TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Does affidavit in name or in age create trouble in terms of immigration?
More specifically, I am going to change my first name and only date and month (not year) of the date of birth.
Does IRCC or any other countries immigration authority have restrictions for those who have this kind of affidavit?
Well, as long as you have all the legal documentation for these changes the shouldn't be a problem.

You may also want to include a good letter of explanation to clarify everything.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Another question if i may,
As i mentioned, i am engaged now.
Is there a way to put it in the application? Like common law or something? The thing is we are not living together?
Yes, you can. Your crs points will be reculculated.
You however need to provide evidence of your relationship. You can even get married legally and just submit your marriage certificate.

Regards

phphafij

Nov 7, 2018
Well, as long as you have all the legal documentation for these changes the shouldn't be a problem.

You may also want to include a good letter of explanation to clarify everything.

All the best
Thank you so much.
But if I complete changing processes in all of my documents and certificates before applying to EE, will I still need to provide the letter of explanation?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you so much.
But if I complete changing processes in all of my documents and certificates before applying to EE, will I still need to provide the letter of explanation?
Yes, you will. There is a section that asks if you have been known by any other name. You will have to say yes, and submit name change documentation.
The LOE is just you change to clarify everything.

regards

phphafij

Nov 7, 2018
Yes, you will. There is a section that asks if you have been known by any other name. You will have to say yes, and submit name change documentation.
The LOE is just you change to clarify everything.

regards
Okay Tanaka. A lot of thanks to you for your help.

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hi,

I know express entry system for PR, but i don’t know which category i will apply to such as FSWP, FSW and CEC, i came to canada as a student after grade 12 from india, studied paralegal studies, got work permit and then jon in a law firm as a legal assistant, it’s been 8 months in my job, can anybody guide me please, i would really appreciate,

Thank you

sameera86

Dec 25, 2018
Hi,

I am a Sri Lankan and I am planning to apply for the PR process on my own. I have created a WES account but still I haven't made the payment. Do you all recommend their service? and how should I send my educational degree certificates and transcripts to WES? can I take photocopies for the originals and send it across? do they accept it that way?

please advice.

Many Thanks!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I know express entry system for PR, but i don’t know which category i will apply to such as FSWP, FSW and CEC, i came to canada as a student after grade 12 from india, studied paralegal studies, got work permit and then jon in a law firm as a legal assistant, it’s been 8 months in my job, can anybody guide me please, i would really appreciate,

Thank you
Hi,

As you have no foreign work experience, you can only qualify for CEC. However you need to have at least 1 year of skilled experience to qualify.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I am a Sri Lankan and I am planning to apply for the PR process on my own. I have created a WES account but still I haven't made the payment. Do you all recommend their service? and how should I send my educational degree certificates and transcripts to WES? can I take photocopies for the originals and send it across? do they accept it that way?

please advice.

Many Thanks!
Hi,

I highly recommend WES, they are very good.

Yes, you can send copies. They dont want your originals. They give you full instructions on the website.

Regards

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
One thing more i need to ask: my NOC job code is 1242, legal administrative assistant
What will i need from employer, job letter and LMAI?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
One thing more i need to ask: my NOC job code is 1242, legal administrative assistant
What will i need from employer, job letter and LMAI?
"
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

regards

sameera86

Dec 25, 2018
Hi,

I highly recommend WES, they are very good.

Yes, you can send copies. They dont want your originals. They give you full instructions on the website.

Regards
Hi Tanaka,

Thanks for you response. I have went through the website , can i send take copies from the originals which i have with me and post it directly to WES.
please tell me. If not I should go to each university and request to send them the transcripts and certificate copies to WES?

Thanks
Sameera

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

Thanks for you response. I have went through the website , can i send take copies from the originals which i have with me and post it directly to WES.
please tell me. If not I should go to each university and request to send them the transcripts and certificate copies to WES?

Thanks
Sameera
The requirements differ with each university si when you create your account they will tell you exactly what is required in your case. For example, I was required to send copies of my degree certificates and then they wanted my transcripts to come directly from the University.

So it's not standard.

Regards