+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile: Can Maternal Uncle be shown as relative and points taken?

plabh

Jan 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Could someone please shed some light? Can maternal uncle (mother's brother; Canadian Citizen) be shown as relative in express entry profile and 15 points be taken? What documents would be required if he can be considered?

Many thanks!!!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
No. Your uncle can give you 5 points under FSW six selection factors criteria (the one in which you need 67 points to be eligible). For CRS points, only a sibling (brother or sister living in Canada and is citizen or permanent resident) gives you the 15 points. Good Luck!

Reactions: plabh

plabh

Jan 14, 2018
No. Your uncle can give you 5 points under FSW six selection factors criteria (the one in which you need 67 points to be eligible). For CRS points, only a sibling (brother or sister living in Canada and is citizen or permanent resident) gives you the 15 points. Good Luck!
Thanks for the speediest response! But I still do have some questions.

Prior building Express Entry profile one reaches this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/fill-profile.html

and has to go through eligibility test https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

and based on the answers, applies reference code (generated after completing the questionnaire) into Express Entry profile. Now this questionnaire has checkbox question which says "I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew." So, isn't it saying uncle here? Could you solve this confusion?

Many thanks!!! :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the speediest response! But I still do have some questions.

Prior building Express Entry profile one reaches this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/fill-profile.html

and has to go through eligibility test https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

and based on the answers, applies reference code (generated after completing the questionnaire) into Express Entry profile. Now this questionnaire has checkbox question which says "I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew." So, isn't it saying uncle here? Could you solve this confusion?

Many thanks!!! :)
He already provided the answer. Having an uncle who is PR does grant your points under the six selection factors. That is, it helps your eligibility but it does NOT grant any CRS points.

plabh

Jan 14, 2018
He already provided the answer. Having an uncle who is PR does grant your points under the six selection factors. That is, it helps your eligibility but it does NOT grant any CRS points.
Thanks for confirming! One last desperate question: if not uncle, brother or sister (canadian citizen) as first cousins from maternal side (mom's own brother's son/daughter), do they work in this scenario?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Thanks for confirming! One last desperate question: if not uncle, brother or sister (canadian citizen) as first cousins from maternal side (mom's own brother's son/daughter), do they work in this scenario?
In India you may call your cousin as brother/sister, that's not the norm elsewhere. Pleas re-read the CRS question again, your cousins won't be covered under below mentioned definition of sibling:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:
  • 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:
  • blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. They won't grant you any CRS points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey my aunt is in Canada can she sponsor me . She is totally single
Only if she has no children, both of her parents are deceased and she has no other family members in Canada (i.e. no brothers, sisters, etc. in Canada). She must also meet the minimum income cut off.

daman makkar

Apr 25, 2019
Yea she is 64 years old and she has no relative and parents are also not alive anymore. She is earning fine in government hospital in Vancouver from the last 32 years and is it possible that means she lives in British Columbia so can she sponsor me . If yes can you please guide me where she can consult for this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.