+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Bridging Open Work Permit

kmcl925

Aug 16, 2020
I'm getting conflicting information about how to apply for express entry bridging open work permit. I'm currently living and working in Canada under a Post Graduate Open Work Permit and it will expire soon. Can I apply for the permit after submitting my express entry profile, or do I need to wait until I receive an invitation letter?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I'm getting conflicting information about how to apply for express entry bridging open work permit. I'm currently living and working in Canada under a Post Graduate Open Work Permit and it will expire soon. Can I apply for the permit after submitting my express entry profile, or do I need to wait until I receive an invitation letter?
Once you submit the application after you receive the invitation letter, you'll receive the acknowledgement of receipt. Only with this last AOR you can apply for BOWP

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
You would need acknowledge of receipt to apply for bridging. Ita alone would not be sufficient.