+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Advice Needed

Hi

I filled up my Express Entry profile except the IELTS certificate number as I still haven't received the certificate by post. I meant to receive it in within 3 working days but for some unknown reason its taking longer.

I really dont want to miss the next draw, so can I just submit the profile with my new IELTS score but old IELTS certificate number?

Later when I receive the certificate will I be able to change the certificate number?

In case if I receive ITA is it possible to change certificate number later?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abo0286 said:
Advice Needed

Hi

I filled up my Express Entry profile except the IELTS certificate number as I still haven't received the certificate by post. I meant to receive it in within 3 working days but for some unknown reason its taking longer.

I really dont want to miss the next draw, so can I just submit the profile with my new IELTS score but old IELTS certificate number?

Later when I receive the certificate will I be able to change the certificate number?

In case if I receive ITA is it possible to change certificate number later?

Thanks
Personally, I would advise you against it. If you are eligible to receive ITA in this round, you will definitely be eligible in the next round of invitation. It would only be a matter of couple of weeks waiting for the next round.

A9kurs

Feb 16, 2016
Hi
Please tell me I have done 4 years Bachelors and 3 years Diploma and i have done WES ECA and they written its Canadian equivalence is Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) so i am generating personal reference code through Come to Canada tool and it is asking for

What is the highest level of education for which you have earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, or have had an Educational Credential Assessment? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years.) If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential.

So what should i select in this option

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Raj and friends,

I require an important information from you regarding Date of Birth certificate. I don't have DOB certificate as in India one born before 1989 doesn't require a DOB certificate. So i haven' made it earlier. My application is struck due to this.

Is DOB certificate mandatory for OINP (i have to go for OINP route as my CRS is around 415) and then for PR application?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
A9kurs said:
Hi
Please tell me I have done 4 years Bachelors and 3 years Diploma and i have done WES ECA and they written its Canadian equivalence is Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) so i am generating personal reference code through Come to Canada tool and it is asking for

What is the highest level of education for which you have earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, or have had an Educational Credential Assessment? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years.) If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential.

So what should i select in this option
You can select the option 'two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.....'.

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
What makes the points go above 450 points? In-spite of all efforts, my points stand at 427. And the draws are all hovering around 470!! Very stressful... :(

My EE was done in Dec 28th and OINP was applied on 12th Feb. And OINP is also not moving.
Nothing has happened.
Really getting concerned now as I am no longer in the company when i had applied for EE or OINP.

Please suggest.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
JGD_C said:
What makes the points go above 450 points? In-spite of all efforts, my points stand at 427. And the draws are all hovering around 470!! Very stressful... :(

My EE was done in Dec 28th and OINP was applied on 12th Feb. And OINP is also not moving.
Nothing has happened.
Really getting concerned now as I am no longer in the company when i had applied for EE or OINP.

Please suggest.
The factors that has a major influence in CRS score are IELTS, education and work experience. Among all IELTS is the trump card.

Based on the current trend, you can expect to receive AOR in 100-120 days. I know it is frustrating and it causes anxiety, but the fact is you have tried to do your best and you cannot do anything about it now than wait to hear from them. Meanwhile, you can use this as an opportunity to enroll in some courses relevant to your job (which could give you an advantage while applying for jobs in Canada), research more about Ontario and how you can adapt to the new place in terms of job, housing, education for kids and other details.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear Experts,

I need to ask one question regarding POF. Can I show my property like Land in my name as POF. or we need to show Bank statement only. Please guide.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anwar01 said:
Dear Experts,

I need to ask one question regarding POF. Can I show my property like Land in my name as POF. or we need to show Bank statement only. Please guide.
As per the requirement funds should be unencumbered and readily transferable. No, land does not fall under the category of readily transferable.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rinkuaccen said:
Hi Stanlee,

Need Clarity on POF.

Can we show Mutual Funds, LIC Paid Statements and PPF money as POF?

Thanks!

~Rinku
No, mutual funds, LIC and PPF cannot be considered as POF. The basic requirement with regard to POF is that funds should be unencumbered and readily transferable.

