+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry for refugee claimant

Robemaster

Dec 14, 2016
Please i would like to know if if failed refugee claimant in canada apply for express entry if they can qualify . Can they? Cos I did a rough estimate test online and my score was 456. Want to go ahead and take an English test but also want to be sure first

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't believe it's possible to apply without returning to your home country at some point. To complete the process, CIC will need your physical passport. However CBSA has your passport and won't release it unless you leave the country. So if you're approved for PR and your passport is requested, I think you'd have to withdraw your refugee claim, return to your home country and then submit your passport from there for PR stamping.

Robemaster

Dec 14, 2016
scylla said:
I don't believe it's possible to apply without returning to your home country at some point. To complete the process, CIC will need your physical passport. However CBSA has your passport and won't release it unless you leave the country. So if you're approved for PR and your passport is requested, I think you'd have to withdraw your refugee claim, return to your home country and then submit your passport from there for PR stamping.
So basically I can apply for express entry even if I'm a failed refugee claimant and even after I have returned to my home country? Like they're not going to refuse my application because I'm a failed claimant?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Robemaster said:
So basically I can apply for express entry even if I'm a failed refugee claimant and even after I have returned to my home country? Like they're not going to refuse my application because I'm a failed claimant?
That is entirely up to the review officer to decide. Nobody here can tell you that for sure, you need to take a leap of faith as if nothing is ventured, nothing is gained.