+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Help & Advice

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have been having some troubles with applying for Express Entry and I see I'm not the only one in this boat when it comes to issues trying to get my profile accepted.

I have all my documents and paperwork for applying for EE but every time I send off my profile it takes about 30 or so seconds before I get a message saying it's ineligible, and I'm trying to figure out what is it I'm doing wrong.

I'm applying under the Canadian Experience Class
Did my CELPIP English Test: S: 12, L: 8, R: 7, W: 9
Got my grades evaluated via WES: One year in College (Studied: Public Services but would have to put it down as Other)
I have been working for over a year under NOC 1241 (Administrative Assistant) and have a total of 3 years & 1 month past work experience back home under NOC 6316 (Other Services Supervisors; was a Security Supervisor)
I'm also supporting myself so I am adding the total income to $12,300 as shown on the income chart via the Canadian Governments site
I also have a Aunt that lives out here too.

One complication I have is my education as my college that I was studying at screwed up one of my diplomas, started college in September 2007 & completed my courses in April 2010. However I never received my last diploma from my college until a few months before I flew out to Canada in 2015, I had to get it resent to me which meant that the examining body had to make a completely new diploma for me which says I completed the course in May 2015. I don't know if that could be the issue as to why my profile keeps getting rejected as I kept putting down that I started college in 2007 to 2010, however my last attempt I did put it down as 2007 to 2015 and still it got rejected...so hitting a brick wall at the moment so to say haha.
I have seen a couple of immigration consultants to confirm that I am eligible to apply and they say that I am, I even checked the points calculator and my total would be 421 which means I'm just edging over the minimum requirement of 413 for this round.

Also in regards to getting accepted and being invited for EE, what other paperwork/documents will I need in order to send off to the Government & how much would the fees be as well? Just asking so I can prepare myself if I do manage to get myself an invite (knock on wood!)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help will be greatly appreciated! Have a great day. :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is you score under the six selection factors of the FSW program? Are you above the required 67 out of 100 points?

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
What is you score under the six selection factors of the FSW program? Are you above the required 67 out of 100 points?
Hi there Del!
I've worked out the total of points, hoping I've got this right:
English/French Skills: 21
Education: 15
Experience (would this be in Canada or outside of Canada?): Inside Canada: 9/Outside Canada: 11
Arranged Employment in Canada: Not Applicable (I have an open work permit under the International Experience Canada Program)
Adaptability: Past Work in Canada (5), Relatives in Canada (forgot to mention that I have a great Aunt, not too sure if that still counts or not): 5

Totals (Adding the Relative points): 67 (Inside Canada)/69 (Outside Canada)
Totals (Not adding the Relative points): 62 (Inside Canada)/64 (Outside Canada)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there Del!
I've worked out the total of points, hoping I've got this right:
English/French Skills: 21
Education: 15
Experience (would this be in Canada or outside of Canada?): Inside Canada: 9/Outside Canada: 11
Arranged Employment in Canada: Not Applicable (I have an open work permit under the International Experience Canada Program)
Adaptability: Past Work in Canada (5), Relatives in Canada (forgot to mention that I have a great Aunt, not too sure if that still counts or not): 5

Totals (Adding the Relative points): 67 (Inside Canada)/69 (Outside Canada)
Totals (Not adding the Relative points): 62 (Inside Canada)/64 (Outside Canada)
No, your great aunt won't add any points.

You're under 67 points and thus ineligible.

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
No, your great aunt won't add any points.

You're under 67 points and thus ineligible.
Ah ok, how about if I go for the Canadian Experience Class or would I need FSW in order to go for CEC?
I thought they were both separate programs as per the governments website?

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
As long as you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply via CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
Yes, I have looked into CEC in more detail as I knew that would be the program I would have to apply for. So just find it strange that I have all the info they need for CEC but I keep getting ineligible all the time. My job doesn't have LIMA so could that be cause of it perhaps?

Also another question about the profile, in regarding to your Primary Occupation, would that be the job I'm currently working now or my past job? It says enter the code you have most experience in and I've added both codes in when attempting to apply and I still keep getting rejected.

Thanks for answering my questions Del!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don't need to have LMIA to be eligible under CEC.

When did you start working as an Administrative Assistant?

How many hours per week?

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
No, you don't need to have LMIA to be eligible under CEC.

When did you start working as an Administrative Assistant?

How many hours per week?
Started working as a Admin Assistant on October 22nd 2015, working 40 hours a week.

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
So I tried to applying a couple of more times yesterday and I actually managed to get one of my profiles accepted, however I'm a little bit confused as it shows my overall score as 393 when it should be 421 on the points calculator, and it's showing that I meet the Federal Skilled Worker Program and not the Canadian Experience Class. The reason why I'm confused with FSW is that I shouldn't be eligible for it as I get below 67 points, so it's a bit weird haha.

Urey

Nov 9, 2021
Hello all! I have got a question regarding the six skills tool for the FSW EE I need to resolve. My profile has been confirmed ineligibile recently. If one has a work experience which is not continuous but is more than 2 years in duration in total, does that experience count as 2-3 years for the six skills points calculation tool or only the one that was continuous will be considered and the others won't add to it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all! I have got a question regarding the six skills tool for the FSW EE I need to resolve. My profile has been confirmed ineligibile recently. If one has a work experience which is not continuous but is more than 2 years in duration in total, does that experience count as 2-3 years for the six skills points calculation tool or only the one that was continuous will be considered and the others won't add to it?
You need one year of continuous skilled experience in one NOC to be eligible. So having 2 years experience doesn’t matter unless one year is continuous. After that you don’t need continuous employment.Also don’t spam the site with the same questions 10 times! Wait for a response.