+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry profile for skilled professionals and ITA

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
Hello All,

As I was informed, after the express entry profile is submitted to the pool of skilled workers and after the CRS score is calculated all that a candidate can do is wait till he or she receives their invitation to apply (ITA). If this much is correct, can someone please help me learn about ITA and where can an aspirant find out about whether he or she is going to get an ITA or not. Although, the CIC portal website has a lot of information available for interested parties there is still much which is imperative but not available. The express entry draws for the current and previous years are not explicitly and clearly available on not just the CIC website but on a number of other blogs and websites made available across internet.

Another development it seems towards the draws commencing for express entry profiles have either reduced since December 2018 or have been made inaccessible to those who are interested it seems. So if you or anyone has the unlisted link or knows about the express entry draws before or since 23rd December 2018, please help out. To find out that before 2018 the country was sending ITA's every second month to now making it available only once a year is not something normal since 23rd December 2018 obviously.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

As I was informed, after the express entry profile is submitted to the pool of skilled workers and after the CRS score is calculated all that a candidate can do is wait till he or she receives their invitation to apply (ITA). If this much is correct, can someone please help me learn about ITA and where can an aspirant find out about whether he or she is going to get an ITA or not. Although, the CIC portal website has a lot of information available for interested parties there is still much which is imperative but not available. The express entry draws for the current and previous years are not explicitly and clearly available on not just the CIC website but on a number of other blogs and websites made available across internet.

Another development it seems towards the draws commencing for express entry profiles have either reduced since December 2018 or have been made inaccessible to those who are interested it seems. So if you or anyone has the unlisted link or knows about the express entry draws before or since 23rd December 2018, please help out. To find out that before 2018 the country was sending ITA's every second month to now making it available only once a year is not something normal since 23rd December 2018 obviously.

Thanks
Whether you are going to be selected depends on your points. How many points to do you have?

Express Entry draws for the current and previous years are in fact explicitly and clearly available. They are published by IRCC on their site and easily accessible to anyone who needs them. You don't need an "unlisted" link. Just go to the government website. The information is all there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
Whether you are going to be selected depends on your points. How many points to do you have?

Express Entry draws for the current and previous years are in fact explicitly and clearly available. They are published by IRCC on their site and easily accessible to anyone who needs them. You don't need an "unlisted" link. Just go to the government website. The information is all there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html
Thanks for the information but I still need the "unlisted link" to find out about express entry application details because the above "link" does not carry explicit and clear information about express entry intakes. In fact, if you can help me know for sure whether there the Canadian government has stopped Express Entry intakes for all citizens of India (with or without any instructional changes made after 2017) that'll be kind.
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the information but I still need the "unlisted link" to find out about express entry application details because the above "link" does not carry explicit and clear information about express entry intakes. In fact, if you can help me know for sure whether there the Canadian government has stopped Express Entry intakes for all citizens of India (with or without any instructional changes made after 2017) that'll be kind.
Thanks.
What is an “unlisted link”. That is the link. Express Entry draws are done throughout the year. There hasn’t been a FSW or open draw in a year due to covid. There have been CEC and PNP draws for those working in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks.
I have no idea what you mean by explicit and clear information about Express Entry intakes. Exactly what information are you looking for?

The IRCC link provides the details for all historical Express Entry draws dating back to 2015 when the program first started.

There are no specific rules for citizens of India. All applicants are treated the same regardless of which country they are from. Whether someone is selected or not is entirely based on points. There are tons of Indian applicants on this forum who have received ITA after 2017.

The last FSW draw under Express Entry was December 2020. We do not know if / when the FSW draws will restart.

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
What is an “unlisted link”. That is the link. Express Entry draws are done throughout the year. There hasn’t been a FSW or open draw in a year due to covid. There have been CEC and PNP draws for those working in Canada.
What do you mean by the "What is an "unlisted link". That is the link." if you are helpful because this is unclear.

