+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Quebec residence

manhhieu2001

Aug 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just got ITA from Express Entry and I am living in Quebec. I want to continue leaving in Quebec after getting my PR.
Is there anyone did the same thing like me and successfully got citizenship afterwards?

Many thanks for your help.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just got ITA from Express Entry and I am living in Quebec. I want to continue leaving in Quebec after getting my PR.
Is there anyone did the same thing like me and successfully got citizenship afterwards?

Aren't you able to get an Arrima invitation? I would go that way....
That said, I don't think there'll be any problem with citizenship, the only problem is that they may reject your PR application if you don't move out of quebec. They'll consider that fact before they give you the PR and if you do not move out or at least show signs that you want to move out you may be wasting your money in that application.

Reactions: scylla

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone,

Read this advice from a lawyer: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/settling-in-quebec-as-fsw-o.778899/post-10234661

With that being said, Quebec is trying to change a lot of things (none of which impacts your citizenship though). Interpret what Legalfalcon says and then proceed ahead. For FSW, you might need to prove that you've intentions to settle outside of Quebec to get your eCoPR, make sure that's covered.

manhhieu2001

Aug 26, 2023
Thanks all for your feedback. What i am expecting is the real experience of smb who actually settled in Quebec after getting PR through Express Entry. Hope smb can help me on this matter.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks all for your feedback. What i am expecting is the real experience of smb who actually settled in Quebec after getting PR through Express Entry. Hope smb can help me on this matter.
I doubt anyone who fits that criteria will find that post of yours. Feel free to browse the forum for past threads.