+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile ineligible seconds after submitting.

PhadkeShr

Apr 24, 2023
Hi,
I tried making my Express Entry profile and the minute I submitted it, I got a message that I am not eligible. When I did the questionnaire before, it said that I was eligible. I have the IELTS score which I took in February this year and I have put the required funds. I am in TEER 3 job and have put the code that matches my job of Elementary and Secondary school teacher assistant. I have more than a year experience. I have also put my work experience of 3 years from India where I worked in a school as a special educator. The NOC code of India is different than the one I have here. I hope this is OK?
I have my Masters from UBC so have put that as well under study experience along with my previous degrees.

I am applying for my spouse as well and we have the WES for his degree. I tried twice and have two different application numbers..are they my Express Entry profile numbers as well? I'm asking because there is question on this as well where they ask me have I applied to EE before?

Can someone please guide me on this! When I calculated my CRS before, it's coming to 530 but I'm getting profile ineligible message the moment I try to submit it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Shruti

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I tried making my Express Entry profile and the minute I submitted it, I got a message that I am not eligible. When I did the questionnaire before, it said that I was eligible. I have the IELTS score which I took in February this year and I have put the required funds. I am in TEER 3 job and have put the code that matches my job of Elementary and Secondary school teacher assistant. I have more than a year experience. I have also put my work experience of 3 years from India where I worked in a school as a special educator. The NOC code of India is different than the one I have here. I hope this is OK?
I have my Masters from UBC so have put that as well under study experience along with my previous degrees.

I am applying for my spouse as well and we have the WES for his degree. I tried twice and have two different application numbers..are they my Express Entry profile numbers as well? I'm asking because there is question on this as well where they ask me have I applied to EE before?

Can someone please guide me on this! When I calculated my CRS before, it's coming to 530 but I'm getting profile ineligible message the moment I try to submit it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Shruti
Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in the NOC you selected as your primary NOC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I have. I have been working in the NOC category continuously for more than a year now.
Is that after you graduated and while on a PGWP or are you including any work experience before you applied for a PGWP?

Do you know for sure that you have at least 67 points under the FSW point system?

Have you reviewed all questions carefully (re-read them) and also your answers to make sure you are answering correctly? We see many people here make small mistakes in their profiles that render their profiles ineligible.

Are you counting the 50 job offer points? If so, I assume you have an approved LMIA from your employer?

PhadkeShr

Apr 24, 2023
Is that after you graduated and while on a PGWP or are you including any work experience before you applied for a PGWP?

Do you know for sure that you have at least 67 points under the FSW point system?

Have you reviewed all questions carefully (re-read them) and also your answers to make sure you are answering correctly? We see many people here make small mistakes in their profiles that render their profiles ineligible.

Are you counting the 50 job offer points? If so, I assume you have an approved LMIA from your employer?
I haven't included any work experience while I was studying or when I was on a study permit. I have included 1 year continuous work experience after I graduated and while I am on my PGWP.

I have more than 90 points under FSW.

I'm on open work permit (PGWP) so Iam exempt from LMIA. Yes, I'm counting my 50 points from my current job which is under TEER 3.

Im wondering if it's a technical glitch? As my NOC code is newly added profession? TEER 3 teacher assistant wasn't eligible before but now it is and I come under that. I am not sure, just asking here as I am really not sure what's happening with my application!
I will also go through all the questions again.. When I do that, what do I write under "have you previously applied for EE?" Im not sure of my application number is my EE profile number as I don't have any profile submitted so far!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I haven't included any work experience while I was studying or when I was on a study permit. I have included 1 year continuous work experience after I graduated and while I am on my PGWP.

I have more than 90 points under FSW.

I'm on open work permit (PGWP) so Iam exempt from LMIA. Yes, I'm counting my 50 points from my current job which is under TEER 3.

Im wondering if it's a technical glitch? As my NOC code is newly added profession? TEER 3 teacher assistant wasn't eligible before but now it is and I come under that. I am not sure, just asking here as I am really not sure what's happening with my application!
I will also go through all the questions again.. When I do that, what do I write under "have you previously applied for EE?" Im not sure of my application number is my EE profile number as I don't have any profile submitted so far!
You cannot count the 50 points for having a job offer unless your employer gets an approved LMIA. Yes, you are LMIA exempt. However for the purposes of EE, you can only count points for having a job offer in an LMIA exempt situation if you are on a closed work permit with your employer named on the work permit (e.g. ICT). So you do not qualify for the 50 points unless your employer gets the approved LMIA. You should say "no" to the job offer question in your EE profile.

However the above should not stop your EE profile from being accepted. There is no technical glitch. You have answered one or more questions incorrectly and this is why your profile is showing as ineligible. I would recommend you read through all of the questions and your responses again very carefully. If you really can't find the error you have made, then you'll have to post the questions here with your responses so that we can try to help you find your error.

PhadkeShr

Apr 24, 2023
You cannot count the 50 points for having a job offer unless your employer gets an approved LMIA. Yes, you are LMIA exempt. However for the purposes of EE, you can only count points for having a job offer in an LMIA exempt situation if you are on a closed work permit with your employer named on the work permit (e.g. ICT). So you do not qualify for the 50 points unless your employer gets the approved LMIA. You should say "no" to the job offer question in your EE profile.

However the above should not stop your EE profile from being accepted. There is no technical glitch. You have answered one or more questions incorrectly and this is why your profile is showing as ineligible. I would recommend you read through all of the questions and your responses again very carefully. If you really can't find the error you have made, then you'll have to post the questions here with your responses so that we can try to help you find your error.
Okay. That's something I didn't know. I will rectify the LMIA entry.

Okay. This is new information as I didn't know about it. I will rectify this...if it still doesn't work, I will get back here. Thank you so much!

khushboo1692

Aug 12, 2021
Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in the NOC you selected as your primary NOC?
What if we do not have 1 year experience in the primary NOC that we have selected? Like I changed my field from what I was doing in my home country. Although I do have 6 years of experience back in my home country and did 2 PG courses in Canada? Because it happened with me too that I got the message that my profile is ineligible after I submitted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if we do not have 1 year experience in the primary NOC that we have selected? Like I changed my field from what I was doing in my home country. Although I do have 6 years of experience back in my home country and did 2 PG courses in Canada? Because it happened with me too that I got the message that my profile is ineligible after I submitted.
Are you applying under FSW or CEC?

akmittal1254

Nov 23, 2023
Hi,
I am trying to submit my express entry profile. I am working for IBM in calgary since June 2023. I want to apply under FSW. My profile is being flagged as ineligible within seconds after I submit it. After carefully going through all questions - i have a doubt here. For below questions - I was answering as NO to both.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

But when I check my work permit (closed), it has given LMIA number like this:

LMIA or Exempt No. A08XXXXXX

It is not specified whether above is LMIA number or Exempt number.

Should I answer second question (Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?) as YES ?

Please help.

Feb 2, 2024
Hi,

Thanks,
Shruti
Hello I am in the same situation could you find the solution ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I am in the same situation could you find the solution ?
You have answered one or more questions incorrectly in your EE profile. You need to review all of the questions and your answers again.