+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
xelatoille said:
Hi there,
Here are my questions, I hope someone can help me:
My brother applied for EE last April but got ITA under CEC 2 weeks ago.
He worked in Alberta for almost 2 years with PGWP, which expired last September.(he could not extend his permit without LMIA)
He got a visitor visa and came to NB where I live, to spend time with us for the Holidays and plans to go back to home country for a while before he can land since he cannot work in Canada at the moment. He would like to live and work here to be close to me, his brother in law and nephews, but it is difficult to get a job offer here in his field, especially in the next 60 days. His former employer in Alberta can provide an offer of employment on the same position he had prior to his permit expiring, so my question is, could he provide that offer of employment but still come to NB after to try to get a job here? Is he obligated to land or work for the employer who offered him a job in his application even if it's not through PNP?
Before he lived in Alberta he worked here in NB for a year, however not under his primary NOC. The company here loved him and they are happily giving him an offer of employment. Is it an issue if it's a job that is not his primary field or what his degree is for? I'm assuming it's a problem but wanted to make sure.

Thank you
Foreigners on visitors visa cannot take up employment. I did some research and opine that he cannot start working until he gets a work permit.

Here are a few links that might be useful --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-whonopermit.asp

Having said that, if he's able to get an open work permit, then he can work for any Canadian employer. This way, he could come to NB and work.

About open work permit --->
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=176&t=17

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi all, just got an ITA, Urgent guidance needed please;

Hi all, urgent questions I just got a CIC email, when I have a look at the email sent by CIC I am invited to apply and the break up is as follows:

CRS Human Capital Age: 88
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education: 120
CRS - First Official Language: 130
CRS Human Capital Canadian Experience: 40
CRS Skills Transferability - Education: 38
CRS Skills Transferability - Foreign Work Experience: 50

Total: 466

In my profile however it says:

CRS Human Capital Age: 88
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education: 128
CRS - First Official Language: 130
CRS Human Capital Canadian Experience: 40
CRS Skills Transferability - Education: 50
CRS Skills Transferability - Foreign Work Experience: 50

Total: 486

I updated my Diploma for '2 or more Degrees' last week hence why it shows 486 in my EE profile. My letter is wrong. Can I accept this?
What do you mean your letter is wrong? If you remove the wrongly updated detail and your CRS is still above the minimum cutoff (457 or higher), then, you could continue. Otherwise, decline the ITA and wait for the next one.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rajkamalmohanram, my letter is not reflecting the WES assessment for '2 or more degrees, diplomas...' Per the letter;

I'm short by 8 in CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education and

I'm short by 12 in CRS Skills Transferability - Education

As you can see my profile reflects these 2 scores to give me total CRS of 486.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
IMO, you can answer "No" to that question!
I just want to be clear, since I am apparently causing confusion with this question haha.
It went like this:

* Got accepted by a US university
* Receive relevant documents from the university
* Apply for a US visa. Pay fees and schedule appointment.
* Visit the embassy for the interview- visa is not granted. Passport is returned without anything being stamped in it, and I am told to re-apply, since I do not demonstrate intent to immigrate (I just researched this, it is Section 214(b)). I receive no rejection letter.
* Apply for a new interview- involves a new appointment, new round of fees paid, new interview.
* Get there, and after a short interview, I am granted a visa.

Technically, is this a refusal or not?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
@rajkamalmohanram, my letter is not reflecting the WES assessment for '2 or more degrees, diplomas...' Per the letter;

I'm short by 8 in CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education and

I'm short by 12 in CRS Skills Transferability - Education

As you can see my profile reflects these 2 scores to give me total CRS of 486.
Oh, alright! I misunderstood your question! I believe you can go ahead and accept the ITA and proceed with the application. Since you will be filling the updated detail in the questionnaire that is about to follow, the officer will take that into account (since this detail is available in the profile too). IMO, you are all set to go ahead!

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
I just want to be clear, since I am apparently causing confusion with this question haha.
It went like this:

* Got accepted by a US university
* Receive relevant documents from the university
* Apply for a US visa. Pay fees and schedule appointment.
* Visit the embassy for the interview- visa is not granted. Passport is returned without anything being stamped in it, and I am told to re-apply, since I do not demonstrate intent to immigrate (I just researched this, it is Section 214(b)). I receive no rejection letter.
* Apply for a new interview- involves a new appointment, new round of fees paid, new interview.
* Get there, and after a short interview, I am granted a visa.

Technically, is this a refusal or not?
Are you sure they issued you a 214(b). Sure looks like 221(g) to me. If they had issued you a 214(b), they would have provided you with a refusal letter and they would have stamped your PP accordingly! 221(g) is administrative processing, they might ask you to come in some other time (with additional documents, sometimes).

If you are certain that they did not provide you with a refusal letter nor they did not stamp anything on the PP, I believe you are good to go! So, I still say - answer "No". You could take opinions from some other seniors too!!

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
thankyuou @rajkamalmohantam, appreciate your support.
Though not required, you might want to consider highlighting this in a LOE - so that the officer realizes that there is a mistake in the letter they sent and considers the proper information to calculate your points!

Good luck and all the very best!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Are you sure they issued you a 214(b). Sure looks like 221(g) to me. If they had issued you a 214(b), they would have provided you with a refusal letter and they would have stamped your PP accordingly! 221(g) is administrative processing, they might ask you to come in some other time (with additional documents, sometimes).

If you are certain that they did not provide you with a refusal letter nor they did not stamp anything on the PP, I believe you are good to go! So, I still say - answer "No". You could take opinions from some other seniors too!!

Good luck!
No, i just researched that on the internet. According to the US Embassy Page, the reason that I was given (verbally) by the interviewing officer aligns with 214(b). However, with that said, I was issued no refusal letter whatsoever (I did get a pamphlet about demonstrating intent to immigrate better, though; that said, it was a generic pamphlet), and there is no stamp in my passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
No, i just researched that on the internet. According to the US Embassy Page, the reason that I was given (verbally) by the interviewing officer aligns with 214(b). However, with that said, I was issued no refusal letter whatsoever (I did get a pamphlet about demonstrating intent to immigrate better, though; that said, it was a generic pamphlet), and there is no stamp in my passport.
Okay. So, still, say "NO" - IMO.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay. So, still, say "NO" - IMO.
Okay, thank you!

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hello people,

I have a few questions related to the EE profile. Here's our scenario- My husband and I are applying for PR through FSWP. He is the primary applicant but both of us have given our IELTS as I learnt that my score would also add to CRS points. Below are the questions:

1) What if we don't find a match to our current role under NOC, do we just choose the one closest to our role?
2) I have worked in 2 different streams, one is HR and the other is Sales and hence have to choose two different NOCs but for some reason when I add and try to save and exit, it does not get saved.Do the NOCs for all the years of experience have to be the same?
3) Is PGDM(equivalent to MBA) considered as a 2 yr diploma degree?
4) And, if I do not find my branch of studies, do I choose the one closest to that?

Kindly reply as early as possible. Thank you!

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hi friends,

How many photographs should we need to include in our OINP application?

should I need to send my grade 10(secondary) and 12(Higher-secondary) grade sheet in my OINP application?

Please help me on this.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
aakash07 said:
Hi friends,

How many photographs should we need to include in our OINP application?

should I need to send my grade 10(secondary) and 12(Higher-secondary) grade sheet in my OINP application?

Please help me on this.
Include two, and no, you don't need to send high school transcripts, unless you are specifically asked for them.