omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
Not true. PCC from PSK is acceptable.

Here is what CIC says:

If you are inside India and a citizen:-

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

If you are citizen and live outside India:-
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.
It says you need to apply at your local district police station and not PSK.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you.

1) Could you please tell me what PSK is? I am an Indian citizen residing in the U.S.
Passport Seva Kendra. PCC from PSK is very well accepted. I have done it myself and know people who have done the same and got PR cards.

2) For proof of funds, I see that I need to have around $11,500 Canadian just for myself. I don't have this money at this point. So, if I need to show a running balance for 6 months or so, I will probably not be able to do it. However, I will start saving money from this month and will for sure have around $12,000 Canadian in a few months' time.
You should definitely maintain the balance. Though CIC does not ask for bank statement, they do ask for average daily balance. Your bank may be able to issue the avg daily balance only if you maintain it on each closing day. Alternatively, you will end up maintaining a very high balance and officer may take that as a borrowed money. Remember, along with avg daily balance, cic will ask for closing balance as on date.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omsaiom said:
It says you need to apply at your local district police station and not PSK.
it says you 'can', not you 'must'

if you look delhi, they say PSK aswell.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
it says you 'can', not you 'must'

if you look delhi, they say PSK aswell.
You may be right? but I am still not confident on it. So it completely depends on where you want to apply.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Sorry, I am a bit confused now. I am only here in India for 1 more week. So,

1) Does PSK apply to my scenario?

2) Is it better to apply for PCC from within the U.S.?

3) If applying from the U.S., will I be able to get my PCC within the 60 day period?

4) For avg daily balance, how long should I have the money for? and does every day have to be at least $11,000 CAD?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:

3) If applying from the U.S., will I be able to get my PCC within the 60 day period?

4) For avg daily balance, how long should I have the money for? and does every day have to be at least $11,000 CAD?
You might not get it done within a week. Check it with your local PS and see if they can provide it to you within a week.

If you apply from US, you can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate. I am not sure of timeline.

The whole point of having average is to ascertain that their are no loans taken by you in order to meet the minimum POF. The deviance should not be such that the officer is forced to believe that you took a loan. If you have any large deposits in last six months than you will have to prove that those funds are not loan. If your average is not fluctuating a lot, than you should have no problem.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
prasanna1157 said:

Yes, you can visit PSK (appointment based visit -http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink). Show them urgency that you need immediately. Take EE application submission confirmation if it reads that you should start collecting PCC's. You will avoid going through the hassle of getting PCC while in US. If they say it will take some time for police verification, then tell them you need to travel and do not leave passport with them - in this case you apply from US. You lose 500 INR here if same day PCC is not issued.

If your police verification is done while getting the passport, PSK officer may issue the PCC quoting the same police verification. This happened to me also. Remember, if you convince them that you need it the same day, they will issue PCC across the counter. For PCC at PSK, the queue token issued is fast moving - at max 1 hour and you are out with PCC.

No idea.

You can do this calculation buddy. Avg and not daily.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you very much.

I just need to know if I need to upload a statement from the bank when applying? If so, over how many months does the bank issue that statement? Because I have seen instances where they request statements with average balance over 6 months, or sometimes 3 months.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Because if it's just a bank statement showing the current balance as of that date, then I can slowly start saving and get to that $11,000 CAD in 4-5 months time and get a statement from the bank with the balance on say, May 1, 2016.

But if I need to do an avg balance, then I will only have $1000 next month, $2,000 the month after and so on. So my avg balance will not meet the $11,000 CAD requirement.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bank will calculate the average monthly balance by adding together each daily closing account balance throughout the month. The bank divides the sum of daily account balances by number of days in month. For instance, the sum of your daily account balance is $1345 which is divided by 30 to give average for that month.

CIC would like to see this for each month and if the average fluctuates way too much, they would want to know the reason.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Because if it's just a bank statement showing the current balance as of that date, then I can slowly start saving and get to that $11,000 CAD in 4-5 months time and get a statement from the bank with the balance on say, May 1, 2016.

But if I need to do an avg balance, then I will only have $1000 next month, $2,000 the month after and so on. So my avg balance will not meet the $11,000 CAD requirement.
refer my above post on how they calculate average balance. It is not a requirement to maintain 11000 each month. The whole purpose is to know what's happening with your account. So if you add small amounts, you will fine.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you everyone. Sorry for the confusion about the balance. To be clear, let me summarise here:

1) I currently have a balance of 1200 CAD

2) I aim to save appx 1800 CAD starting this month.

Do you think I'll be fine? I will probably be ready to submit my EE profile in 1 month from now.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you everyone. Sorry for the confusion about the balance. To be clear, let me summarise here:

1) I currently have a balance of 1200 CAD

2) I aim to save appx 1800 CAD starting this month.

Do you think I'll be fine? I will probably be ready to submit my EE profile in 1 month from now.
Yes you should be. Is this your salary account? How long have you been operating this account?

Another thing CIC asks if the date of opening the bank account. I am not sure on why they would want this but again it could just to make sure that applicant didn't just opened an account and dumped huge money just to meet minimum POF.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
This is one of my salary accounts. I have my salary going to 3 different accounts, but the money in other accounts are all used up by the end of the month. This is the only account where I will have money saved.

1) This account was opened in May 2015.

2) I will have part of my salary coming in to this account. So, I will get around 2400 CAD every month in this account out of which I will spend 500-600 each month and leave around 1800 CAD in the account.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
This is one of my salary accounts. I have my salary going to 3 different accounts, but the money in other accounts are all used up by the end of the month. This is the only account where I will have money saved.

1) This account was opened in May 2015.

2) I will have part of my salary coming in to this account. So, I will get around 2400 CAD every month in this account out of which I will spend 500-600 each month and leave around 1800 CAD in the account.
I think you should be fine. good luck.