+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Vijeth_R

May 21, 2016
Hi All,

I am waiting in the pool with a score of around 400. I understand that I will need a job offer to get another 600 points and then get a ITA. If any immigration consultant is ready to get me a job which is approved by LMIA, does it have to be in the same area of work which matches my current experience? If I get a job offer under a different stream and I update my express entry profile with this info and my points go up, will there be an issue when I apply for a PR?

Please advice..
Thanks!!

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Are you currently working in canada? If you apply under FSW then no need to match previous job and current LMIA
If you apply under CEC then your past job experience and current LMIA should match.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hello All,

Can someone please guide me. I am creating my EE profile. I came to canada on a student visa. I got a JOB in NOC B during my studies. i started working for that company in march 2015 as a part timer (working 16 hrs per week). i finished my studies in April 2015. starting may 2016 i continued my JOB as a full timer. I applied for my PGWP in May 2015 and got it in Sep 2015.

So my question is what do i fill in the work history profile?? Should i mention my 2 months work experience or not as a part time work as i become qualified to practice in that profession in May 2015. In my employment letter it says i started working for this company from march 2015 or is it the date i recieved my work permit??

Can someone please guide me.

>>it the date you received the work permit

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi friends.. my CRS score is 456. m worried as the cut offs are very high since march april moroever very less ITAs..

what is the reason for low ITAs and high cutoff. will CRs scores abovre 450 have any chance for ITA this year

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maria_786 said:
if the employer is applying for lmia and while im waiting for the lmia to be approved , can i apply for study permit since i will get a work permit as well at the same time which will allow me to work with my same employer, or should i apply for a visitor visa n wait while lmia is in process? the PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks should i apply for a new status before it expires or after n apply for restoration of status? also what are the chances of having visitor permit to be approved?
If your PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks, you can apply for a BOWP if you have submitted PR application to IRCC and the R10 for that is set to "Passed". If that does not apply to you, you can apply for a visitors visa (to save yourself from going out of status) and wait until a decision is made. Also, your employer can apply for work permit only after your LMIA is approved.

Budi

Jan 7, 2015
Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could provide me with some assistance. Just got this email

''This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 > Height & eye color: Height (in cm) and eye color details This must be
received at this office by: 2016/07/27

What kind of information am I expected to provide?

Thanks in advance.

A9kurs

Feb 16, 2016
Hi I am looking for nominee of SNIP under Skilled Worker as i dont have Offer letter.

Step 1 is Job Offer And employment
1) Do you currently have a job offer?* NO
2)Have you been accepted into Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's Express Entry pool and have an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code? * "YES"

3) Express Entry Profile Number*
E000588637

4) Job Seeker Validation Code*

I have at least one year of work experience in 2171

But when i click on next then this section is yellow

I am not understanding what wrong i am doing as per my understanding For Skilled Worker categor i dont need offer letter. but why its still showing in yellow instead of green when i have completed the form.

Please guide me i want to apply for SNIP under Skilled Worker

Bavana

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have a study permit as I am studying in canada. This means that I have a UCI for it. Do I have to answer yes for if I have applied for the Canadian immigration and citizenship before question to give them my UCI?

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
YES- there will be only one UCI for you until you stay in Canada.
I had approx. 4-5 TRVs/work permits all shows same UCI & i answered yes and entered my uci.

Bavana said:
Hello All,

I have a study permit as I am studying in canada. This means that I have a UCI for it. Do I have to answer yes for if I have applied for the Canadian immigration and citizenship before question to give them my UCI?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
can someone plz clarify for me for the 2 or more diploma, degree or certificate .. if i have a 3 yr post graduate diploma n another certificate but less than a year n it was not done on campus it was done mostly online can i considered that as 2nd cetificate for the education part or no? does the certificate has to be more than 6 months n full time on campus?

faraz2512

Dec 16, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
1311 & 1215
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
Hello,

My wife is expected to delivery by end of September. After that when I will add the kid under my profile, how much more points will get added?? Currently I stand at 347 points.

shagoonsarita

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
1241, 1123, 2151
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11, 2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
Apr 11, 2017
IELTS Request
L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.5, S-9.0
Med's Done....
Mar 28, 2017
Query1 - My passport number in the IELTS TRF of 2016 March and passport no. right now differs as I added spouse's name in my old passport and also changed my address in it.Will it pose a problem in the future while submitting the EE profile ? Just hope not, as my old passport number is mentioned in the new one as well.

Query2 - Do I need to fill in my 2-yr old baby's passport number right now while submitting EE profile ? Because she doesnt have one yet and I want to submit profile ASAP (just waiting for my ECA result).

Guys, need your help in it.