Also, when you say "There hasn’t been a FSW or open draw in a year due to covid. There have been CEC and PNP draws for those working in Canada." you mean FSW and/or a open draw are not express entry draws ? If not, what's the difference between express entry draw, FSW draw and open draw if you can help ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What do you mean by the "What is an "unlisted link". That is the link." if you are helpful because this is unclear.

Also, when you say "There hasn’t been a FSW or open draw in a year due to covid. There have been CEC and PNP draws for those working in Canada." you mean FSW and/or a open draw are not express entry draws ? If not, what's the difference between express entry draw, FSW draw and open draw if you can help ?
- Yes, there have beeen CEC and PNP draws this year through Express Entry.
- PNP is not limited to those working in Canada. People can recieve PNP nominations without being in Canada / working in Canada.
- FSW is still part of Express Entry. However there have been no draws that include FSW since Dec 2020.
- I still do not understand what link you are asking for. This is very unclear. All of the historical draw details are on the IRCC web site.

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
I have no idea what you mean by explicit and clear information about Express Entry intakes. Exactly what information are you looking for?

The IRCC link provides the details for all historical Express Entry draws dating back to 2015 when the program first started.

There are no specific rules for citizens of India. All applicants are treated the same regardless of which country they are from. Whether someone is selected or not is entirely based on points. There are tons of Indian applicants on this forum who have received ITA after 2017.

The last FSW draw under Express Entry was December 2020. We do not know if / when the FSW draws will restart.
"Exactly what information are you looking for? "
Are FSWP draws different from Express Entry draws and if so, how so? What other programs are accepting Indian Citizens to apply for permanent residency if entirely based on points system?
Also, is there a difference between notification to apply and invitation to apply and if so, what is that ?

"The last FSW draw under Express Entry was December 2020. We do not know if / when the FSW draws will restart."
Where do you find historical data about FSW draws since 2010 and not since 2017? If you can be helpful in adding the "link" to that ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

There are different Express Entry streams. Through the year, there have been CEC and PNP draws. These are people with Canadian experience or selected through the provinces. There has been no FSW or open draw in a year. The IRCC EE website explains the different streams and the eligibility requirements for each stream. There is a FST (trades) stream too but don’t think there has been a draw this year.

If you have no Canadian experience, no job offer, no provincial nomination, then you are FSW. You receive an ITA if selected based on your CRS score. An NOI is given by the provinces if they want to nominate you.

You need read through the IRCC EE website and learn about eligibility requirements. To be elgible to even enter the EE pool, you need 67 points based on age, work experience, education and language.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"Exactly what information are you looking for? "
Are FSWP draws different from Express Entry draws and if so, how so? What other programs are accepting Indian Citizens to apply for permanent residency if entirely based on points system?
Also, is there a difference between notification to apply and invitation to apply and if so, what is that ?

"The last FSW draw under Express Entry was December 2020. We do not know if / when the FSW draws will restart."
Where do you find historical data about FSW draws since 2010 and not since 2017? If you can be helpful in adding the "link" to that ?
- The FSW draws are not different than Express Entry. FSW applicants are drawn through Express Entry. It is the same program.
- All immigration programs are accepting Indian citizens.
- Not all programs are points-based. But many are.
- ITA is the invitation through Express Entry. NOI is an invitation from the province to apply.
- Historical information for all FSW draws can be found on the IRCC website link that I provided to you earlier. This historical information goes back all the way to 2015 (not 2017) to the start of the Express Entry program. Any draw labeled as "general" includes FSW.
- There were no FSW draws before the Express Entry program was launched in 2015. Before 2015, the program was first come first serve. So there would be no draw information dating back to 2010 because there were no draws at that time. Draws did not start until 2015.

Based on the kinds of questions you are asking, you should consider hiring a Canadian immigraiton lawyer to help you through the process. It doesn't seem like you are positioned to do it yourself.

