+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Recently I and my wife get police clearance certificate from our country of residence. Because my wife's passport will soon expire, she renewed it. So in the police clearance certificate old passport number is written. Now my question is: do she need to apply for another police clearance certificate or the old one will be fine? Please note that her police clearance certificate is less than one-month-old. What should she do?

sahil88

Dec 28, 2016
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2019
Hello everyone,

I am yet to start with my immigration process. At the moment i am in touch with a consultancy in New Delhi to take my case for express entry immigration.

I have a couple of enquiries.

1. I have a 3 years BBA degree from GGSIP University (State level university,New Delhi) and have a 1 year masters degree from Manchester Business School. So, if anyone had a similar case or know about it, can you tell as to how WES evaluate that 1 years masters degree?
Will it be considered as full time masters or will it considered as the 4th year Bachelors or an additional degree/diploma?
Will i get points equivalent to masters degree or not?

2. I am owner of business. I have 4 years of work experience and my role and responsibilities comes under Purchasing Director (0113). So being an owner of a business, will the immigration consider my profile?

3. Which consultancy is the best in New Delhi, incase anyone hired it in recent times.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Hoping to get some speedy replies.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Thank You Stanlee for your response earlier ..Today i have a new issue , little things are eating me up .... i went for PCC today and i got it , but one of the officers there told me that my passport looks damaged ... actually all the names , dates and photo are clearly visible it got went in rain a few months ago,so after i dried it up ,it bulged a little ....but all pages are fine ...so would they refuse to stamp my passport ...should i apply new passport ....or should i wait until they want me to get a new one ? ...has anyone faced such issue before or any such cases you heard of ..

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anil918918 said:
Thank You Stanlee for your response earlier ..Today i have a new issue , little things are eating me up .... i went for PCC today and i got it , but one of the officers there told me that my passport looks damaged ... actually all the names , dates and photo are clearly visible it got went in rain a few months ago,so after i dried it up ,it bulged a little ....but all pages are fine ...so would they refuse to stamp my passport ...should i apply new passport ....or should i wait until they want me to get a new one ? ...has anyone faced such issue before or any such cases you heard of ..
Do not renew it as long as they ask you to.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
lildip said:
Hello

Recently I and my wife get police clearance certificate from our country of residence. Because my wife's passport will soon expire, she renewed it. So in the police clearance certificate old passport number is written. Now my question is: do she need to apply for another police clearance certificate or the old one will be fine? Please note that her police clearance certificate is less than one-month-old. What should she do?
You can use the existing PCC for your wife, you do not have to apply for a new one as it less than 6 months old.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sahil88 said:
Hello everyone,

I am yet to start with my immigration process. At the moment i am in touch with a consultancy in New Delhi to take my case for express entry immigration.

I have a couple of enquiries.

1. I have a 3 years BBA degree from GGSIP University (State level university,New Delhi) and have a 1 year masters degree from Manchester Business School. So, if anyone had a similar case or know about it, can you tell as to how WES evaluate that 1 years masters degree?
Will it be considered as full time masters or will it considered as the 4th year Bachelors or an additional degree/diploma?
Will i get points equivalent to masters degree or not?

2. I am owner of business. I have 4 years of work experience and my role and responsibilities comes under Purchasing Director (0113). So being an owner of a business, will the immigration consider my profile?

3. Which consultancy is the best in New Delhi, incase anyone hired it in recent times.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Hoping to get some speedy replies.
1. You can check the equivalency of your degree on WES website.

2. Yes, you can submit your profile and CIC will consider your application provided it meets all the requirements.

3. Not sure, but personally would advise you against it. The process is quite straightforward.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cpsingh said:
After receiving ITA, can we change the job NOC code of previous & current employement ?
If you are provincial nominee, then No you cannot change it if you accept the nomination as you wiukd have been nominated based on some NOC. If you got a direct ITA, you can change your NOC in post ITA forms, you can also explain the same in the LOE.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
tpurohit said:
Hi Guys,

Need your help here. I have OINP certificate of PNP CEC (600 additional points) and my total score is 1067. I received an ITA but later realized that my foreign experience that I submitted was July 2011 to July 2012 but originally it is sept. 2011 to July 2012. If I Update it now is this going to affect my application ..?

appreciate your suggestions
Will that difference affect your score, the score minus nomination? If it does not, you can update that in post ITA forms and explain in the LOE.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Lifehack said:
Hello

I have used Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool - Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)tool, I saw it online.

Sorry I can't post the link.Is there any other tool that should be used to calculate?

Please let me know.

Regards
Life
Yes, that's the tool you use to calculate your score.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Lifehack said:
Hello,
I am new here and want to know about EE process as I am planning to apply for EE.
I have a MSc Degree in Mobile and Wireless Networks from England.
I have almost Three years’ experience as a System Engineer.
My age is 28.
IELTS 8 (overall) S8 W7.5 L8 R7.5. I have an Aunt my mother’s sister & cousin’s living in Canada.
Have enough funds to show. I have calculated it says 476.Is it correct? Is it good enough? I have already send my documents to WES and waiting for evaluation.
Please suggest me what possibilities are there and how to progress from now on. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards
Life
476 is a good score, once you get ECA, create your Express Entry profile.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Friends, need to urgently understand one thing...
I submit my e-APR tomorrow. My IELTS will expire on Feb 5 2017. Is there a rule / guideline where I have to re-take IELTS if it is expiring in less than 6 months after e-APR?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nurat said:
Friends, need to urgently understand one thing...
I submit my e-APR tomorrow. My IELTS will expire on Feb 5 2017. Is there a rule / guideline where I have to re-take IELTS if it is expiring in less than 6 months after e-APR?
Replied to the same query on another thread.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Yes, thanks Stanlee... I found the link too which clearly states what you told me. Here it is for future reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp (Read 'How long language test results are valid for')

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Stanley,
I am about to take my medical tests in Hyderabad and the GYD Diagnostics guys have asked me for UCI number .I dont see UCi number in any documents that i received from CIC ,Can you let me know where to check for it or whom to contact to get it .

Thanks
Anil Kumar

budhirar

Apr 23, 2016
Please guide:

My DOB certificate has 1982 as DOB while all other documents have 1983 as DOB.
Municipal corporation will not provide 1983 as DOB. They are asking me to produce document with 1982 DOB so that they can provide DOB certificate with 1982 as DOB.

One of my friend's consultant says that 10th certificate is sufficient as i can give affidavit, while my consultant says that we should have DOB as 1983 because she has seen cases where imigration officer is very conservative and rejected/delayed the application due to affidavit/lack of DOB certificate.

It would be difficult for me to change all the proofs e.g passport, 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet and PAN.

Please guide what to do in this case.

Thanks,
Rajat