+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Questions

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen on a H1-B visa in the U.S. I want to apply for Canadian PR. I have an undergraduate degree from India and a Master's degree from the U.S.

I am looking to submit an EE profile to get things started for my PR application. I have been following other threads on this forum - like this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html - and I understand that I need to take the language test and also get my educational transcripts evaluated before I can submit my profile.

However, I have started filling out my profile on the CIC Web site, and I am able to select "No" for language test taken and I was also able to get to the "Your Declaration and Electronic Signature"page. I don't see any page where I can upload my test scores or my educational evaluation before I submit my EE profile. I am not sure if I can submit my profile now and then take the test or is the page that I am seeing not the "Submission" page?

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
IF you want to create your profile, you need to take the test first, do assessment to your education degrees and then apply.

you can start by checking your approx points on CRS tool calculator...

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen on a H1-B visa in the U.S. I want to apply for Canadian PR. I have an undergraduate degree from India and a Master's degree from the U.S.

I am looking to submit an EE profile to get things started for my PR application. I have been following other threads on this forum - like this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html - and I understand that I need to take the language test and also get my educational transcripts evaluated before I can submit my profile.

However, I have started filling out my profile on the CIC Web site, and I am able to select "No" for language test taken and I was also able to get to the "Your Declaration and Electronic Signature"page. I don't see any page where I can upload my test scores or my educational evaluation before I submit my EE profile. I am not sure if I can submit my profile now and then take the test or is the page that I am seeing not the "Submission" page?
Eca and ielts are kind of mandatory to create express entry profile. So your first step should be get your masters degree assessed and take the language test.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you, crazydesifool and stAnger!

OK, I'll take the test first and also prepare to get my degree evaluated. But, how do I upload the ECA to the site? Like I'd mentioned in my original post, I don't see any place where I can upload anything.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
you will have to upload documents when you will get an ITA, until then you should mention the document numbers on both ECA and Language test when creating a profile..

Let me give you an overview.

1. Search CRS tool on google, you will be directed to CIC website, calculate your score there.. when it comes to language test, give an approx score depending on your language command.

2. Write language test, do assessment of education credentials.

3. Create your profile, but before this, make sure you have minimum score required to be invited in draws. If you don't have the required score, see if you can apply through PNP. Also, try making your score better too..

Overall, it's a lengthy process but if you're firm in your goals, it would be a cake walk.

Hope it helps.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you, crazydesifool. Here's what I found:

1) Did the CRS calculation. My score (after I get my ECA and IELTS done) will be anywhere from 469 to 481 depending on my IELTS score. What chance do I have of getting through? Also, do all candidates above the designated cut-off get ITA?

2) I looked at IELTS test dates and started collected documents for ECA. I have a Bachelor's from India and Master's from the U.S.. It's going to take a long time for me to get my undergraduate transcripts from India, but I can get my Master's transcripts quickly and get it evaluated. Is it enough if I did my Master's? I will continue to work on my UG transcripts but it won't be available until after I submit my profile.

3) I tried creating a profile now to see what I will need, but I don't see anywhere to upload my documents or to enter document number for ECA; although I see fields to enter actual IELTS scores. Am I missing something?

4) Is this where I enter the document number for my IELTS test? - "Language test result form or certificate number (see help button for Language test taken"

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

If you have Master's degree than only Master's degree ECA is required. That is what I am following right now.

Best Regards,
Omsaiom

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you, crazydesifool. Here's what I found:

1) Did the CRS calculation. My score (after I get my ECA and IELTS done) will be anywhere from 469 to 481 depending on my IELTS score. What chance do I have of getting through? Also, do all candidates above the designated cut-off get ITA?

2) I looked at IELTS test dates and started collected documents for ECA. I have a Bachelor's from India and Master's from the U.S.. It's going to take a long time for me to get my undergraduate transcripts from India, but I can get my Master's transcripts quickly and get it evaluated. Is it enough if I did my Master's? I will continue to work on my UG transcripts but it won't be available until after I submit my profile.

3) I tried creating a profile now to see what I will need, but I don't see anywhere to upload my documents or to enter document number for ECA; although I see fields to enter actual IELTS scores. Am I missing something?

4) Is this where I enter the document number for my IELTS test? - "Language test result form or certificate number (see help button for Language test taken"
With 481 quite high. With 469 fairly high in next few draws.

Yes only masters will be sufficient.

You should be able to fill ECA details in education section. Say yes to question where it states have to assessed your degree etc etc. Wait for the form to load and you will see place to add eca number.

Document upload is post ITA

Yes thats where you enter the certificate number.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you very much. A few more questions :)

1) Once I submit my profile, how long before my profile gets placed in the pool if I qualify?

2) Does everybody above that cut-off in the pool get invited regardless of how long they've been in the pool? And how many days after the draw do they send out ITA?

3) I see that I will need Police Clearance Certificate from both India and the U.S. I saw on the CIC site that I need to apply at the embassy/consulate if I am not an Indian resident. But because I am currently in India, can I visit the district police station here and request one? Or do I need to do it only from the U.S.? Will it be too early if I did so now?

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
prasanna1157 said:

1) Once I submit my profile, how long before my profile gets placed in the pool if I qualify?
Once submitted, you will need to register in the job pool - you will get to know about it immediately after submission. Keep tracking your account in My CIC. Post job bank registration, profile will be active and may get picked up in the next draw

2) Does everybody above that cut-off in the pool get invited regardless of how long they've been in the pool? And how many days after the draw do they send out ITA?
Yes. Immediately after the draw you will get an email stating your profile has been updated. If you visit My CIC, you will see ITA letter

3) I see that I will need Police Clearance Certificate from both India and the U.S. I saw on the CIC site that I need to apply at the embassy/consulate if I am not an Indian resident. But because I am currently in India, can I visit the district police station here and request one? Or do I need to do it only from the U.S.? Will it be too early if I did so now?
If you are in a city where PSK is present, it is simple registration (carry ITA) and same day (or max in a week) you will get India PCC. For US PCC, I dont know the process. You have sufficient time post ITA so you can wait and keep other docs ready

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you.

1) Could you please tell me what PSK is? I am an Indian citizen residing in the U.S.

2) For proof of funds, I see that I need to have around $11,500 Canadian just for myself. I don't have this money at this point. So, if I need to show a running balance for 6 months or so, I will probably not be able to do it. However, I will start saving money from this month and will for sure have around $12,000 Canadian in a few months' time.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:

1) Immediately
2) Yes, within 24 hours
3) If you leave country (permanently) than you need to have police clearance dated after that date. If you are only visiting India for some time better to have it done from US itself as you will be giving US address for all the communication. Hence you are US resident thus apply from US for Indian Police clearance. For the countries in which you have resided before and left permanently, police clearance is valid if it is of the date after you left the country irrespective how before it was issued. For your present residing country, police clearance should not be more than 6 months old.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you.

1) Could you please tell me what PSK is? I am an Indian citizen residing in the U.S.

2) For proof of funds, I see that I need to have around $11,500 Canadian just for myself. I don't have this money at this point. So, if I need to show a running balance for 6 months or so, I will probably not be able to do it. However, I will start saving money from this month and will for sure have around $12,000 Canadian in a few months' time.
PCC from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) is not valid, it should be issued through your regional Police station.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omsaiom said:
PCC from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) is not valid, it should be issued through your regional Police station.
Not true. PCC from PSK is acceptable.

Here is what CIC says:

If you are inside India and a citizen:-

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

If you are citizen and live outside India:-
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.