+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
JXS1981 said:
Hi SDave,

Even I have the same predicament. I got ITA on 27th March but my IELTS is valid till 15th May. Please let me know if you get any update from CIC.

To Experts,

I request you to give your 2 cents for the situation SDave and I are currently in.

Thanks & Warm Regards.
Have you tried looking up CIC website. It's a helpful site.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Any body had been asked to submit RCMP clearance /Canadian police clearance as additional document request while you are in canada after receiving AOR.

Coz I haven't submmited it while filling my application as it was not requested

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I received an invitation on the first draw, submitted my application on Feb 19th and the only update I had is that the background check changed to: Not Started on March 7th I believe.
Is there anyone else here with the same timeline? Also, they couldn't find my application when tried checking status on the online system.

rhossain

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Dear All,
Does anyone gets passport request from CIC? I am little bit tense regarding my passport expire data which is April 09,2016 . I had submitted my application on 27 March,2014.

What are the maximum months of validity required when someone sends his passport to visa office?

Does visa office provide visa stamp on passport or electronic visa like Australia?

Do I need to collect new passport book now or one year validity is fine and later on i will provide new passport details to cic where old passport number will be printed.

In my country government does not renew old passport instead they provide new machine readable passport with old passport reference.

Please advice.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
cosgrec said:
I received an invitation on the first draw, submitted my application on Feb 19th and the only update I had is that the background check changed to: Not Started on March 7th I believe.
Is there anyone else here with the same timeline? Also, they couldn't find my application when tried checking status on the online system.
bud pretty same as me got ita on 7 feb
application submitted 20 feb
first update request of orignal celpip on march 25
den nothing

SDave

Feb 6, 2015
springchicken said:
Have you tried looking up CIC website. It's a helpful site.
I watched website.

At that time when we submitted our EE profile, we received a letter. That letter shows that we have to inform CIC if our score expires and if any other changes to our application until we get ITA.

In the ITA letter it shows to apply for PR or to reject invitation.

After submitting PR file to EE, we received a letter of confirmation (called AOR), which says to notify them if any address changes or marital status change. It doesn't say about English score...

Please let me know if u know anything about this situation. English score was valid at the time of submission and it's still valid in-fact.

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
rhossain said:
Dear All,
Does anyone gets passport request from CIC? I am little bit tense regarding my passport expire data which is April 09,2016 . I had submitted my application on 27 March,2014.

What are the maximum months of validity required when someone sends his passport to visa office?

Does visa office provide visa stamp on passport or electronic visa like Australia?

Do I need to collect new passport book now or one year validity is fine and later on i will provide new passport details to cic where old passport number will be printed.

6 months....
In my country government does not renew old passport instead they provide new machine readable passport with old passport reference.

Please advice.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SDave & JXS1981,

I think at the day you submit your application and your IELTS/CELPIP still valid and you're good, no need to worry!!
here's the answer! cheers!
-----------------
47. How long are language test and Education Credential Assessment (ECA) results valid for?

Language test results are valid for 2 years. They must be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.

ECAs are valid for 5 years and must also be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.
------------------
link from cic website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#47

SDave said:
I called CIC today for a question, I did not get satisfactory answer, if anyone of u know, please guide me.

I got ITA 31st Jan.
Submitted EE file 28th Feb.
Back ground check In Progress since 6th March.

Question is that I appeared CELPIP test in May-2013. And because of two years validity it's going to expire in May-2015. Should I appear again.??
They did not ask to attach in EE file, but I attached with Education documents. They have not asked yet any additional documents.

But Should I take test date? At the time of submission, test was valid, and it's still valid. I don't want to make it late, if they ask for it.

CIC officer had no knowledge at all. she told me that English score never gets expired..!!! :eek: :-X

She was also an "Immigrant" from her accent, and she told me to send inquiry email, but I did not receive any email.so I can not ask them by email.

Please guide me, if u know anything about this situation.

EET

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 FEB
AOR Received.
9 FEB
Med's Done....
7 FEB
Yo Guys its good to see that people are getting passport requests. I think that was my mistake to submit my case before the second draw which means within the first week of first draw. whoever has applied in that week, he/she is on indefinite wait. I don't even have ECAS. First Draw, First Week n no ECAS and everybody else has ECAS. Sounds ridiculous!

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
miss_ said:
Thank you everyone for all your updates. got my PPR today. :)

ITA: JAN 31
SUBMITTED MY APP: FEB 20
PPR: MARCH 27

Sorry thats all the timeline i have. i dont check my application daily.

they put me under fsw but i am also eligible for cec.

Good luck everyone!! you guys helped me a lol

can u please expand ur timeline!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so we can get more info about the process.

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
delorean said:
Yes it was CEC.

It may be not misrepresentation. Because, their point system had mistake in Feb. Everyone who applied like me was rejected. Just "rejected" After rejected, they register again with new points.
Just want to know what is status of ur BOWP.

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
SushilEE said:
Any body had been asked to submit RCMP clearance /Canadian police clearance as additional document request while you are in canada after receiving AOR.

Coz I haven't submmited it while filling my application as it was not requested

same here i didnt submit coz it was not a requirement.lets c what will happen.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello Every one :)

I have applied for my PNP PR- paper based last week and got ITA in this draw. Will be applying for EE as well in parallel. I want to withdraw my paper based application only when i get passport request from EE

q1. Can I do that ? I thought i should let PNP PR know once i get my AOR?
q2: At which point i will get the complete refund from PNP PR ?

Thanking you all in advance

WCM

Jun 19, 2014
Ozzymechanic said:
I disagree!

After submitting an app 7 days after the first draw of a few hundred people, by my calculations would put my app probably in the first couple of hundred received, considering it's a new system with no backlog prior to the apps from the first draw, I would have expected to see some activity by now. I am now at the end of week 7! Another week and a half and 33% of the proposed processing time will be passed with no activity. I can understand 6 months when there are several thousand applications back logged.

This off the back of a WP issued incorrectly in beginning of January and still awaiting a review almost 3 months later!
I don't think CIC has any obligation to change our application statuses according to your "calculations". The only thing they obliged to do is to process the application "within" six months.