Mutual Funds - Since mutual funds and stocks are subject to market fluctuations, you will not be able to use it as proof of funds. Instead, you can liquidate the same and the proceeds can be shown as proof of funds. You can submit bank statements of the account in which the proceeds are credited.

LIC - LIC cannot be used as POF as the payout for an insurance policy is contingent on the occurrence of an event which you have insured.

Public Provident Fund - PPF account matures only on the completion of 15 years from the end of the year in which the account was opened. For PPF, no premature closure is allowed, so this does not meet the requirement of CIC, which says that funds should be unencumbered and readily available. The only case where it can be used as proof of funds is by doing a partial withdrawal if you have completed 7 years (from date of account opening). In that case the proceeds which gets transferred to your savings account can be shown as the proof of funds, but not PPF directly.

rinkuaccen

Apr 3, 2016
I am very Disappointed to hear these many strict rules made by CIC.

Another option which we can manage is the Personal loan from Bank in my or Spouse Name won't be valid? If No, then can we manage it by some Local Lender on repayment basis? Hope CIC should not object it as Loan can be remitted later point of time.

Please suggest any option left If we have no Liquid money in Hand which required by CIC as POF.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rinkuaccen said:
I am very Disappointed to hear these many strict rules made by CIC.

Another option which we can manage is the Personal loan from Bank in my or Spouse Name won't be valid? If No, then can we manage it by some Local Lender on repayment basis? Hope CIC should not object it as Loan can be remitted later point of time.

Please suggest any option left If we have no Liquid money in Hand which required by CIC as POF.
No, you cannot avail a loan and show it as POF. The reason for asking 6 months bank statement as part of POF is to ensure that the applicant has not taken a loan to meet the POF requirement. In case there is no other way but you have to borrow, then get the loan amount directly credited to one of your parents' account and let them transfer it to you. You can show this as a gift from your parents and execute a Gift Deed for the amount credited to your account. Additionally, you will have to submit bank statements with a Letter of Explanation detailing your case. As long as you can prove the source of funds, you are good to go even if the funds have not been maintained for 6 months.

You can also submit other documents like bank statements (single, joint etc), FD receipts, RD statements, Post Office Savings etc if applicable.

axeans

Feb 2, 2016
Spouse Accompanying Confusion

Please kindly advice !!

I recently created express entry profile under NOC 4011 / Masters Degree.
I am married and my CRS has come 460 including my spouse IELTS but excluding her ECA.
While calculating in CRS tool in the official CIC website i noticed in case I opt for " spouse will not accompany me" the score goes to 475.
Is it a good idea to do so or in actual sense Can i do so? considering the following reasons:
1. Initially only i plan to go anyways and wife would come only after 6 months (once i get PR i can later apply for a sponsored visa for her)
2. the reason m asking is because last 3 draws the cut off was 470.

Please advice if anyone has tried it and it is a valid and legitimate step.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Spouse Accompanying Confusion

axeans said:
Please kindly advice !!

I recently created express entry profile under NOC 4011 / Masters Degree.
I am married and my CRS has come 460 including my spouse IELTS but excluding her ECA.
While calculating in CRS tool in the official CIC website i noticed in case I opt for " spouse will not accompany me" the score goes to 475.
Is it a good idea to do so or in actual sense Can i do so? considering the following reasons:
1. Initially only i plan to go anyways and wife would come only after 6 months (once i get PR i can later apply for a sponsored visa for her)
2. the reason m asking is because last 3 draws the cut off was 470.

Please advice if anyone has tried it and it is a valid and legitimate step.
You can apply as married and spouse not accompanying to get more points. But I have heard that the process to sponsor your family later takes long and is a bit complicated than including her in your PR application.

Please note, even if your spouse/family is not accompanying you, you still have to get PCC and medicals done for all of them and even show funds for all family members. So, I am not sure whether you would want to pursue this option just for the sake of getting more points. Instead, you can get ECA done for your wife, you can claim upto 10 points for her ECA. With her ECA score added, you would get 465+ which is a good score to get ITA in the next few rounds of invitation.

Check this link on the same topic http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/with-or-without-spouse-t279286.0.html.