+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry FAQs(farazafzal)

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should make a new thread. And make a comment 'reserved' immediately after your top post. You can do this probably for the first 10 or so comments. This way, when you have new information to add, you can add it by editing comment number 2, 3 and so on as the thread progresses. Otherwise people will drown out the good info in garbage posts! What do you say?
Your suggestion in wonderful, But you can not deter people here from posting, no matter what you say, request, plead. Secondly, the editing of comments is very short lived and the thread is logged very quickly. I will however, take your suggestion and might go for it.

Thank you

Sholyp2

Sep 27, 2018
hi
I have claimed points for masters degree and have mentioned the eca number and also I have mentioned bachelor's degree and have not mentioned any no. in eca details as I dint claim any points for bachelor's under education history ... is that fine??

Lift48

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
8232 / 2145
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hi
I have claimed points for masters degree and have mentioned the eca number and also I have mentioned bachelor's degree and have not mentioned any no. in eca details as I dint claim any points for bachelor's under education history ... is that fine??
i want to know too

SreAK

Oct 9, 2021
Q1. Can I change my NOC after I have received ITA?
Ans. Yes you can. You can add a couple of lines in Letter of Explanation (LoE) saying why did you change it.

Q2. I am not able to get Experience letter from my employer. I already have a letter from my current employer and it is 3 years? Can I remove the past experience after ITA?
Ans. Yes you can. Just write a line in LoE stating that I am not claiming any scores for the experience and it is difficult to secure a letter from my employer hence I have moved it to my personal history.
However, Even if you've maxed out your CRS points with 3 years of work experience the applicant has to be careful when making changes as he/she can claim up to 6 years of work experience in the six selection factors of the FSW program (67/100). The change may not affect your CRS but can affect their eligibility if they fall below 67 due to reducing experience.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
@DelPiero07 Thanks for reminding!

Q3. I am working in a same company for 7 years. I started as Assistant, and then promoted to Manager, and Now I am director. How can I deal with this situation?
Ans. You have had 3 different positions, and the responsibilities are different for all of these 3. You have to choose three NOCs, whose responsibilities match your responsibilities. You employer can give you a single letter, telling your employment date, working hours per week, and that you have held 3 positions.

Q4. I am principal applicant. My spouse has a work experience, do I have to get her experience letters. (She has foreign work experience but never worked in Canada). Isn’t it a misrepresentation if I don’t mention her work experience?
Ans. No you don’t have to mention her work in employment section, as you cannot claim any points for his/her work. This is not misrepresentation as you are putting this work in her personal history.

Q5. I have an expired passport and a current passport. Most of my travels are in the expired passport. Shall I scan and send both, the expired as well as current and valid passport?
Ans. No you should only send current and valid passport only. They are not interested in your expired passport.

Q6. But I have a valid visa of my current country of residence in my expired passport; even then I don’t have to scan?
Ans. It will be wise to scan the biopage and the valid visa page of expired passport and merge it with the valid passport.

Q7. I don’t get it, this does not make sense to me! How IRCC will confirm my travel history if I don’t attach my expired passport? All my exit entry stamps are in expired passport?
Ans. IRCC does not look at the entry and exit stamps of your passport to confirm your travel history. Imagine I was in Europe and I travelled to other EU countries over short vacations and weekends. They do not stamp visas, but I have listed those trips in my travel history.

Q8. Can you explain these acronyms: ECA, ITA, eAPR, AOR, PCC, PoF, CIC, IRCC, VO, CIO, NBG, IP1 and IP2, FSW-O, FSW- I, CEC-O, CEC- I, CSE, LoE
ECA – Educational Credential Assessment.
ITA – Invitation To Apply (for Permanent Residency PR)
eAPR – electronic Application of Permanent Residency
AOR – Acknowledgment Of Receipt (of your eAPR)
PCC – Police Clearance Certificate
PoF – Proof Of Funds
CIC – Citizenship and Immigration Canada
IRCC – Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (CIC is used interchangeably)
VO – Visa Officer (Immigration Officer)
CIO – Central Intake Office (Sydney in Nova Scotia)
NBG – Next step is Background Check
IP1 – Background Check in Progress First time around Medical passing date
IP2 – Background Check in Progress after it became NA.
FSW-O – Federal Skilled Worker Outland(Canada)
FSW- I – Federal Skilled Worker Inland(Canada)
CEC-O – Canadian Experience Class Outland(Canada)
CEC- I – Canadian Experience Class Inland(Canada)
CSE - Case Specific Enquiry (Webform)
LoE - Letter of Explanation