Reactions: Naturgrl

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
- The FSW draws are not different than Express Entry. FSW applicants are drawn through Express Entry. It is the same program.
- All immigration programs are accepting Indian citizens.
- ITA is the invitation through Express Entry. NOI is an invitation from the province to apply.
- Historical information for all FSW draws can be found on the IRCC website link that I provided to you earlier. This historical information goes back all the way to 2015 (not 2017) to the start of the Express Entry program. Any draw labeled as "general" includes FSW.
- There were no FSW draws before the Express Entry program was launched in 2015. Before 2015, the program was first come first serve. So there would be no draw information dating back to 2010 because there were no draws at that time. Draws did not start until 2015.

Based on the kinds of questions you are asking, you should consider hiring a Canadian immigraiton lawyer to help you through the process. It doesn't seem like you are positioned to do it yourself.
Thanks for the point wise clarification however can you also help me further with the below too:

Can you say which programs out of all are point based and which are not, explicitly ? The one which are not point based must be based on certain requirements, if you be helpful in saying what those are ?

Does that mean an ITA (Invitation to apply) is sent to those who have submitted a valid EE profile? If so, how can someone verify if their express entry profile is indeed valid and is submitted in full as per requirements?

I remember finding the information around the points made available on the CIC website for year 2011, 2010 and older too but since 2018 such data was taken down. The first come first serve basis was not a basis for EE program in 2011 and onwards but only recently have I heard about this sort of thing from you but if you are certain that is how it is, could you help in showing me where CIC says so ?

Also, where can you helpfully show the label "general" on draw results since 2010 (and not 2017 or 2015) ?

Can you help clarify once more whether Express Entry draws are indeed FSW draws and are not separate? Also, as far as I can remember the program was made available much before 2015 and the results since 2011 and such were available too on the website which was later taken down but if you say that there were no draws before 2015 then I guess we cannot agree on it till you can help me find out more information about this being a fact.

I applied for Express Entry Program through someone but it seems that they are not doing their job well and that is why I came here to ask about the processes and such. The information about the program was taken down from the CIC website too so if you have a "link" to the draws and/or the information about the Express Entry program before 2010, that will be extremely helpful too.

Thanks once again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the point wise clarification however can you also help me further with the below too:

Can you say which programs out of all are point based and which are not, explicitly ? The one which are not point based must be based on certain requirements, if you be helpful in saying what those are ?

Does that mean an ITA (Invitation to apply) is sent to those who have submitted a valid EE profile? If so, how can someone verify if their express entry profile is indeed valid and is submitted in full as per requirements?

I remember finding the information around the points made available on the CIC website for year 2011, 2010 and older too but since 2018 such data was taken down. The first come first serve basis was not a basis for EE program in 2011 and onwards but only recently have I heard about this sort of thing from you but if you are certain that is how it is, could you help in showing me where CIC says so ?

Also, where can you helpfully show the label "general" on draw results since 2010 (and not 2017 or 2015) ?

Can you help clarify once more whether Express Entry draws are indeed FSW draws and are not separate? Also, as far as I can remember the program was made available much before 2015 and the results since 2011 and such were available too on the website which was later taken down but if you say that there were no draws before 2015 then I guess we cannot agree on it till you can help me find out more information about this being a fact.

I applied for Express Entry Program through someone but it seems that they are not doing their job well and that is why I came here to ask about the processes and such. The information about the program was taken down from the CIC website too so if you have a "link" to the draws and/or the information about the Express Entry program before 2010, that will be extremely helpful too.

Thanks once again.
Whydo you need to know about anything prior to 2010 or even prior to to 2015. Express Entry only started in 2015. What is your eligibility score (At least 67 points)? If you submitted a profile, you would receive notice you are eligible. What is your CRS score and NOC? Express Entry draws are done and for what stream is posted on the IRCC website.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks once again.
Some of these questions I've already answered.

For the rest, I would suggest you hire an immigration lawyer to help you. I'm not going to go digging for these details on your behalf. And I'm really not at all fussed if we don't agree.

Good luck with your application.

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
Some of these questions I've already answered.

For the rest, I would suggest you hire an immigration lawyer to help you. I'm not going to go digging for these details on your behalf. And I'm really not at all fussed if we don't agree.

Good luck with your application.
Fussed or not, you were not helpful at all.