Cairo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Is it really nearly impossible to find a job overseas using online websites such as linked in and indeed?

Please note that I have received an invitation to apply and finding a job offer is my only chance.

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it really nearly impossible to find a job overseas using online websites such as linked in and indeed?

Please note that I have received an invitation to apply and finding a job offer is my only chance.

Thanks in advance!
Yes - it's next to impossible. The LMIA process that employers have to go through is long and expensive with no guarantee of approval. They are also required to prove no Canadian could be found for the role which is often quite difficult or impossible to prove.

You should look for others ways to increase your score or look at other immigration programs (e.g. PNP). Unfortunately it's unrealistic to expect you will be able to secure a job offer. However if you've received an invitation to apply already (i.e. ITA) - why do you need a job offer?

Fshawky

Jun 22, 2018
Cairo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yes - it's next to impossible. The LMIA process that employers have to go through is long and expensive with no guarantee of approval. They are also required to prove no Canadian could be found for the role which is often quite difficult or impossible to prove.

You should look for others ways to increase your score or look at other immigration programs (e.g. PNP). Unfortunately it's unrealistic to expect you will be able to secure a job offer. However if you've received an invitation to apply already (i.e. ITA) - why do you need a job offer?

Its either I provide an offer letter or a bank statement. Unfortunately, a bank statement isn't quite on the table yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Its either I provide an offer letter or a bank statement. Unfortunately, a bank statement isn't quite on the table yet.
In that case decline the ITA and resubmit your profile once you have the required savings.

The job offer really isn't going to happen. Even if you were to find an employer (which is highly unlikely), they have to spend a month advertising before they even apply for the LMIA. Processing of the LMIA application can easily take 2-4 months. And at the end of all of that, there's no guarantee of approval.

Fshawky

Jun 22, 2018
Cairo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
In that case decline the ITA and resubmit your profile once you have the required savings.

The job offer really isn't going to happen. Even if you were to find an employer (which is highly unlikely), they have to spend a month advertising before they even apply for the LMIA. Processing of the LMIA application can easily take 2-4 months. And at the end of all of that, there's no guarantee of approval.
Why is it impossible to find an employer who didn't already have an LMIA?

Or am I missing something, is the LMIA done for every international individual they would like to hire?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why is it impossible to find an employer who didn't already have an LMIA?

Or am I missing something, is the LMIA done for every international individual they would like to hire?
It's done for every international individual they would like to hire. One LMIA doesn't cover an entire company / employer. A separate LMIA is required for each international individual an employer hires. So if I want to hire 10 international staff members - that's 10 separate LMIAs - 10 times I have to meet the 1 month advertising requirement - 10 separate LMIA applications, etc.

You're obviously very free to try to find an employer. Just be prepared for how difficult it is to find employers who are even willing to consider going through the process.

Also recommend you educate yourself about the actual LMIA process based on the questions you are asking:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Fshawky

Jun 22, 2018
Cairo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you very much for your time and information. I will.