Q9. I have 3 employment records as I have worked in 3 different companies under different NOCs. I am ready to upload my documents, but I only see Employment Record, Employment Record2, and Employment Record3. How do I know which record refers to which of my experience.
Ans. See this thread for details
https://goo.gl/9SwyLz
or read below:

-- You listed job 1 in work history NOC 1234, Company ABC
-- You listed job 2 in work history NOC 1234, Company GHQ
-- You listed job 3 in work history NOC 1234, Company XYZ

Then in employment records you will have 3 place holders
(Matching colors is the order to follow!)

-- Employment Record (1st Row) ---- Job 1--- Company ABC
-- Employment Record (2nd Row) ---- Job 2 --- Company GHQ
-- Employment Record (3rd Row) ---- Job 3 --- Company XYZ
Things cannot be more detailed than this!!

Q10. I was working in a company with title “Secretary to Dean”. I am not able to find this title in NOC. However, I found that most of my duties and responsibilities matches to NOC xxxx but the title is “Administrative Assistant”. What shall I do now? Please help, its urgent! :)
Ans. Well, with CIC titles won’t matter. You should use NOC whose responsibilities match your responsibilities.

Q11. I am married and applying for EE. I have family but they are not accompanying me. Do I have to show funds for my application or even the non-accompanying members?
Ans. Whether accompanying or not accompanying you will have to show funds for all dependents.

Q12. My application was rejected. How long it would take for me to get back my money.
Ans. It can take 4 – 8 weeks. Be patient.

Q13. Oh My Gosh !! I can’t believe it. CRS for the draw today is well below my CRS. Yeahhh… Woohooooo.. But wait a minute! I have not received ITA in my account. Please help !
Ans. It could take 24 – 48 hours for you to receive ITA. Be patient.

Q14. I am about to file my eAPR, but we recently knew that my wife if pregnant. Shall I explain this in LoE?
Ans. CIC/IRCC is not interested in Pregnancy, baby boy or girl, etc etc.

Q15. I have identified a relative (Aunt, Uncle) in my application to get points. However, I cannot provide documents to establish my relation with them. Can I remove this information from my application after ITA?
Ans. Yes you can. Probably, good idea is to write a line in LoE saying that you are not able to secure proper documentation so you have to remove this relative from your application. Make sure your overall score does not go below 67 after making this change.

Q16. Why my profile is not eligible for EE. Am I doing something wrong?
Ans. Are you selecting correct PoF amount?
Is your overall score is more than or equal to 67?
If you are FSW-O do you have 1 year of working experience?
Get all this right and you will be eligible.

Q17. What are the Reasons of Rejection.
Ans. See this thread.
https://goo.gl/KyCVaz

Q18. What are the photo requirements and how can I fulfill them?
Ans. See this thread.
https://goo.gl/o4qEBD

Q19. Can I use my spouse's individual bank account or a joint account with the spouse for POF?
Ans. Yes you can, provided spouse is accompanying you.

Q20. Do I need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from my spouse for using their funds in POF?
Ans. Not needed.

Q21. I have heard I have to keep the funds available for a minimum duration X in my account for POF?
Ans. No, that's not true. As long as you can prove the money is not borrowed, you should be fine.

Q22. Is birth certificate required in eAPR?
Ans. Birth certificate is required for the dependent children only.

Q23. I have received ECA for my M.Sc degree, but someone suggested that it is better to get bachelors and high school certificates assessed too. Is this correct. Shall I pay more and get them assessed too.
Ans. No Need. You will get maximum CRS score for the highest degree. Don't waste time and money on this.

Q24. I am getting Gift deed from a family member but they are in different part of the world. Do I need to be present there?
Ans. No you don't need to be present there. Let them specify that you have the ownership of the money, and you can use it for whatever purpose you think it suitable. This is not a loan and you don't have to return this. Signed and notarized! Let them also attach a proof of the transaction of the money which you will receive.

There are many more and I will continue to add. I also invite others to make this FAQ page, and many of us will be relieved for answering same questions again and again.

Hi, I am Oct'21 HCP stream applicant, While submitting OINP application I forgot to mention my travel history to Saudi for 30 days to see my father under other activities. The details are available in my passport and it specifies "work permit not allowed" and it is a "visitor visa". Will it be a problem as I didn't mention these details in other activities? Do I need to inform them upfront via email?