+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Inquiry!!!

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
I added an entry via Express Entry with the help of a Canadian Lawyer.
My IELTS average score is 7.5 and my points added to 414. The entry was accepted on September 14.
It is my understanding that I am right at the borderline to get an invitation.

If someone could help me with a few questions please.

- First my lawyer claims that I cannot have access to the online profile due that other profiles are tagged with that particular user ID. Since he submitted I am assuming he uses one GCKey to add multiple profiles of candidates. Now i am sure there is a way to single out a profile to another GCkey. Please clarify on this dilemma.

-Second he advised me to retake the IELTS and aim for a score of 8.5 or higher, which at this point It is futile for me. He sent me snapshots of my profile and a snapshot of two messages from the Express entry department (e.g. entry accepted, and next step to apply or post my resume on the job bank). My lawyer stated that at this point that was not needed.....applying on the job bank. I understand that if i post my profile on the job bank and if I get a prospective employer wanting to hire me then I will add points to my express entry.

Please shed some light on this matter. Any input would be appreciated.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applying for job bank isn't needed. No one gets job offers through job bank. So you definitely shouldn't be counting on job bank to get you more points. If you want a job offer you need to be actively looking yourself on sites like linkedin, indeed, etc.

Reactions: Anford and jman25

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
My IELTS average score is 7.5 and my points added to 414. The entry was accepted on September 14.

- First my lawyer claims that I cannot have access to the online profile due that other profiles are tagged with that particular user ID. Since he submitted I am assuming he uses one GCKey to add multiple profiles of candidates. Now i am sure there is a way to single out a profile to another GCkey. Please clarify on this dilemma.

-Second he advised me to retake the IELTS and aim for a score of 8.5 or higher, which at this point It is futile for me. He sent me snapshots of my profile and a snapshot of two messages from the Express entry department (e.g. entry accepted, and next step to apply or post my resume on the job bank). My lawyer stated that at this point that was not needed.....applying on the job bank. I understand that if i post my profile on the job bank and if I get a prospective employer wanting to hire me then I will add points to my express entry.

thank you
Sadly no one got any Job Offers on-account of activating an account on the Job Bank. This is ofcourse as per my knowledge that is, no one I know was able to secure a job through the Job Bank. Employers are actively looking for PR Holders who are currently in CA. There are accounts of how people in their home countries secured jobs in CA, but thats purely through known networks nothing else. Good luck.

PS: Maxing out the language tests is one of the most viable ways to increase your score. Else look into the PNP options as well.

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017

thank you
I wonder why he didn’t make a separate ID for you. Or rather guide you to make one for yourself. That’s what my consultant did. He baby sat me through the process of creating my own CIC ID.

Anyway. Don’t count on job bank. It doesn’t get you anywhere.

And yes. IELTS clb will really boost your score. On my first attempt I got a clb 8 (l-8.5, r-6.5, s-7.5, w-8) and my crs score was 385. In my second attempt I got a clb 10 (l-8.5, w-8.5, s-8, w-7.5) and my crs jumped 60 points to 445. It changed the whole game for me.

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

thank you
414 isn't really borderline. retake IELTS. Wasn't the job bank thing removed as a requirement when applying?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........

thank you

Hi,

Let me answer your second point : If you score 8.5 your overall score will raise to 840 + for sure and you might get the invite on next draw itself.
They ask you to score more because IELTS is the decision factor in Express Entry more you score more the advantange.
Last draw points are 433, this might go higher or lesser as well. There were days they accepted 410 also.

If you are lucky you can get through with points you have. but it's good advise to take one more time and see if you score high you will get that approved soon.

Then Job bank you will need to register your account for sure , that is one of the critieria for a name sake we apply and you get nothing from it other than job availability emails.

Now to your 1st question : i'm not very much sure how the consultancy works as i do everything myself.
But, i can guess you are doing a split payment to your agent, if they give you an access and you find someone else to process then they will be in trouble.

Thanks

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I would say what is said in this forum again and again if you spend some time knowing what express entry is you will not need an agent and you will have more control about your application

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for the input everyone. I am able to get a job letter, although the job offer doesn't come with a LMIA letter. A friend of the family has several Hotels and He can employ me at one of his facilities. Will this aid on my express entry? thanks

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,

If you are not getting LMIA ,you will not be able to stay after the workpermit.
Using the job letter you will have to find a way to get the extension. However your points will remain the same and you will have to wait until you come on the draw.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for the input everyone. I am able to get a job letter, although the job offer doesn't come with a LMIA letter. A friend of the family has several Hotels and He can employ me at one of his facilities. Will this aid on my express entry? thanks
AFAIK and am aware of, for PR Applications require a LMIA Job Offer is required and only that increases your overall CRS score. Good luck.

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
I am here again at the mercy of everyone's knowledge.

what constitutes:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
I have an Associate in Arts degree from college and a Bachelor from an University.
Per the Canadian Website:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Please advise if its applicable in my scenario. Thanks in Advance everyone.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am here again at the mercy of everyone's knowledge.

what constitutes:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
I have an Associate in Arts degree from college and a Bachelor from an University.
Per the Canadian Website:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Please advise if its applicable in my scenario. Thanks in Advance everyone.
It might but have you assessed those degrees?

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
I have via WES. the 2 year college degree was equivalent to a diploma and the bachelor was equivalent to canadian 4 year bachelor. Will look into the WES credential assessment and post further details here. thanks

nickjr22

Sep 21, 2017
Per WES (world education services) educational credential assessment:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years).

Please advise if this constitutes the above eligibility. I am assuming yes. Thank you everyone.