+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry invitation and a couple of questions from a newbie

Gildesh

Mar 9, 2019
Bengaluru
Hello guys,
Hope you are all doing well. I got an invitation from Canadian PR website about the Express Entry programme. I am in the process of collecting documents for it.
I had a few questions regarding the process:-
1. For the police clearance, do i need to submit separately for my wife? If yes, then does she need to follow the exact same procedure as me, but separately or can we have it done in one go?
2. in the govt of india website, (Passport Seva), do i need to mention the "Country for which PCC is required" as Canada?
3. My passport in expiring on May 27 2019, so if i submit my current details, can i update the new ones once the passport is renewed?
4. Do i need to submit the marriage certificate for obtaining the PR for the both of us?
5. After i submit, how long can i delay the process of actually going into Canada? Because i got my job recently and plan to spend around 8-9 months at least in it?
6. For finding a job in Canada, what's the best time? The time when everything is done or beforehand? And would Linkedin work or do we need to contact agents? My work experience and educational credentials are pretty solid, so iam not worried about the quality of the job.
7. Whatever documents are required of my spouse, are they all mentioned in the invitation as well?
Thanks,
Abhay

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello guys,
Hope you are all doing well. I got an invitation from Canadian PR website about the Express Entry programme. I am in the process of collecting documents for it.
1. For the police clearance, do i need to submit separately for my wife? If yes, then does she need to follow the exact same procedure as me, but separately or can we have it done in one go?
Both of you have 2 submit the PCC
2. in the govt of india website, (Passport Seva), do i need to mention the "Country for which PCC is required" as Canada?
Yes you can
3. My passport in expiring on May 27 2019, so if i submit my current details, can i update the new ones once the passport is renewed?
Yes later when you get a renewed PP you can update via the web form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
4. Do i need to submit the marriage certificate for obtaining the PR for the both of us?
Yes
5. After i submit, how long can i delay the process of actually going into Canada?
Because i got my job recently and plan to spend around 8-9 months at least in it?
Will depend on the valid of your visa stamped on your passport. You can do a soft landing and then head back to India
6. For finding a job in Canada, what's the best time? The time when everything is done or beforehand? And would Linkedin work or do we need to contact agents?
You need to be present as the recruitment consultants prefer to meet you in person. To get a jobs in Canada do expect 3-6 waiting period...
My work experience and educational credentials are pretty solid, so iam not worried about the quality of the job.
7. Whatever documents are required of my spouse, are they all mentioned in the invitation as well?
If you are claiming points for her education her ECA copy and if you are claiming points for her language score ielts scorecard copy is is required
Thanks,
Abhay
Please see the embedded response

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello guys,
5. After i submit, how long can i delay the process of actually going into Canada? Because i got my job recently and plan to spend around 8-9 months at least in it?
6. For finding a job in Canada, what's the best time? The time when everything is done or beforehand? And would Linkedin work or do we need to contact agents? My work experience and educational credentials are pretty solid, so iam not worried about the quality of the job.
Thanks,
Abhay

You should have received a checklist that you must make sure to have completed before finalizing your application.

I will answer some of your points:
1.- Yes, this is an individual thing so all required applicants should submit this.
2.- No comment.
3.- Of course you can update, and you must otherwise you will not be able to apply since they have to be valid for at least an additional 6 months after the date you have applied.
4.- If you both applied for it yes. I am assuming you applied as the principal and her as the secondary.
5.- They say 80% within 6 months although it is hard to say but I would say give it up to a year. Medical examinations, bio-metrics, if your application was complete and thorough to begin with, etc. are things you should factor in. Also, non Canadian experience Class application should be expected to take longer to be completed since foreign documentation is harder to verify.
6.- Linked in is a good source. Indeed is another one, Workopolis, etc. I would also suggest you to find companies that you might be interested on an look in their web pages directly (careers section). I would say that most jobs don't make it to this external tools and you might be missing some good opportunities. I would start beforehand but it might be hard to get an employer to commit to you before you are actually entitled to work in Canada.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fernando

Gildesh

Mar 9, 2019
Bengaluru
Thanks Fernando.
Had another quick question:-
I have lived in USA for 2.5 years and India for the rest of the time. My wife has lived in Bahrain mostly with 1-2 years (in total) in India (came here for vacations and she has an Indian passport)
while filling in the form for the police clearance certificate?
Country for which PCC is required *
Canada

Purpose for which PCC is required*
Residence Permit?

Are these values good for express entry?
If not can you tell me if i need to file for Indian/USA clearance seperately? Similarly, wife needs to fill in Canada or Bahrain/India?

Thanks!!!
Abhay

Gildesh

Mar 9, 2019
Bengaluru
Also, one final question:- the residence proof and the travel history they ask, :-
1. I have lived in multiple locations in Boston, Bengaluru and Delhi within a span of 5 years...do they need seperate address proofs for each sublet??
2. And for travel history, is it the international travel history? and does a 3 day tourist visit to london count?

Thanks!
abhay