+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE SCORE MISCACULTION.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm actually on PGWP and haven't left Canada for 4 years. I think have both PGWP and LMIA-exempt job offer
You cannot have both. You are on a PGWP which is not a LMIA exemption under the links provided. You say you have LMIA exempt job offer, so your employer would have filed and been approved for one. You would have a LMIA exempt number so get that from your employer. You need a LMIA exemption from your employer and then on the LMIA exemption you need one year of Canadian work experience to count the 50 points. Depending on your NOC and/or whether Canada/Vietnam have a FTA with a job agreement listing your NOC, I don’t know if your job is eligible.

So unless you got the LMIA exemption approved a year ago, you cannot count 50 points.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

NhanT

Apr 3, 2023
You cannot have both. You are on a PGWP which is not a LMIA exemption under the links provided. You say you have LMIA exempt job offer, so your employer would have filed and been approved for one. You would have a LMIA exempt number so get that from your employer. You need a LMIA exemption from your employer and then on the LMIA exemption you need one year of Canadian work experience to count the 50 points. Depending on your NOC and/or whether Canada/Vietnam have a FTA with a job agreement listing your NOC, I don’t know if your job is eligible.

So unless you got the LMIA exemption approved a year ago, you cannot count 50 points.
ok thank you. I will check with my employer. Finger crossed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So to claim the 50 points, you need to show you have been on your LMIA exempt permit working for one year on the job in Canada. Your employer would have filed for the LMIA exemption a long time ago. If you were on a PGWP then you were not on a LMIA exemption. You would have the file number and paperwork so hopefully they filed it over a year ago. Good luck.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm actually on PGWP and haven't left Canada for 4 years. I have both PGWP and LMIA-exempt job offer
The LMIA-exempt job offer doesn't help you at all for Express Entry. Zero help. No points for this.

Read my post again above that tells you the requirements you need to meet to claim the 50 points.

Either you need the approved LMIA - or you need to switch to an LMIA exempt closed work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are on a PGWP, there is nothing to check. You don't have a job offer that allows you to claim 50 points under EE.

What does your work permit say?

This is really straight forward. You seem to be making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Either you are on a PGWP (open work permit) or you are on a closed work permit which lists your employer. It's not both.