+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry : Same sex couple in illegal country (applying under common law partner)

Unkown-lover

Nov 13, 2021
Hello, I have some questions regarding me and my same-sex partner.
We have been together for over 3 years now and I've been living with him and his parents for one year now as a friend in complete secrecy. unfortunately, we live in a country where it is illegal. we thus want to immigrate together to Canada through express entry.

All the official fees such as Water, electricity etc.. are paid by his parents. However, we do have plenty of pictures during this last year at my house that clearly shows that we are a couple and have lived in the same house for a while. we can also provide the IMM5409 and notarise it online, letters from friends and one from his mom confirming that I have been staying with them and contributed to the house by buying food and decorations,we have 2 bills at different dates with my name on them with the adresse of my partner,and i can create a bank account with his address on it (i am the principle requirements) ,and a letter explaining the whole situation. Some of the information mentioned above is really complicated to acquire because of the secrecy of our relationship along with our country's law and religion, but we still can provide them.

After some research, i found that they can still consider a conjugal relation as a common low partner if there are reasons that they couldn't live together because of laws and religions which is clearly our situation but we still cohabitated in fear even though the risks are high.
I am 25 years old and my partner is 21 years,i am eligible to express entry , but he is still in his last bachelor year so he is waiting to finish it in order to ask for its equivalence.

1- With the information provided above, are we able to apply together through entry express as common law partners ?
2- If yes, Will they take into consideration that we managed to get some information even though it is really complicated and risky for us ? are these prove enough ? and what other information could we provide in your opinions?
3- Can it be a refusal motive that we will NOT put in our express entry portal that my partner has an education or language proof? ( as we're waiting for him to finish his 3rd university year and get his Licence to do his equivalence). And can we add this in an explanation letter to mention that he has a degree and does speak french.
4- If by misfortune we fail to prove our common law status. and i decide to carry on alone, will i simply mention that i am going without him and continue alone ? or will i have to start from scratch and recreate an express entry account alone and wait again for an extraction or provincial nomination ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I have some questions regarding me and my same-sex partner.
We have been together for over 3 years now and I've been living with him and his parents for one year now as a friend in complete secrecy. unfortunately, we live in a country where it is illegal. we thus want to immigrate together to Canada through express entry.

All the official fees such as Water, electricity etc.. are paid by his parents. However, we do have plenty of pictures during this last year at my house that clearly shows that we are a couple and have lived in the same house for a while. we can also provide the IMM5409 and notarise it online, letters from friends and one from his mom confirming that I have been staying with them and contributed to the house by buying food and decorations,we have 2 bills at different dates with my name on them with the adresse of my partner,and i can create a bank account with his address on it (i am the principle requirements) ,and a letter explaining the whole situation. Some of the information mentioned above is really complicated to acquire because of the secrecy of our relationship along with our country's law and religion, but we still can provide them.

After some research, i found that they can still consider a conjugal relation as a common low partner if there are reasons that they couldn't live together because of laws and religions which is clearly our situation but we still cohabitated in fear even though the risks are high.
I am 25 years old and my partner is 21 years,i am eligible to express entry , but he is still in his last bachelor year so he is waiting to finish it in order to ask for its equivalence.

1- With the information provided above, are we able to apply together through entry express as common law partners ?
2- If yes, Will they take into consideration that we managed to get some information even though it is really complicated and risky for us ? are these prove enough ? and what other information could we provide in your opinions?
3- Can it be a refusal motive that we will NOT put in our express entry portal that my partner has an education or language proof? ( as we're waiting for him to finish his 3rd university year and get his Licence to do his equivalence). And can we add this in an explanation letter to mention that he has a degree and does speak french.
4- If by misfortune we fail to prove our common law status. and i decide to carry on alone, will i simply mention that i am going without him and continue alone ? or will i have to start from scratch and recreate an express entry account alone and wait again for an extraction or provincial nomination ?
1- You can certainly try.
2- None of us here can tell you whether your evidence will be enough to convince the visa officer you are common law. This decision will be up to the visa officer who processes your application. Unfortunately photos do not prove you are common law or that you are living at the same address. The best and strongest proof is evidence such as bank accounts, employment records, school records and other documents that show you have the same address. The letters from your family members / friends are also a good idea.
3- I'm not sure that I understand this question. Your partner cannot claim they have a bachelor degree until they actually finish that degree.
4- If the visa officer does not feel you have enough evidence to prove you are common law partners, then IRCC will drop your partner from the application and will move the application forward with you as a single applicant.