+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry- change in full name

Hasita

Jul 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have changed my full name after marriage including the first name. When I have sent educational certificates for WES evaluation they cancelled the application stating the name on the application and documents bear two different names.

I am thinking to apply again now do I have to use old name for WES application and then change name for visa application.

Or shall I use my new name and then send supporting documents like Passport, Child birth certificate.

My old name on which I have documents are Lakshmi V
And the new name is Tara G Kalgutkar please help.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi hasita,

I have same dillema for WES of my wife. After marriage we have changed her full name. Education Certificates are on her old name. While we have passport with her new name.

Please let me know what solution dis you get.
My email id is Tushar12333@gmail.com

Hasita

Jul 16, 2018
Hello Tushar,

I had again re-applied for WES with the new name and gave supporting documents of my new name( Affidavit, passport , my son's birth certificate and I had newspaper ad which I used for my passport and then made a covering letter and posted to WES)

They now have accepted my application and the status shows as In-progress , but, when I filed my application on wes I filed it with my new name (Tara G Kalgutkar ) but WES has changed the name to Lakshmi .V.Untill, I get my report I have no clue the way it's going to look like.

Meanwhile, I had submitted change of name with "Gazette of India" . So, this should serve the purpose.

Please let me know how are you approaching the WES and change of name, it would be really helpful.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I am going to submit :
Gazatte copy.
Old passport copy with old name before marriage.
New passport copy with new name after marriage.
Marriage Certificate.
My childs birth certificate.
Letter in support explainig the case.

Even if they give it with old name. We can prove it CIC on later date