+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi Guys...

Need a confirmation from you. I just received PPR and planning to put submit my resignation to my current employer. I hope PPR is a confirmation and I need not wait for Visa stamp on my passport/ copr for submission of my resignation...

Would really appreciate if you can send your comments on this...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Paul941 said:
Thanks a lot for the reply guys. I would be receiving my Provincial nomination pretty soon. There is a 15 month processing time for federal after getting my Provincial nomination so was just wondering if express entry is quicker. Following your link,I score 993 points if i put in my old IELTS score which i used to get into a school here in Canada. I guess all i have to do now is to wait until i gain one year of experience. Do people generally apply for both Federal PR( sorry , not too sure what it is called ) and express entry ?
From what i read on CIC's website, all the categories ask for work experience. I graduated last year with a diploma and have a permanent job in NOC B. Do i qualify for any a category that does not require work experience ?
You might have to re-take IELTS. IELTS test results are valid for 2 years only.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anishcool said:
Hi Everyone,

Being a newbie to this forum, few questions on EE process.

1. I am applying through a consultancy, per their initial evaluation report I am given 387 point, presuming I scored 7 Band in IELTS. My exam is on 30 APr. IF I score less than 7, I am kicked out from applying in this process?

Kicked out - NO. Slowed down - YES. You need at least CLB 7 (6666 LRWS) to be eligible under EE. Suggest you to try and get a CLB-9 (8777 LRWS) - this will boost your CRS points significantly.

2. What are the probabilities of getting an invite if say my CRS score is 400 or within 420, 430 ish. Hearing CIC is going to bring down the cut off points to some where around 450, true?

Very unlikely. From the past 3 draws (including the one yesterday ), scores aren't falling below 470 (450 used to be the minimum cutoff earlier). IRCC has decreased the number of ITAs (only 954 ITAs in yesterday's draw). How much do you get if you get a CLB-9? If you get a score of 470+, you will most probably get the ITA in the very next draw.

Been dreaming and putting all efforts to join the PR club :p. Seeking experts advise. sorry if I sounded noob in any of the questions.

"noob"? Are you a gamer? ;) Dota?

Regards
Anish

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pawshi said:
Hi Group Admin and RajkamalMohanRam

I have created the express entry profile, registered with Job Bank and status is open. The details are

NOC 0111
EE Created: 05/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Job Bank Registration: 05/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
EE Profile Effective Date:06/04/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Federal Skill Worker: Met
Overall Score: 411
Job Bank Registration: Accepted
Application/Profile status: Open

and

Job Seeker - Express Entry Account Active

Could you please guide, how can I apply for OINP?

Thank you,
Pawshi
You need a PT NOI letter from OINP to submit an application package to them. Yesterday, one person reported that he received a PT from OINP (this is the first PT report on the forum since mid Feb). So, once you get a PT NOI from OINP, you can submit an application to them. Make sure that you have chosen either "Ontario" or "All provinces" in your Express Entry profile - only then you would get a PT.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yahoo_India said:
Hi Guys...

Need a confirmation from you. I just received PPR and planning to put submit my resignation to my current employer. I hope PPR is a confirmation and I need not wait for Visa stamp on my passport/ copr for submission of my resignation...

Would really appreciate if you can send your comments on this...
LOL :) .

Do you have to serve a notice period? If yes, then you could consider resigning your job. Otherwise, suggest you to wait till you get your PR visa and COPR :) . Generally, PPR means the process is over and you will be getting your visa and COPR (post PP submission). :)

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
LOL :) .

Do you have to serve a notice period? If yes, then you could consider resigning your job. Otherwise, suggest you to wait till you get your PR visa and COPR :) . Generally, PPR means the process is over and you will be getting your visa and COPR (post PP submission). :)
Thanks... Has a three month notice period so want to resign at the earliest.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Raj,

Do I need to do anything to get the OINP PT? Anything at our end to get them attracted to the profile or just wait and watch?

Thank you,
Pawshi

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pawshi said:
Hi Raj,

Do I need to do anything to get the OINP PT? Anything at our end to get them attracted to the profile or just wait and watch?

Thank you,
Pawshi
The only thing that you can do is create a EE profile and choose "Ontario" or "All provinces" option. There is nothing more that you can do to get a PT.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Yes, I have selected All Provinces and Territories. Plus, it asked explicitly confirmation for British Columbia and Ontario. I have said "Yes" to both and submitted back. Hope everything is okay. Let's see what happens.

Thank you,
Pawshi

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

I have a question.
1) Normally how much time does CIC take to complete our process after the day we submit our documents?
2) Do they process it any faster if we have a job offer from Canadian organisation? Approximately how much time do they take considering an employer is awaiting this process?
3) in the above case, we don't require submitting the proof of funds, right?
4) If we dont have a job offer, can we submit real estate property documents and PPF/PF documents as proof of funds?

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol NO, I am an investment banker. many thanks for your replies. If I am getting an band 8 or 9 my scores eventually increases to 420. That's the maximum points with out an LMIA backed job offer.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
charlink123 said:
Hello, sir. Is it a must to get a medical exam after getting the ITA? Is it Ok to have it done before ITA.
You can have gotten it before the ITA, but remember, your medical cannot be older than 1 year for it to still be eligible for your application. Moreover, if, between you applying for a PR, and you landing in Canada, your medicals become older than 1 year, you will need to get them done again to be eligible for entry into Canada.

charlink123

Mar 30, 2016
Aragorn165 said:
You can have gotten it before the ITA, but remember, your medical cannot be older than 1 year for it to still be eligible for your application. Moreover, if, between you applying for a PR, and you landing in Canada, your medicals become older than 1 year, you will need to get them done again to be eligible for entry into Canada.
Hello sir, thank you for the information. So if my medical expire during the EE application process after AOR. Does that disqualify me for the application to the next CORP? Or will CIC still process my application?

Thanks a lot.