+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Nuwan123 said:
Hi Se,

My CRS score is 402. but now i have only BSc degree.Hope i can apply for OINP. But now i am doing Master of Business studies - 1 yr course. It will be finished by next Janaury 2017. can i add thsis qualification lateron for increase my point?

can we apply for OINP anytime...?
limited # of application for a year for OINP..?
My First BSc is for Agriculture..but my working experience from Administration (NOC 1221).Should my working experience be relavant to the dergree?

Appreciate verymuch help.

Thankz ,
Nuwan
With your current score of 402 you are eligible to receive Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario to apply for nomination. But, lately there has been a temporary hiatus in Ontario sending out any PTs. There has been no official communication in this regard, so you may have to wait to hear about Ontario PNP invite.

As long as your Express Entry profile is active and you have not received an ITA, you can update your education details in Express Entry profile.

For the purpose of Express Entry NOC and education are independent of each other.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
123DarcySt said:
Hi all,
I just recently joined this forum so forgive me if I am asking questions that may have already been asked. I am going through as many sites to find answers to my questions however I cannot seem to find any.

Firstly I would like to ask if I can create many profiles on EE?
Secondly, where do I input my personal reference code in my profile that has already been created.
Thirdly, Where is the Language test result form or certificate number on my CELPIP?? Is it my reference code or is it my pin number??
How can I check within EE to see what points am I at? I have checked in with another site and they tell me I have only got 402 points, I really hope this is incorrect as that would mean that I would not get through as the points have never gone as low as 450.
Thank you to all that can help me.
Xxx ;)
1. No
2. Your personal reference code is created when you have finished answering the questions in the Come to Canada tool. It is used to transfer the information from your answers over to the Express Entry profile builder in your MyCIC account. If you have already created your account, you cannot input your personal reference code.
3. No it is not your reference code. I am not sure about CELPIP, anyone who has appeared for CELPIP can confirm where this number is mentioned. In case of IELTS it is the number mentioned on the IELTS Test Result Form.
4. You can calculate your score using this calculator http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

Under Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS score required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 468 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to to get ITA - you can pursue PNP or LMIA based job offer, which will help you get ITA.

dharshini

May 5, 2016
I am planning to apply for CEC outland from India. Came back March 16.

Experience is 18th March 2013- Dec 2015 year Noc O exp. 2015 jan to 2015 Oct not worked. Nov 15 worked till 18th march 16 worked Noc O.

But I left on 19th March 2016 and landed here on 20th March 2016. So its a one day overstay in canada. Would that be a problem?

Giving IELTS in May.

Can anyone tell me whats the PR processing time if I try from Express Entry in first week of June after my IELTS result.

Docs I have :
1. ITR for all three years.
2. Credit card statement from Canada.
3. Police clearance from Canada issued on 11th march (reason mentioned; Immigration)

Please reply I am Nervous what to do.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Lily_br said:
Please please anybody could answer my doubt :(

I heard that the CIC ask for PCI but I'm afraid of being refused again if I don't upload this doc
Police certificate from Canada need not be uploaded unless and otherwise specifically asked for.

Please check this link --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CRS 459

MBA MSc (Economics) B.S
6 years of work ex (2.5 yrs IT Consulting; 3.5 yrs Management Consulting)
IELTS 9.0
Single, 33

How can I improve my score? I was thinking of taking the level A1 French DELF exam and getting a certificate. Will that help?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you.

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have filled my EE and my CRS scores are 420. I know scores are very less for ITA, so i am dependent on OINP. But in my EE profile it''s showing that criteria for Provincial Nominee Program is "Not Met"

What does it mean. I will not get any invite from any of the provinces? But i have read that above CRS 400, we met the criteria of PNP programs?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kushagra452 said:
CRS 459

MBA MSc (Economics) B.S
6 years of work ex (2.5 yrs IT Consulting; 3.5 yrs Management Consulting)
IELTS 9.0
Single, 33

How can I improve my score? I was thinking of taking the level A1 French DELF exam and getting a certificate. Will that help?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you.
Based on the information that you have provided, you have the maximum score in language skills, skill transferability and work experience. You cannot do anything about age and for education you need to have PhD to get the highest score (which is not a quick way to improve your score). The only way you can improve your score is to give TEF. I am not sure about your French skills, but if I assume that you get CLB 5 each in LRWS, then the score will not improve drastically, the new score in that case would be 463. In case you get CLB 7 each in LRWS then your score would become 471.

Use this tool to see how much your CRS can improve by varying your TEF scores for LRWS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

In my opinion 459 is a good score and by the time you prepare for TEF, I assume that the scores for direct ITA could come down to that level. Meanwhile, if Ontario would resume to send PT NOI, you will get an invite, you can consider this option (in case direct ITA scores does not come down or TEF does not improve your CRS drastically).

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Based on the information that you have provided, you have the maximum score in language skills, skill transferability and work experience. You cannot do anything about age and for education you need to have PhD to get the highest score (which is not a quick way to improve your score). The only way you can improve your score is to give TEF. I am not sure about your French skills, but if I assume that you get CLB 5 each in LRWS, then the score will not improve drastically, the new score in that case would be 463. In case you get CLB 7 each in LRWS then your score would become 471.

Use this tool to see how much your CRS can improve by varying your TEF scores for LRWS

In my opinion 459 is a good score and by the time you prepare for TEF, I assume that the scores for direct ITA could come down to that level. Meanwhile, if Ontario would resume to send PT NOI, you will get an invite, you can consider this option (in case direct ITA scores does not come down or TEF does not improve your CRS drastically).
Thank you!!

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi need your help regarding Canada PCC,
I lived in canada for 2 years and currently in india. I already applied and waiting for ITA.
1st Question - Do I need to do PCC for Canada as well? Is that Mandatory?? If yes then Please navigate me through it.

2Question - How can I take fingerprints scanning and provide it? and how much total time it will take to complete the process..

Please help so that I can prepare in advance

thanks

yasirdjs

Jun 15, 2015
Dubai
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Aug 2016
Doc's Request.
14 Nov 2016
Nomination.....
03-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
14 Jun 2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
03 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
28 May 2018
Stanlee said:
1. In Express Entry you get the highest points for three years or more of work experience in a single NOC under skill type 0, A or B in the last 10 years. In your case, the NOC 2263 qualifies and meets this requirement. So you can use 2263 as your primary NOC.

2. CIC is quite strict with regard to the requirements of the reference letter. If you have any other documents which shows the missing information (number of hours and salary), then you can submit the reference letter that you received for NOC 2141, supporting documents along with an LOE. But, this will not be necessary because your current job (2263) will already meet the Express Entry requirement. So you can choose to show this experience under Personal History rather than work experience and avoid the hassles associated with the missing information.
Thanks Stanlee !!

Much appreciated your response!!

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
can anyone please help me!!

Lily_br

Jan 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Police certificate from Canada need not be uploaded unless and otherwise specifically asked for.

Please check this link --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Raj, thanks a lot ;)

Lily_br

Jan 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keepsmiling said:
Hello Friends,

I have filled my EE and my CRS scores are 420. I know scores are very less for ITA, so i am dependent on OINP. But in my EE profile it''s showing that criteria for Provincial Nominee Program is "Not Met"

What does it mean. I will not get any invite from any of the provinces? But i have read that above CRS 400, we met the criteria of PNP programs?
KeepSmiling, if you apply for OINP you have to wait until they send an AOR to you, I think your docs are under review

SZaidi

May 6, 2016
Hi Raj..very informative post..but i have some questions about landing in Canada to look for a job without Express entry. Would be great if you could help.

My husband has relatives that are citizens of Canada for over 20 years..i am planning on staying with them and looking for a job
I will be applying for a temporary residence visa instead of a open work permit..will employers be interested in such a profile
I am planning to take assistance from immigration assistance agencies in Toronto to look for a job and the classifieds in newspapers..is that a good way of looking ?
I am applying for WES and IELTS..

Basically will be landing with passion for moving to the country..

P.S. I am a graduate with 10years+ work experience