.?..if yes i have all of them mentioned vacation pay on them...
What are your actual dates of employment from start To finish? There is no way CIC will accept that you had paid vacation for two months. You have to count the number of Weeks in which you worked a minimum of 30 hours and that has to add up to 52 Weeks. Write a solid cover letter to explain the vacation pay and how many hours that was equivalent to, and provide the pay stubs for proof. I do not know whether or not they will accept that.
Good luck.