+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Experience Letter

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
Hello,

I have a CEC Express Entry Invitation with 23 days left to submit all documents with NOC 0 Job Title.

I have been working with fast food restaurant chain since past 3 years, of which 2.5 years of management position. In last 2 months, I have requested my employer to provide me a letter of experience stating my employment details and job responsibilities. However, I am only getting neglected all the time.

Till date, I am just being patience and awaiting for them to issue me the required documents but as the due date to submit documents is approaching, I am worried.

Having spoke to previous employees, I learned that all the all the employees who got such letter in the past ended up quitting the job very soon which could be one of the reasons why the employer is hesitated to give me the letter.

If my employer ends up not giving me supporting documents, what could be my options to submit my profile moving forward?

P.S. I have all pay stubs, an employment letter issued to me for health card (without job duties listed), and OCF Form (which has very few job duties listed on it) and NO JOB OFFER LETTER.

Any inputs or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Employment Letter is the most important file, it should includes duties, work hours every week, hourly pay rate, etc...and it also needs signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
No Letter equals no work experience.Good luck!

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Having spoke to previous employees, I learned that all the all the employees who got such letter in the past ended up quitting the job very soon which could be one of the reasons why the employer is hesitated to give me the letter.
The employer should question what that happens...

The mandatory for express entry is a letter with all the requirements by IRCC

If your boss does deny that, you will need to document that (emails of your boss saying they dont provide letters, etc) and you will need to provide with paystubs etc. In addition, if you can, you can ask a colleague to write an affidavit (but you need to go to notary and it cost money).

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
Employment Letter is the most important file, it should includes duties, work hours every week, hourly pay rate, etc...and it also needs signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.

I am very much aware of what the experience letter should include and how important that is. But the QUESTION is: What can I do and How do I prove my experience (which I actually have) for these years when the employer is not not supporting?

thanks for your response though! :)

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
The employer should question what that happens...

The mandatory for express entry is a letter with all the requirements by IRCC

If your boss does deny that, you will need to document that (emails of your boss saying they dont provide letters, etc) and you will need to provide with paystubs etc. In addition, if you can, you can ask a colleague to write an affidavit (but you need to go to notary and it cost money).

My immediate supervisor (General Manager) said he doesn't have the authority as the letter for immigration purposes can only be provided by the HR & Operations Manager. He advised me to write him a formal email besides the personal request.

I do have an email requesting the letter. However, the HR & Operations Manager never responded to that thread. I feel like being in the middle of nowhere. Can't get the document for the work that I have been doing actually for these years.

Can I contact MOL to get my employer provide me the letter? Only if it's illegal for an employer not to provide experience letter to an employee.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I am very much aware of what the experience letter should include and how important that is. But the QUESTION is: What can I do and How do I prove my experience (which I actually have) for these years when the employer is not not supporting?

thanks for your response though! :)
It's not a guarantee but you can try explaning why you can't get it with a LOE and get the duties separately from a colleague/supervisor/manager who worked with you, in my case it worked.

Reactions: shivam.20292

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
My immediate supervisor (General Manager) said he doesn't have the authority as the letter for immigration purposes can only be provided by the HR & Operations Manager. He advised me to write him a formal email besides the personal request.

I do have an email requesting the letter. However, the HR & Operations Manager never responded to that thread. I feel like being in the middle of nowhere. Can't get the document for the work that I have been doing actually for these years.

Can I contact MOL to get my employer provide me the letter? Only if it's illegal for an employer not to provide experience letter to an employee.
yeah some employers are just idiotic.

Try to get document what your boss said about contacting HR. Try to document HR didnt answer. Document your paystubs. And as said by someone else, try to make a letter from a colleague stating you did in fact worked there

If the work experience is in Canada, you can request a letter with your history work. Its in the law, and the companies must communicate your work history to canada administration.

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
yeah some employers are just idiotic.

Try to get document what your boss said about contacting HR. Try to document HR didnt answer. Document your paystubs. And as said by someone else, try to make a letter from a colleague stating you did in fact worked there

If the work experience is in Canada, you can request a letter with your history work. Its in the law, and the companies must communicate your work history to canada administration.

Thank you! Yes, the work experience is in Canada itself.

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
It's not a guarantee but you can try explaning why you can't get it with a LOE and get the duties separately from a colleague/supervisor/manager who worked with you, in my case it worked.
Thank you! I can definitely try doing that in the worst case.

Is there a specific format I should follow in LOE?

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Thank you! Yes, the work experience is in Canada itself.
Then you have it easier. You can request a record of employment. The employer is obligated to fill it: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe.html

Your t4 also, your paystubs (hopefully says your position)

Everything you can.

The LOE has no structure. You need to be as clear as possible.

But dont write 10 pages.... The most 2 pages LOE for everything, with bullet points (for example steps you tried to get the letter)

shivam.20292

Jun 7, 2018
Then you have it easier. You can request a record of employment. The employer is obligated to fill it: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe.html

Your t4 also, your paystubs (hopefully says your position)

Everything you can.

The LOE has no structure. You need to be as clear as possible.

But dont write 10 pages.... The most 2 pages LOE for everything, with bullet points (for example steps you tried to get the letter)
Thank you for the link. I just signed up for an ROE Web. When I checked previous ROEs issued to me, it doesn't say anything against 'Occupation'. It's just blank and no job duties mentioned. Also, none of our paystubs say out our position.

I do have T4 and NOA from CRA Canada though.

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
The only thing that stated my current position and work duties is the OCF form I got from them for my insurance purpose (attached).

https://ibb.co/gSLGJ20 (For OCF Form I got from my employer)

Please let me know if that works for my cause.
Everything that can support your case, if you cannot get a letter from your employer.

If there is internal web with your role, you could take a screenshot.

Each document explained in the LOE, and why you could not get a letter (with supporting documentation/email your boss decline it) despite your best efforts.

Still, I recommend a colleague writing a letter with a notary with affidavit. If Canadian notary, even better.

PS: You should check with a consultant or lawyer at this point.