+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

awhthugz

Feb 11, 2016
Hi Po!

Newbie lng po ako dito and I am very interested in immigrating to Canada, although compared sa iba na umaabot na ng 10 years ang experience, ako saktong 1 year and 1 month lang po. I just need to confirm regarding dun sa minimum 1 year continuous experience. Need po ba na sa isang employer lng talaga? or pde po 6 months different company the other 7 months ibang company, pero same field lng naman po, sa Finance at wala pong gap in between. Sana po masagot niyo tanong ko.

Thanks po in advance! ;D ;D ;D :-*

David_Freez

Jan 29, 2016
Hi

I've been reading A LOT about the process of immigration, I just have 4 questions about the process:

1- Do I need to certificate both my Bachelors and Master Degree (ECA) or can I just certificate my highest degree which is my Master Degree?

2- If I have an International Business Master Degree. Does it count to claim points on the Education section (I mean Level of education = 135 for a Master Degree)? Because I don't understand the meaning of:

University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:

NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
licensed by a provincial regulatory body.

Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

Does it mean that ALL Master Degree's can count? even though I don't meet the NOTE because is related to the bussiness area?

3- If I have a Graphic Designer 4 years Bachelors Degree and an International Bussiness Master Degree and I have 3 years of experience as a Graphic Designer BUT none under my Master Degree. Will it be a problem If my highest level of education is not related from the years of experience I have but it does related to my Bachelors Degree? Can I claim points on the Experience section due and thanks to my Bachelor Degree?

4- My currency is USD$. How do I prove that I have enough money to support myself with CAD$ currency? Do I need to exchange my currency to CAD$ and then save the money on my account?

I'm confused.

I hope you can help me, Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
David_Freez said:
Hi

I've been reading A LOT about the process of immigration, I just have 4 questions about the process:

1- Do I need to certificate both my Bachelors and Master Degree (ECA) or can I just certificate my highest degree which is my Master Degree?

You can get your highest degree assessed by WES. But you can anyway send any number of degrees to be assessed, as WES does not charge by the number of degrees. This would also take care of the situation where WES may not assess your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters degree. I sent both my Bachelors and Masters.

2- If I have an International Business Master Degree. Does it count to claim points on the Education section (I mean Level of education = 135 for a Master Degree)? Because I don't understand the meaning of:

University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:

NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
licensed by a provincial regulatory body.

Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

Does it mean that ALL Master Degree's can count? even though I don't meet the NOTE because is related to the bussiness area?

Yes, all Master's degree count as long as WES approves it is equivalent to Canadian degree. If your Masters is considered equivalent to Canadian degree you will get 135 points (without spouse) or 126 points (with spouse).

3- If I have a Graphic Designer 4 years Bachelors Degree and an International Bussiness Master Degree and I have 3 years of experience as a Graphic Designer BUT none under my Master Degree. Will it be a problem If my highest level of education is not related from the years of experience I have but it does related to my Bachelors Degree? Can I claim points on the Experience section due and thanks to my Bachelor Degree?

Yes, you can claim points for your education and wok experience as NOC and education are not tied together in the scoring. What matters is your NOC should fall under either 0, A or B category.

4- My currency is USD$. How do I prove that I have enough money to support myself with CAD$ currency? Do I need to exchange my currency to CAD$ and then save the money on my account?

No, you can retain the funds in USD. Whenever you get an invite you will be asked to submit a letter from your bank showing your account details (name, type of accounts held, account opening date, balance etc). So you can show the funds that you have and at the end of the letter you can show the conversion of USD to CAD at that day's spot rate.

I'm confused.

I hope you can help me, Thanks

spyce

Feb 12, 2016
Hi I would like to ask for your opinion. Is it okay that I will apply for an EOI (MPNP) today, even if my supporter (close relative) will be one year next month March 16, 2016? Is it okay to apply in advance? TIA

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
spyce said:
Hi I would like to ask for your opinion. Is it okay that I will apply for an EOI (MPNP) today, even if my supporter (close relative) will be one year next month March 16, 2016? Is it okay to apply in advance? TIA
No, as per Manitoba Support Stream, the Manitoba Supporter must provide documentation showing they currently reside and are established in Manitoba, and have been living in the province for at least one year.

ClaireAero

Nov 24, 2015
For Germany PCC, do I need to send my ID proof and proof of my stay documents* along with the application form??

* Registration confirmation (Hamburg)
Notifying confirmation (Berlin)
De-registration Certificate (Berlin)

Although they have not specified, I thought it might fasten their search and issuance of PCC.

Please advise.

Regards
Claire

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
People,

Please take time to read this link ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-and-express-entry-completeness-checks.html

Not sure if this has been shared on the forum before but IRCC has updated its instructions regarding PCCs. Thanks to Ashutosh (Not sure if he's on the forum) for pointing this out.

Here's the highlight -

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) has provided updates to the published instructions on police certificates with respect to the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada.

This update may affect individuals who receive an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry.

Language revisions were made to clarify the text, and under Exceptional circumstances, the instructions have been changed to reflect that clients are required to provide both proof of having requested a police certificate and an explanation of their best efforts to produce a police certificate before the 60-day deadline after the ITA has been issued. These Exceptional circumstances are outlined below.

In addition, the instructions have been revised to reflect that police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country where an individual has lived for six months or more in total, not necessarily in a row.

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-application.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-application. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.
So, applicants might have to submit PCCs for countries where they have stayed 6 months or longer in total and not necessarily in a row.

pavans

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Raj,

Congrats for receiving the AOR.

Here i have doubt that do i need to get the PCC from PSK or any other chocie?
and do i need to send duplicate report for ECA from WES? Please suggest

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pavans said:
Hi Raj,

Congrats for receiving the AOR.

Here i have doubt that do i need to get the PCC from PSK or any other chocie?
and do i need to send duplicate report for ECA from WES? Please suggest
Thanks a lot :) .

1) You can get it done from PSK.
2) If you are asking if you need to order a copy to be directly sent to OINP, then yes.

NKV

May 7, 2015
I have one query regarding medical examination - If a person who had heart problem ( age 40) stents 3 years back will qualify in medical examination.
pls suggest.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
IRCC doesn't ask for bank statements as proof of work experience/salaries.
They do if the work is self-employed. I got an "incomplete application" in 2014 because of that reason alone.