Express Entry Inquiry!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Per WES (world education services) educational credential assessment:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years).

Please advise if this constitutes the above eligibility. I am assuming yes. Thank you everyone.
Oui.

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
I don't know if I am over thinking this.

My college degree I spent three years on the institution (college) and the Canadian equivalency is 2 years.
My bachelor degree I spent 2 years on the institution(university) and the Canadian equivalency is 4 years.
Per CIC "one must be for a program of three or more years". Does CIC gauge the years spent or the degree equivalency.

Thank you

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
First two years of Bachelors degree consists of basic classes. I opted to take the classes at the college due to the cost. Further I opted to get an associates degree versus settling for the required classes only for my major. A college degree consists of 60 credit hours and I spent three years with a sum of +87 credit hours on my college transcript.

But WES credential evaluation result as me at 2 year diploma (college) and 4 year bachelor.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I added an entry via Express Entry with the help of a Canadian Lawyer.
My IELTS average score is 7.5 and my points added to 414. The entry was accepted on September 14.

There is no such thing as explicit accepting of the profile after creation. All profiles are accepted if they meet the minimum score count (67 out of 100) for the FSW. Please do get familiar with the Express Entry procedures and don't rely entirely on the lawyer.

It is my understanding that I am right at the borderline to get an invitation.
Depends. The CRS went down as much as 413/414 but I don't see it happening anytime soon now.

If someone could help me with a few questions please.

- First my lawyer claims that I cannot have access to the online profile due that other profiles are tagged with that particular user ID. Since he submitted I am assuming he uses one GCKey to add multiple profiles of candidates. Now i am sure there is a way to single out a profile to another GCkey. Please clarify on this dilemma.

This might be true as he as a representative might be representing many clients and have added your profile in his agent's login.

-Second he advised me to retake the IELTS and aim for a score of 8.5 or higher, which at this point It is futile for me. He sent me snapshots of my profile and a snapshot of two messages from the Express entry department (e.g. entry accepted, and next step to apply or post my resume on the job bank). My lawyer stated that at this point that was not needed.....applying on the job bank. I understand that if i post my profile on the job bank and if I get a prospective employer wanting to hire me then I will add points to my express entry.

You only need 8777 (LSRW) to boost your score. CLB 9 or higher. I have overall IELTS band score of 8.0 with CLB 9. I agree on that. Retaking the IELTS and getting 8777 will boost your score and will ensure your chance of selection.
If you want quick acceptance of your application, there is no other way than retaking IELTS. Few of the forum members have taken IELTS 5-6 or more times to get the CLB 9 mark. If not interested, I am afraid, you have to wait till the cut off comes down to 414 or lower.
You might be losing points for age as well if your b'day comes before that. Keep that in mind as well.

Please shed some light on this matter. Any input would be appreciated.

thank you
Details inline.

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
Well guy I got this reply from my lawyer:

Please keep in mind that the official points in CRS is determined by specific details which you are not generally assessed in the quick use/self estimate tool; Canada awards more points to those who have completed 5 to 6 years of study; not just 2 degrees. The minimum requirement is two separate post-secondary study programs of which one has to be at least 3 years in length. Those who obtain an associates degree on the way to a bachelors do not earn more points, as they have not completed more study than one who completed all 4 years at the same institution.

The dates of finishing your bachelor's program seems to indicate only 2 years of additional study, and this is reflected in the CRS score. This is because, in the United States, a Bachelor's degree is normally 120 hours; an associates is half of that at 60. To get points for two separate degrees, we believe you would have had to complete a total of approximately 180 credit hours in US accredited secondary institutions.

If you will send us copies of your transcripts from your studies (which are also required for the FSWP application submission), we will review and see if we can prove that your studies meet the criteria for having points for study which exceeds a 4 year degree.

I am confused about this aspect. ECA results show 2 year college degree (diploma) and bachelor degree (4 year). but it appears my transcript speaks a different story.
I give up lol...

Last edited: