+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
sat_ee said:
Hello All,

I completed my PG degree (MCA) from BHU and UG (BSC cs) from Madras University. And I have 2 years of working experience in Canada

TO enter into EE , Is it mandatory to get ECA for my MCA ? or is it fine to get ECA for UG degree alone ?

Please carify ?
Masters gets you more points.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
GemMcD said:
This is a great help, thanks Yam Power. Can I please ask a few more questions, and if anyone knows the answer that would be great? I am sure the answers are in the forum somewhere but I am finding some of the abbreviations and different situations confusing, so apologies if I am repeating questions...

I am currently on a UK IEC working holiday visa that expires in August, I am just compiling everything I need to set-up my Express Entry profile as a FSW. I should have that all done by the beginning of May. Does anyone know what will happen in the following situations...

- My current visa is due to expire and I have submitted my profile for EE but have not received an ITA? (I presume I just will not be able to work again in Canada until I receive an ITA?)
- My current visa is due to expire, I have been given an ITA, but am in the process of submitting the documents within the 60 days (will I be able to stay working in Canada?)
- My current visa is due to expire, I have been given an ITA, and I have submitted my documents (will I be able to stay and work in Canada whilst residency is processed? Is there such a thing as a bridging visa?)

And finally...
1. If you get an ITA, what information needs to be included on the job letters? If I have worked in that job for 10 years, do I need a letter from every job for the last 10 years?

2. If I get the ITA and ultimately residency, do I have to work doing the job in the same NOC category I applied for the FSW, or can I do anything I want?

Thanking you!
for all your visa questions, you would not be able to stay in Canada untill you get a valid visa or PR card in your hands. Period.

there is nothing called as Bridging visa like they have in Australia.

for Job ques #1, if you had 10 different employers then yes, get the letters from them. If there was only 1 employer and 4-5 different roles, then get the roles and responsibilities on a single letter and the duration.

for Job ques #2, once you get the PR you should be working in the same category in good faith. However, you may chose to find closely matching professions. Getting a PR for a Software Engineer category and then working in KFC, could raise eyebrows and would hamper your chances while getting the citizenship.

DeeptiGupta

Apr 24, 2014
Hello,

What is the NOC for Lecturer/Assistant Professors of Computer Science Department?
Can they come under Computer Programmers (2174)?
I have half of the experience under 2174.

taurushimmat

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
EmmEmm said:
you can edit any number of times. but it takes a couple of days to place your update in CIC's system i.e. takes a couple of days before the status actually changes to Submitted. It would stay as transmitted for sometime
Thank you very much for your response.

ms1221

Apr 19, 2015
Hi! Help please. How do you register at job bank? Is it through Job Match? But they are asking for express entry number and job seeker validation? How do we get these? Hope you can guide me on how to register at job bank. Please..

taurushimmat

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Dear Friends,

I have 10 yrs of experience out of which 2.5 yrs as Chemical Engineer and another 7.5 as Marketing engineer . In FSW there is a category for chemical engineers but i could not find any category for Marketing engineer. Does it mean that I can not apply for express entry on my marketing experience which is 7.5 yrs and could fetch me more score than 2.5 yrs of experience.

Please advise.

awaisikhan

Apr 19, 2015
Hi Dear!

I am a lawyer from Pakistan.

Every thing is set for me:

Just want to clear one thing:

Do i need to have any membership in canada to be eligible to get the points from experience section or not?

Thanks.

chdboy25

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hello All,

Couple of queries,

1. Can we do the PCC before we get an ITA? or after we get an ITA there is some kind of form/documentation which we get from CIC and have to include in PCC- that will mean PCC should be done after we get an ITA

2. Do we require PCC for all family members? I have my parents and 2 sisters-both are married in India. Do I need to get PCC for all of them? none of them is dependent on me. I am not married or have kids- so no dependents.

3. Medical Certificate - can we get the medical certificate in Advance before we get an ITA?

I am asking these things because we get only 60 days after ITA to submit application and sometimes these things can take a lot of time.

thanks

PrincessIrene02

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2015
chdboy25 said:
Hello All,

Couple of queries,

1. Can we do the PCC before we get an ITA? or after we get an ITA there is some kind of form/documentation which we get from CIC and have to include in PCC- that will mean PCC should be done after we get an ITA

2. Do we require PCC for all family members? I have my parents and 2 sisters-both are married in India. Do I need to get PCC for all of them? none of them is dependent on me. I am not married or have kids- so no dependents.

3. Medical Certificate - can we get the medical certificate in Advance before we get an ITA?

I am asking these things because we get only 60 days after ITA to submit application and sometimes these things can take a lot of time.

thanks
good questions...ive been asking the same but no one has really answered..hope someone can help us this time...

mb1122

Mar 24, 2015
Hi,
I have a PGDBM in Marketing from a reputed institute in India and a Bachelor in Management Science. Can anyone advise which is the best ECA agency i should go for?
Thanks!

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
chdboy25 said:
Hello All,

Couple of queries,

you may get the PCC before ITA. PCC should not be more than 3 months before you get the ITA. CIC is aware that FBI PCC from the United States and some other countries may take more time. In that case you should provide a proper proof to CIC that you have initiated the PCC request once you got the ITA. However, depending on your CRS score, you can predict when you are going to get the ITA and time your PCC

only for those who are accompanying you. In your case, PCC would just be for you.

I would advise to wait for the ITA before you go for the Medical exam. There is a UMI number that gets generated when you go for an upfront Medical exam from the panel of doctors chosen by CIC. Your medical report is transmitted directly to CIC with the UMI number. CIC may ignore your medical report if they do not see an ITA issued to you.

thanks
Answers inline. HTH

snavneet

Dec 7, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-May-2014
Nomination.....
30-Sept-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
22-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
Hi

We had applied last year under FSW .By God's blessings n with the help of the forum members we have received our PR.

This year my brother n his wife want to apply under EE.
My brothers wife will be the main applicant . Her aunt is a permanent resident of canada.

I wanted to know can she avail any points in Comprehensive Ranking System if she proves her relation with her aunt .

TIA

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Application Sent : October 27 2014
Application Received : October 30 2014
Payment Method : DD
Application Returned : April 16 2015

I'm planning to apply for Express Entry under a different NOC.
Does CIC store the info I had sent earlier in it's database, as I'd like to omit some info.

Any guidance is appreciated in advance :)

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
snavneet said:
Hi

We had applied last year under FSW .By God's blessings n with the help of the forum members we have received our PR.

This year my brother n his wife want to apply under EE.
My brothers wife will be the main applicant . Her aunt is a permanent resident of canada.

I wanted to know can she avail any points in Comprehensive Ranking System if she proves her relation with her aunt .

TIA
yes she will get the points if you are able to prove the relationship. it goes to extent of matching the birth certificates of your aunt and then the mother/father of your spouse.