+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Application refusal

Feb 15, 2023
Hello all,

I just got a letter from IRCC stating that my application was rejected and returned due it being incomplete for the following reason:

The Police certificate from [Redacted Country] was issued prior to your last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2016/03/01. Your last residence in this country was 2016/09.

Not sure how the officer came to this conclusion as I have stated I left the country in 2013/12 to study abroad and then later revisited the country from 2015/12/21 to 2016/01/07 and haven't gone back since.

I have the country entry and exit stamps clearly shown in my passport (which I included with my application), I even have evidence of official country travel records (Country I studied abroad in) showing that I had entered the country and I even have my old cancelled Visa copy of the original country of residence. Furthermore, I had also attached the official transcripts during my time of studies that outline the dates of when the classes took place.

I am really perplexed as to how they came to this conclusion. Is there any process to appeal this please help me?